SRAM Transmission - GX vs XO

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
What’s the difference in performance?

I'm already subbed to your channel:). For one thing one setup is lighter so that difference has a effect on how it performs regardless how small it is. I do suspect one can feel some difference as you go thru the levels. I started off with the old AXS gx system and upgrade as went with that and could certain feel that with the non transmission versions. So when I got the transmission I went with the XX for that reason. The short answer is they are different so that dictates that they would perform different even if it is just ever so slightly.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I'm already subbed to your channel:). For one thing one setup is lighter so that difference has an effect on how it performs regardless how small it is. I do suspect one can feel some difference as you go thru the levels. I started off with the old AXS gx system and upgrade as went with that and could certain feel that with the non transmission versions. So when I got the transmission I went with the XX for that reason. The short answer is they are different so that dictates that they would perform different even if it is just ever so slightly.
The difference is weight between GX mech and XO mech is 16 grams

I’ve got all 3 of the derailleurs and to me theres zero discernible difference in shifting performance.

Biggest difference by far is how much it’ll cost you and what it looks like 👍

All the mechanics in the mechs are the same. Materials are slightly different, and marketing allows for a good / better / best product positioning, and 3 different price points.

X0 and XX differences are even more minimal.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles