Reign E+ 2022

seofrancisco

Nov 24, 2021
Canada
@seofrancisco and anyone else who have installed RideWrap, do you think a RideWrap tailored kit intended for medium will fit a small frame? Reason is that RideWrap doesn't have a small for the Reign E+. I'm ready to cut off excessive if it's not too complicated, but I think realistically the dimensional differences between the two sizes actually quite small so should be okay. Let me know what you think.

Lastly, is it possible to install 29 in the rear without scraping anything? Probably not going to do it, but just curious.
I think could be done but the dimensions are really exact on the medium.

mrandrewau

Jan 10, 2022
Canada
I think could be done but the dimensions are really exact on the medium.

Thank you Seo. I will contact RideWrap to see if they will offer a small in the future.

Here are pictures of my E2 small (1st picture) and my brother's medium E2 (2nd picture ). You guys may be interested to know that there are some subtle differences not just to the size. Mine was manufactured 1 month later in August 2021 (vs July 2021). The changes are that mine has a small plastic spoiler surrounding the battery cover thumb screw, and his has 2 holes on the upper side of the down tube and rubber covers to fill them. I have the DPX2 shock and he has the Float X shock. Lastly, I get a smaller charger brick.

thumbnail_IMG_6042.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6036.jpg

Last edited:

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Thank you Seo. I will contact RideWrap to see if they will offer a small in the future.

Here are pictures of my E2 small (1st picture) and my brother's medium E2 (2nd picture ). You guys may be interested to know that there are some subtle differences not just to the size. Mine was manufactured 1 month later in August 2021 (vs July 2021). The changes are that mine has a small plastic spoiler surrounding the battery cover thumb screw, and his has 2 holes on the upper side of the down tube and rubber covers to fill them. I have the DPX2 shock and he has the Float X shock. Lastly, I get a smaller charger brick.

Are you sure the ''plastic spoiler'' is not just a bump stopper so the fork doesn't damage the frame ? I can't see it being a spoiler when it's not present on any other frame sizes.

vte.ktm

Oct 30, 2021
Spain

View attachment 79911 View attachment 79912
Good, the sizes S (small) come with those rubber supports above the battery for the size, they are so that it does not rub the shock absorber on the fork. Regarding the changes, mine is the same, from the first of October, the differences are: the grips are the old model and the shock absorber is also the old model, I imagine that at that time it is what they had and that is why they come mounted like this. I would have liked it to come with the new dpx2, but hey, it's also a good shock absorber. Enjoy

IMG_20211206_123617.jpg

mrandrewau

Jan 10, 2022
Canada
Good, the sizes S (small) come with those rubber supports above the battery for the size, they are so that it does not rub the shock absorber on the fork. Regarding the changes, mine is the same, from the first of October, the differences are: the grips are the old model and the shock absorber is also the old model, I imagine that at that time it is what they had and that is why they come mounted like this. I would have liked it to come with the new dpx2, but hey, it's also a good shock absorber. Enjoy

View attachment 79934

Yes you guys are right, it is to stop the fork from touching the down tube. I never thought about that. Also yes the grips are different between mine and my brother's as well.

May I ask where you got those decals? Very very sick color combo. I absolutely love it. Reminds me of the gold/black Les Paul guitar.

vte.ktm

Oct 30, 2021
Spain
Yes you guys are right, it is to stop the fork from touching the down tube. I never thought about that. Also yes the grips are different between mine and my brother's as well.

May I ask where you got those decals? Very very sick color combo. I absolutely love it. Reminds me of the gold/black Les Paul guitar.

1642262204966.png

1642262266564.png

I'll pass you the links.
and apparently in size S, you can't mount an extension because it doesn't fit.
a hug friend and many pedals

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
Its coming! Basically, xmas family stuff, the worst weather possible for filming and producing content (rain, mud, cold and generally miserable looking every day in Jan so far and dark by 3:30pm!) make it awful to actually make decent video content outside!
Sorry for the delay, we are raring to go on this one!!

I would be especially interested in your opinion especially since you also have the new Rail. I know they are not necessarily “direct” competitors on paper but for me the Giant and my 21 Rail (with 170mm fork) are not worlds apart geo wise and I feel like the 22 could close that gap especially in mullet config. I’m also keen to hear how you rate the new Yamaha vs the Bosch. So really looking forward to this review 😉

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
Well I went out for 40km with 664m of climbing, using mainly level 2 and 3 with 4 on 1 very steep hill. Total Ride Time 1h 51m. Biggest improvement over my older E8000 bike, is the smooth, more natural, power delivery in any mode. I don't feel the motor is any more powerful than my wifes PWX2 in her LIV, but its definitely smoother, quieter and more natural feeling. Bike is "plusher" and more stable on the fast downhills than my Focus Jam2. I'm 60 years young and 111kg and used about 65% of the 625wh battery(well pleased with that). I did find the mode switch a bit "fiddly" to use whilst on the rougher terrain and would prefer a more positive click with more "feedback", but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Still playing with suspension setup and particularly found the recommended air pressure for the ZEB for my weight, to be way too much and am only using, at best, 50% of the travel, so will lower that pressure for tomorrows ride. DPX2 with Maestro rear end, is so much nicer than the "Fold" system on the Focus.
Well I've put about 250km on this Reign so far, and I absolutely love it. Battery range is really impressive. I'm definitely getting more range out of this 625wh battery than I was getting out of my total of 750wh (both batteries) on my Focus, on the same trails, so really impressed with that. My only criticism is the "Automatic/Trail" mode (or whatever Giant call it), which is basically, terrible. Auto mode makes the bike feel real "Jerky" with quite inconsistent power delivery. Its a shame because in any of the other x5 power settings, the power is very smooth and natural feeling. Not a real issue to me as I would rather choose what assistance I want depending on my terrain e.t.c. Otherwise its just a blast of a bike and way more capable than me. Will be interesting to hear what Rob thinks of the auto mode but my pick is, he wont like it.

kadlefkas

Nov 9, 2021
greece
Well I've put about 250km on this Reign so far, and I absolutely love it. Battery range is really impressive. I'm definitely getting more range out of this 625wh battery than I was getting out of my total of 750wh (both batteries) on my Focus, on the same trails, so really impressed with that. My only criticism is the "Automatic/Trail" mode (or whatever Giant call it), which is basically, terrible. Auto mode makes the bike feel real "Jerky" with quite inconsistent power delivery. Its a shame because in any of the other x5 power settings, the power is very smooth and natural feeling. Not a real issue to me as I would rather choose what assistance I want depending on my terrain e.t.c. Otherwise its just a blast of a bike and way more capable than me. Will be interesting to hear what Rob thinks of the auto mode but my pick is, he wont like it.
auto mode is over powered and i feel very nervous when i use it ,espesially in technicals uphills is almost dengerous, giant must allow us to configure the auto mode.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
From everything I read, and personal experience (2,600km on the Trance E+) Giant has yet to nail it for the “auto mode” .
@Rob Rides EMTB did comment on it here: Giant Reign E+ 1 First Look (Video) - EMTB Forums
Not a show stopper for the Reign E+, I never used auto mode anyway, I like the predictability of each level when riding.

Goughy75

Sep 22, 2019
UK
70 miles on my Reign e+2. The auto mode sometimes surges if used on the flat or slight gradients. But I noticed it worked well for me on very steep hills with slippery roots. I was able to ride over them and not have to power surge through and spin up the wheel like it would if in Turbo mode.

jaggysnake

Jul 5, 2019
uk
anyone tried a kmc dlc12 chain , only done 120 commuting miles on mine on original eagle chain , put the kmc chain on and its jumping in 12th , cant believe cassette worn so soon , same chain length and everything

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
70 miles on my Reign e+2. The auto mode sometimes surges if used on the flat or slight gradients. But I noticed it worked well for me on very steep hills with slippery roots. I was able to ride over them and not have to power surge through and spin up the wheel like it would if in Turbo mode.
I sendond that to a 100%
Like the Auto Mode on the technical climb a lotn, but yes, it could be do a better job on flat and mellow fire road.

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles