Levo XO T type transmission

S88rsg

Jul 24, 2022
Cwmbran
Hello fellow emtb' ers ,Looking for some help regarding the new Xo t type transmission for my 23 levo , Do i need to purchase the full kit with the cranks etc or separate, ie derailleur, shifter ,cassette and chainring, your help is much appreciated.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Hi
I have just done this
You don’t need the crank arms but you need the 34 tooth chain ring type t and the cassette etc

I found a “emtb “ kit for a levo you need one that’s 104 bcd

The kit came with everything apart from the crank arm ( it did come with a 36 t chain ring) but I purchased a separate 34 t type t chain ring

I purchased the emtb kit from leisure lakes and the chain ring from Halfords
Make sure the chain ring is 104 bcd

Hope this helps

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
You can use the 36t chain ring that comes with the kit, I actually prefer it over the 34t that came stock on the bike. You’ll have to remove the chain guide for it to fit but that’s not really a big deal.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I almost forgot….you’ll need a few specific tools if you’re doing the install yourself and don’t already have them.

-Gear Puller
-Lockring socket
-Brose press tool

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I managed to change the chainring without removing the crank arm as I didn’t have the tool mentioned above

Just remove the pedal and chain ring bolts and the chain ring can be fiddled around and removed over the crank spider

I must say It would be easier to remove the arm and spider but it can be done with a bit of patience

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I managed to change the chainring without removing the crank arm as I didn’t have the tool mentioned above

Just remove the pedal and chain ring bolts and the chain ring can be fiddled around and removed over the crank spider

I must say It would be easier to remove the arm and spider but it can be done with a bit of patience
You managed to get the chain ring off without removing the spider on a gen3?! I know it can be done on the prior gens but even Spesh said it can’t be done on the gen 3s.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
You managed to get the chain ring off without removing the spider on a gen3?! I know it can be done on the prior gens but even Spesh said it can’t be done on the gen 3s.
Yes honestly I got chain ring off without taking the spider out, it was really fiddly and tricky mind. This was on a gen 3 carbon levo however having the right tools removing the spider would be easier

Romney

Jul 6, 2023
NY, USA
Hello,

I was also able to remove the stock chain ring and install the sram t-type chainring by removing the pedal and chain ring bolts. The t-type went on easy but the stock one did take some sliding of the chain ring over one or two of the spyder arms and rotating. My ride is a gen 3 comp alloy,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles