Reign E+ 2022

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
End of the year!? Jesus.

The E+ 3 in size S was in stock on Giant's website last month and I was ready to order one and have it shipped to my LBS in 7 days, but I held off cuz my LBS told me I wouldn't get the extended warranty if I didn't buy specifically through them. But now I've been waiting and waiting with no update. I'm kinda wishing I would have just bought it from the Giant website instead. I coulda been rippin' on my Reign E+ 3 by now!!!

But my local shop Wheelworld does have a pretty impressive warranty for ebikes: 2 yrs on the computer, 5 yrs on the battery, and 10 yrs on the motor. May be worth waiting for...
Not worth waiting for a whole year 😳 Unless you have another ride...

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles
I am running x2 with 400lb spring at 85 kilos.
Upgrading to 425 as a bit soft.

I'm gonna take the SuperDeluxe Ultimate Coil I have off my non-E Reign and put it on the Reign E+. I cut the spacer to extend the stroke to 65mm. I weight ~165 lbs/75kg and will be using a 400# spring. Hopefully it will be just right!

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles
Not worth waiting for a whole year 😳 Unless you have another ride...

Well, I'm hoping that the end-of-year ETA that M01 got only applies to the E+2, and that the E+3s will arrive sooner. 🤞

But yes, I do have another ride to tie me over til then... 2019 Trance E+ 1 that I've SX'd out with 160mm front travel and a DHX2 (55mm stroke) in the rear.

1644008687398.png

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Well, I'm hoping that the end-of-year ETA that M01 got only applies to the E+2, and that the E+3s will arrive sooner. 🤞

But yes, I do have another ride to tie me over til then... 2019 Trance E+ 1 that I've SX'd out with 160mm front travel and a DHX2 in the rear.

View attachment 81480
Nice! I'm coming from Trance E+2 2020 on to just received Reign E+2 2022 😁

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles
Nice! I'm coming from Trance E+2 2020 on to just received Reign E+2 2022 😁

Awesome! I've been obsessing over the new Reign E+ ever since it was unveiled. Giant pretty much improved upon virtually everything I had an issue with in the previous Reign E+ (and the Trance E+).

Shorter chainstay being a HUGE deal. I'm a shorter rider at 5'6/168cm, so the 470mm chainstays of the older model are just massive.

Buckle

Dec 18, 2021
UK
End of the year!? Jesus.

The E+ 3 in size S was in stock on Giant's website last month and I was ready to order one and have it shipped to my LBS in 7 days, but I held off cuz my LBS told me I wouldn't get the extended warranty if I didn't buy specifically through them. But now I've been waiting and waiting with no update. I'm kinda wishing I would have just bought it from the Giant website instead. I coulda been rippin' on my Reign E+ 3 by now!!!

But my local shop Wheelworld does have a pretty impressive warranty for ebikes: 2 yrs on the computer, 5 yrs on the battery, and 10 yrs on the motor. May be worth waiting for...
Nah, Life is too short.

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles
Nah, Life is too short.

Ha! I would agree. YOLO.

However, I already passed up buying from the Giant website last month, and now it looks like those bikes have gone out to shops across the US and are no longer available to purchase directly from the website. I now have to wait for my LBS to get the E+ 3 anyways. 🤷‍♂️

Donamici

Jan 1, 2022
Ireland
^^ 10 years on the motor?! I'd be reading the small print on that warranty. Seems exceptionally long when the standard warranty is 2 years.

Valk

Jan 26, 2022
Italy
No you are not wrong, it actually does it when shifting up or down mostly in the top 3 or 4 largest cogs. It keeps going for a few moments and then dies out...haven't done enough km to have more info...
Do you have the same issue with it?

I haven’t got my bike yet (still have it on order). Met a guy on the trail last weekend with reign e+0 and he told me about this problem. This video confirms it. For me motor noise is a major point so now thinking of probably changing ebike (cancelling the order)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
CST have made tyres for specialized in the past. But aren't the manufacturer of the current Butcher.

If you're happy with your chosen maxxis tread and compound but DD isn't a tough enough casing for you clearly a DH casing would be the next step to try instead of jumping ship and slagging off the captain while he safely sails off without you. 😜

MO1

Dec 16, 2021
USA
End of the year!? Jesus.

Yeah, I had my deposit refunded and bought a Husqvarna MC7, it is great!! Fox Factory 36, swapped the factory dps for factory dpx2 shock, dt swiss wheels, shimano ep8, mullet, it really ripz!

MO1

Dec 16, 2021
USA
Ive been running Maxxis DHF 2.5 29" Maxx grip Dh casing front and same but 27.5 rear, working well on my heavy Husky MC7😎

MO1

Dec 16, 2021
USA
I had been eyeing the EXC10... a DH bike with a motor? HELL YES

567-ebafc2_-_img_8743.jpg
Is that older model? New EX10 has factory 40. And yes I would buy one if I could find 1, they are insane!! I test rode a EX9 with the suntour rux shock but the turning radius was horrible because of wide head tube area. Intense taser with ohlins 180mm has great turn radius. Havent ridden EX10

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles
Is that older model? New EX10 has factory 40. And yes I would buy one if I could find 1, they are insane!!

Yeah, I dunno. The Husky website is pretty shoddy, and I since I've had a pretty good overall experience with Giant, having owned a number of their bikes, the Reign E+ was at the top of my list.

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
After watching Rob's video again I'm contemplating a new rear tire to order now and then either replace in the spring or keep as a backup.

My first choice is a dissector 2.4 in DD in max terra for rolling efficiency but it only comes in max grip. From what I'm hearing a max grip on the back will suck battery life. How much I'm not really sure as I don't have much experience with ebikes. From peoples experience what kind of battery use change are we looking at between the 2 compounds??

Next would be the DHR 2 but in DD I could get a 2.3 in maxterra but is slower rolling than a dissector but would be better for climbing. There's a DHR2 in 2.4 in max grip but again that goes back to battery drain with max grip.

The front I've already changed to an Assegai dd max grip as I'm not too worried about the rolling resistance up front as the back tire is much more important.

Ive been a Maxxis guy the last 10 years and dont know much about other brands. If I looked elsewhere and wanted something comparable to a DD in dissector in 2.4 in maxterra some suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

current Amish bike setup Ibis Ripmo with Assegai 2.4 exo+ maxterra and rear dissector 2.4 exo+ maxterra.

I don’t know why giant is shipping these bikes with high roller 2 as the rear tyre? Probably for less drag ?
My 2020 reign was the same and the rear struggled for traction when climbing when the trails were wet.
For now I’m on 2.6 assegai front and rear and it’s amazing.

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Setup done. A bit daunting with 8 knobs + spacers + pressure. Maybe borrowing a shockwize closer to spring. New oneup 180 dropper also.

149BA6E6-C898-4C22-9990-B6AFB8E990A1.jpeg

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
anyone in here put a coil shock on the bike? i have no complaints about the x2, but i do love a coil shock. the sensitivity and liveliness is unmatched, and you never have to faff with air pressures as they change with temps and time.

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles
Isn’t the HA 65? It’s a bit steep for a bike of this type. I would have liked something below 64.

Yeah, seemed kinda weird to me too. Oh well.

Setup done. A bit daunting with 8 knobs + spacers + pressure. Maybe borrowing a shockwize closer to spring. New oneup 180 dropper also.

View attachment 81484

So glad they redesigned the linkage mount and seat tube so that it's no longer an interrupted design and the seat post can really be slammed. Looks as though steepening the ST angle really helped to facilitate this.

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
anyone in here put a coil shock on the bike? i have no complaints about the x2, but i do love a coil shock. the sensitivity and liveliness is unmatched, and you never have to faff with air pressures as they change with temps and time.
Yah, I’m really happy with my Bombar CR on my other bike. Might also change if someone can confirm it works fine.

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles

I plan on doing so once I get mine. Got a Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil in a 65mm stroke that I'm gonna switch over from my non-E Reign.

1644041682801.png

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles

Yah, I’m really happy with my Bombar CR on my other bike. Might also change if someone can confirm it works fine.

Spudley mentioned running a coil. On the Reign E??

I honestly can't compare to x2 as swapped our before riding but love the feel.
Reign 2 is under specced with dhx air.
My decision was based on having commencal furious with stock x2 and changing for coil.
The bike was vastly improved.
Considering 80 percent of my riding will be park no brainer for me for my taste..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles