IMG_20210914_120244.jpg

IMG_20210914_120952.jpg

IMG_20210914_120457.jpg

IMG_20210914_120406.jpg

IMG_20210914_120346.jpg

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
Huge fan of the Maestro suspension. Probably will work better now due to the compact motor.
Saw that too. Wondering if the platform would be well-suited to a coil.

It looks like the leverage rate is more progressive than many similar bikes, but that it's still not optimised for a coil without a progressive spring.

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
Saw that too. Wondering if the platform would be well-suited to a coil.

It looks like the leverage rate is more progressive than many similar bikes, but that it's still not optimised for a coil without a progressive spring.
correct - I coiled my Trace E+ with a DVO Jade X which I was told was custom-tuned to work with Maestro's linearity.

Works really well! even without a progressive spring - soft and supple when in 'Open' setting, yet supportive and poppy in "mid". Bottom-out is harsh but 100% avoidable if you ride with care and have the correct spring rate

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
correct - I coiled my Trace E+ with a DVO Jade X which I was told was custom-tuned to work with Maestro's linearity.

Works really well! even without a progressive spring - soft and supple when in 'Open' setting, yet supportive and poppy in "mid". Bottom-out is harsh but 100% avoidable if you ride with care and have the correct spring rate

Interesting to hear. There's also a question of whether the Maestro platform has similar leverage curves when implemented in different bikes. Depending on the platform, moving the shock mounting points a few millimetres can have a substantial effect on how progressive the leverage curve is.

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
Interesting to hear. There's also a question of whether the Maestro platform has similar leverage curves when implemented in different bikes. Depending on the platform, moving the shock mounting points a few millimetres can have a substantial effect on how progressive the leverage curve is.

I've ridden a few Giant bikes EMTB & regular and the Maestro ride characteristics seem pretty consistent for the most part; nice and light in the initial stroke with excellent traction - perfect technical riding or comfort at low speed. Not the ideal choice for big hits or super aggressive riding. Super underrated in my opinion - I bet if Yeti or another boutique brand came up with Maestro it would be an "earth-shattering advancement in kinematics"

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Di solito il gigante ha problemi con le boccole? Ho notato che la vernice è danneggiata in questa foto

IMG_20210914_120734~2.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The Reign SX has always sported a coil shock. I had one a while back and it came with a Super Deluxe coil with remote lock out. Buttery smooth rear end.

39601C47-472A-4D4D-AF7A-EE49699A43DC.jpeg

B2115475-9B6A-4BF9-BFD3-5663B7305635.jpeg

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Not sure what the difference would be or if there is a difference but a friends etrance came with a coil and it bottoms out and is quite linear. I think he has bumped up 100lbs on the spring and he's not a dorp to falt type rider. He could use a progressive coil but doesnt want to spend the $. Maybe theyve tweaked things now. The new one looks like a great bike

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
Idk. All the maestro graphs I've seen have a linear final leverage ratio. So with a coil you'd probably need to over spring to compensate, and we all know that makes initial travel harsh. Of course every model can have very different kinematics, but this article on the 2020 reign indicates they are intentionally designing more linear frames.

"The Maestro linkage on the new Reign has been further refined, reducing the leverage ratio to 16% progression (0-100% travel). This achieves a more constant rebound rate and thus offers more traction."

At only 16% a coil could work but I would think compression would be fairly restrictive.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Today in Finale Ligure I saw Steve Jones of EMBN test the E + 0 so soon there will be his video I guess

I wrote to him on FB and he didn't tell me if he will do a special review, but he told me to ask him everything I wanted, he's really kind, I'll give you questions and answers:

Steve.jpg

Also I tell you that I JUST TRY IT :p

E+1.jpg

Never tried yamaha I can only compare it with specialized Brose, I found it a little noisier but let's be clear the noise is not of various gears or clattering, only that squeak of electric motors, that clutch they make when they are under stress, so I would say promoted , the handlebar control similar to Levo is very comfortable, access to the walk is a bit cumbersome but it is only a matter of remembering the right key combination, then immediately begins to pull and rather strong. The bike can also be switched off even while racing with the handlebar control and is extremely pedalable even when switched off on a flat surface. Reached 25km / h the assistance detaches as in the brose, you hardly notice it. Already in Eco for how I use it it was set with too much assistance, I tried all the levels a bit, a lot of drive !!
I wasn't able to try the automatic, it needed more time and an adequate path, but Steve's feedback gives me hope on that too, if we then put that Yamaha is already credited with being thrifty in consumption I would say that I don't see the time to get mine.
The riding position is comfortable, maybe a little forward loaded on the handlebars but it was a quick test, only adjusted saddle height.
I'm 174 and seeing how much off-seat I had, I really think that the 170 size L telescopic can be put on the M I tried, it's great news.

A Giant Super bike is coming this time ?

PS guys sorry my english, Google helps me ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles