Reign E+ 2022

turborrojo

Feb 3, 2022
Galicia
Hi all

Do you think a M or a S size will be more suited for 1,70m tall rider? I’ve tried a M in a shop and seemed to be OK and comfortable for me, but due to the steep seat tube and long chainstays, I’m a bit unsure if it will be too long in the trails.

thanks

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Hi all

Do you think a M or a S size will be more suited for 1,70m tall rider? I’ve tried a M in a shop and seemed to be OK and comfortable for me, but due to the steep seat tube and long chainstays, I’m a bit unsure if it will be too long in the trails.

thanks

Size M (y)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Uploading

28E95644-123F-4C6E-AF3B-1C6E2666CBA6.jpeg

Donamici

Jan 1, 2022
Ireland
It was only long for those of us with our fingers hovering on the button! But as you said, Christmas and poor weather probably slowed down this video's delivery. As your channel grows though sometimes it's better not to let 'great' be the enemy of 'good', especially with a content hungry audience. 🙂

mummyb0t

Nov 28, 2021
New Zealand
I've not installed the app yet as I've been wary of all the problems people have had, so quick question...is power mode set to full as default?

I havn't had any problem with the app lately, I did early on (playing with LED brightness setting broke the bike for 48hrs), but now I use it regularly to check exact charge levels when i don't have my garmin connected. its seems fine, I mean kinda crap, but fine.

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
I havn't had any problem with the app lately, I did early on (playing with LED brightness setting broke the bike for 48hrs), but now I use it regularly to check exact charge levels when i don't have my garmin connected. its seems fine, I mean kinda crap, but fine.

Did you try to change the LED brightness? Or update the bike's firmware? I'm still petrified to do it after 2 times the bike was out for more than 24h :(.

Banksay

Nov 3, 2021
Arbroath, Scotland
Connected the app and nothing seemed to self destruct ;)

How do you check the firmware? Does it just automatically prompt you if newer software is available rather than an option to manually check for updates?

mummyb0t

Nov 28, 2021
New Zealand
Connected the app and nothing seemed to self destruct ;)

How do you check the firmware? Does it just automatically prompt you if newer software is available rather than an option to manually check for updates?

yeah it prompts you, from memory, it won't let you continue to use the app until you complete the update.

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Great review Rob!
Would have loved to hear some battery range comparison to likes of Bosch Gen4 with same battery capacity (for example Trek Rail).
its most likely a pain to do correctly. Same tires, same pressure, similar suspension setup and so on.

To do good you would need to put it on a trainer. A rig to spin the pedals and see how long it last in different modes.

Torque is proportional to current. So if you have a low rpm with max torque it will most likely drain you battery quicker but you may have a much more pleasant motor to use.

maurocif

Nov 3, 2020
Rome
Thank you Rob, excellent review as usual!
I'm using a 2022 Reign+ 2 since last December and you confirmed every my feelings and opinion about this dream bike! Unfortunately my poor English didn't allow me to understand you when talking about the possibility to replace the 625 Wh battery with the more capable 750 Wh model: is this possibile? I'm addicted with high level assistances, so this replacement could improve the range of my rides.
Thank you again!

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Thank you Rob, excellent review as usual!
I'm using a 2022 Reign+ 2 since last December and you confirmed every my feelings and opinion about this dream bike! Unfortunately my poor English didn't allow me to understand you when talking about the possibility to replace the 625 Wh battery with the more capable 750 Wh model: is this possibile? I'm addicted with high level assistances, so this replacement could improve the range of my rides.
Thank you again!

It's possible. You can change to 750Wh battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles