SRAM GX AXS T Type

JC-1

Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
My system has started shifting badly again. I had another play with the MicroAdjust trying to fix it and the range of available adjustment in the app switched from 1–14 to 1–33! It let me set it to position 18 and try that (didn't help), before switching itself back to the original range of 1–14 and moving me back to position 14. The firmware and app haven't had any updates to cause this.

I didn't get a screenshot of it set to 18, but here's one of the range changing to 1–33. The buttons to adjust the setting had disappeared at this point.
img_9762-png.2054299.png

Last edited:

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
My system has started shifting badly again. I had another play with the MicroAdjust trying to fix it and the range of available adjustment in the app switched from 1–14 to 1–33! It let me set it to position 18 and try that (dissent help), before switching itself back to the original range of 1–14 and moving me back to position 14. The firmware and app haven't had any updates to cause this.

I didn't get a screenshot of it set to 18, but here's one of the range changing to 1–33. The buttons to adjust the setting had disappeared at this point.
View attachment 123483
Ok, thats truly weird… sorry I have nothing to offer on advice.
My system has started shifting badly again. I had another play with the MicroAdjust trying to fix it and the range of available adjustment in the app switched from 1–14 to 1–33! It let me set it to position 18 and try that (dissent help), before switching itself back to the original range of 1–14 and moving me back to position 14. The firmware and app haven't had any updates to cause this.

View attachment 123483
Truly weir… sorry I have no advice.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
I have sram XO transmission and my mech and kurled ring move forward sometimes and it loses what would be B tension and i can't use 1,2,3 gears unless i physically push the mech back. It's all torqued to spec.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
Have you tried using micro-adjust to get it dialed? Sounds like it's off a couple mm. It's not magic - it still needs an initial adjustment/tweak after installation to get it setup correctly.
If it hasn't been moved from the factory setting then it's more likely that you have your setup slightly off. Check everything 3 or 4 times before micro adjusting it as most times that's not what the problem is.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
If it hasn't been moved from the factory setting then it's more likely that you have your setup slightly off. Check everything 3 or 4 times before micro adjusting it as most times that's not what the problem is.

Not my experience - since chain length isn't infinitely adjustable, it can affect the chainline slightly differently between bike types and frame sizes as can subtle differences in hub measurements. It doesn't take much to cause noise or mis-shifting with 12 speed setups. I've used microadjust +/- a few clicks to correct for those variations on a few bikes.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
Not my experience - since chain length isn't infinitely adjustable, it can affect the chainline slightly differently between bike types and frame sizes as can subtle differences in hub measurements. It doesn't take much to cause noise or mis-shifting with 12 speed setups. I've used microadjust +/- a few clicks to correct for those variations on a few bikes.
Like I said do that 1st then micro adjust if needed which bring up another point if you have a chain line that's off it could be spacer, wrong end caps or front chain ring etcetera.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Don't need a new crank just a new chain ring. (And I'm pretty sure a normal sram chain ring works as well unofficially)

You will need mech, shifter, chain,cassette though

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
Can you fit just a type t derailleur and shifter ?
Or do you need to fit a different crank set aswell
The ebike sets come without crank arms you just get a new front chain ring. I'm pretty sure you'll find not swapping out the chain ring isn't really worth it.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Don't need a new crank just a new chain ring. (And I'm pretty sure a normal sram chain ring works as well unofficially)

You will need mech, shifter, chain,cassette though
As redders said but I think the chainring may have a slightly different profile and worth getting complete with the whole group set.
Same cranks though!

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
My system has started shifting badly again. I had another play with the MicroAdjust trying to fix it and the range of available adjustment in the app switched from 1–14 to 1–33! It let me set it to position 18 and try that (didn't help), before switching itself back to the original range of 1–14 and moving me back to position 14. The firmware and app haven't had any updates to cause this.

View attachment 123483
Check that chain length is correct (latest AXS app has updated calculator) and be sure your chainline (front/rear alignment) are correct since T-Type now run different chainline than prior standard.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA

If you are near the extremes of Microadjust settings, something is very wrong with your installation. Perhaps the cassette isn't fully seated on the freehub body.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
If you are near the extremes of Microadjust settings, something is very wrong with your installation. Perhaps the cassette isn't fully seated on the freehub body.

I use my old Stumpjumper on a Wahoo Kickr / Zwift on occasion through the winter. I upgraded it to AXS, because I was fed up of having to make big adjustments to the derailleur when I put it on the Kickr. I feel like one of the spacers I put on the Kickr for fitting a 148mm axel is slightly too big. A discussion I've had with Wahoo, but they wouldn't acknowledge. I did think about shaving a few mm off it, but it seemed a dangerous game!

Anyway, to the point... my Stumpy with the rear wheel on is set at 16 (bang in the middle) and I have to offset the AXS app to setting 1 to make it work with my Kickr. I know there is an issue there, but it works.
My Levo SL on AXS was set at 15 (out of 32), and my transmission is at 7 (out of 14). Anything more than a few away from centre would indicate an issue to me.

PeVaPu

Nov 30, 2023
Belgium
That’s the other thing that confused me. From the reviews, I thought that if you clicked multiple times on the pod shifter, the derailuer would only attempt to shift one cog at a time. But, I can click multiple times and it will happily make a mess of the shift and get the chain stuck trying to bridge multiple cogs.
I have a brand-new Scott Lumen 900 2023 that I equipped immediately with the XX transmission. Tapping multiple times or having the shifter pressed and passing to multiple cogs (2, 3 or infinite) is something you set up in the Sram AXS app.

PeVaPu

Nov 30, 2023
Belgium
I’ve been running the XX one now for about 6 weeks and overall am really impressed.
I previously had AXS XX1 on the bike.

Now I’ve found the correct spot, I love the new ‘pod’ controller, the setup is sooo easy, and the shifting is flawless every time. I generally never shift under load anyway, so I don’t notice a difference there.

Was it worth the price to upgrade from my previous AXS? Probably not.
I did manage to get about £500 back selling it on eBay, but the upgrade was over £1300!
I did just the same on my Scott Lumen 900 where I traded in the the non transmission GX for the XX group. I am delighted, but just like you I couldn't say if the price upgrade is really worth it.

JC-1

Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
I have a brand-new Scott Lumen 900 2023 that I equipped immediately with the XX transmission. Tapping multiple times or having the shifter pressed and passing to multiple cogs (2, 3 or infinite) is something you set up in the Sram AXS app.
I think you're referring to Mutlishift which isn't what I was describing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles