Reign E+ 2022

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
Anybody owning a 2022 Reign e+ thinking its actually a long term bike? I’m starting to think selling before the motor warranty runs out may actually be a wise thing to do?

My last bike lasted almost 15 years - needed maintaining of course but never cost more than a couple of hundred every few years to keep it running like new.
Nothing wrong with the bike really. Just a few niggles that I dont need to live with. I have a second well used bike that is probably not worth much so I can sell the Giant while its still relatively new and try something different.... Maybe

I have no issues with the quality of the bike or motor/battery system.

Mikects

Feb 27, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand
Maybe ebikes aren't for you then. I don't know any make of emtb that hasn't had a claim in warrenty. On good point on this one is the motor and battery. Not heard.of any failures yet. Likely do 3-4000 miles on it in a year so will see how it goes. It's usually the clutch that goes on ebikes but it's all part of the motor. If outside warrenty clutches are easy and cheap to fix. No ebike will last 15 years. Looking for it to last 2-3 years then see.wjat else comes along. Solid state batteries would be asking but that's way off
Thats what I’m saying - a 10 year old analogue bike is just an old bike, a 10 (3) year old ebike is a boat anchor….. Sell it while it still has some warranty (and value) left and let someone else have the big bills.

Bike is awesome - its amazingly fast and capable everywhere. Had a few issues (new motor, seat post, fork rebuild) though but all covered under warranty.

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Anybody owning a 2022 Reign e+ thinking its actually a long term bike? I’m starting to think selling before the motor warranty runs out may actually be a wise thing to do?

My last bike lasted almost 15 years - needed maintaining of course but never cost more than a couple of hundred every few years to keep it running like new.

I don't know how this model will hold up but don't listen to naysayers. My wife has 6 year old Cube Stereo Hybrid (Bosch). She uses it for EVERYTHING. From commuting to bike park laps and trail riding. 4000km per year on average. The motor would like to have bearings replaced. That's it. Everything else is just a regular bike. I change chains, disc pads, disc rotors, chainring, do the suspension maintenance, etc... Will hold up next 4 years no problem.

Kyzo

Nov 30, 2021
Elche
I am thinking of buying the Marzocchi and in principle it is only 60 or 65 without the possibility of going from 65 to 62.5. Would it really be necessary to increase the travel of the fork?

Kyzo

Nov 30, 2021
Elche
By the way, I'm waiting for a response from Fox, the Fox x2 cracked on the stem part and it lost all the hydraulic fluid. I have been waiting for an answer for more than a week

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
What do people think of the rims fitted on the Reign E+1, I found them weak.
They've been the only disappointing point on the bike so far with the silly tire combo.

The E+3 ones are terrible :( rear dented already and can not seen to get it true front one the cone nuts keep coming un-done :(

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Installed a new Chromag BZA 35 50mm stem & Chromag OSX 35 35mm rise bar.

Love the looks and I can definetely see a little difference doing manuals with the bar being a little higher versus the original setup.

I also managed to strip the bolt of the Ergo Control 3 controller, reinstalled it shimming it with some tape, but not ideal evene if it's tight anyway. I'll order a new one hoping it's plug & play...can't find install instructions anywhere. Easy on that bolt from now on!

I'm also getting tired of the poor performance of the ZEB Select, might order a Charger 2.1 RC2 damper to solve the issue. Charger 3 dampers will not be available before early 2023 here...

Stem1.jpg

Stem2.jpg

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
I am thinking of buying the Marzocchi and in principle it is only 60 or 65 without the possibility of going from 65 to 62.5. Would it really be necessary to increase the travel of the fork?
You will be able to add a spacer to make it 62.5

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
Installed a new Chromag BZA 35 50mm stem & Chromag OSX 35 35mm rise bar.

Love the looks and I can definetely see a little difference doing manuals with the bar being a little higher versus the original setup.

I also managed to strip the bolt of the Ergo Control 3 controller, reinstalled it shimming it with some tape, but not ideal evene if it's tight anyway. I'll order a new one hoping it's plug & play...can't find install instructions anywhere. Easy on that bolt from now on!

I'm also getting tired of the poor performance of the ZEB Select, might order a Charger 2.1 RC2 damper to solve the issue. Charger 3 dampers will not be available before early 2023 here...

Looks great.

Im a big fan of the Zeb Select + that I have on my other bike. I actually prefer it to the Fox 38 I have on the Giant. I do find that it is pretty sensitive to air pressure though. Admittedly it would be a way better fork with the 2.1 damper and low speed compression adjust.

I was trying to get a Charger 2.1 cartridge but they are out of stock everywhere. Maybe stock levels will improve as people hold off for the 3.

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
Just got a call from my LBS to say they will have a few of the new 800wh batteries arrive about "week 30". I had ordered a 750wh for my 2022 Reign e+2 but definitely said, "yep get me the 800 instead". I'm a big heavy guy and love long rides with 1000m plus ascending so may as well. I do find my current 625wh quite limiting on any of my local circuits when I want to do 50k's plus. its doable but I have to be quite careful with the battery management especially now that its getting Colder and Wetter(softer ground). 800wh should give me more freedom. My 625 will slot straight into my wifes Liv Intrigue which currently has a 500wh and this will give me a 500 as a backup for either shorter rides or epic rides with it in my backpack as an extender.

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
800w. Now that’s new news. One of the things that frustrated me was not being able to get a second battery because I wanted the 750.

If 800s are coming on line that will do, may decide to keep hold of the Giant for a bit longer

gaiadoSeco

Oct 18, 2021
Portugal
Just got a call from my LBS to say they will have a few of the new 800wh batteries arrive about "week 30". I had ordered a 750wh for my 2022 Reign e+2 but definitely said, "yep get me the 800 instead". I'm a big heavy guy and love long rides with 1000m plus ascending so may as well. I do find my current 625wh quite limiting on any of my local circuits when I want to do 50k's plus. its doable but I have to be quite careful with the battery management especially now that its getting Colder and Wetter(softer ground). 800wh should give me more freedom. My 625 will slot straight into my wifes Liv Intrigue which currently has a 500wh and this will give me a 500 as a backup for either shorter rides or epic rides with it in my backpack as an extender.
Hi mate, thanks for sharing this info. I also have an E+2 and according to this store, the 750wh battery is only compatible with the E+1 and E+0. Since you have the e+2 like me, did your LBS mention such limitations, or could it be simply that the store is giving out incorrect compatibility info? Thanks

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Hi mate, thanks for sharing this info. I also have an E+2 and according to this store, the 750wh battery is only compatible with the E+1 and E+0. Since you have the e+2 like me, did your LBS mention such limitations, or could it be simply that the store is giving out incorrect compatibility info? Thanks
That sounds strange, I have the E+2 as well, hope the bigger battery fits?
🤞

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK
That sounds strange, I have the E+2 as well, hope the bigger battery fits?
🤞

According to Giant Australia the 800 is backwards compatible with the 625/750 etc, so can’t see why it wouldn’t fit an E+2.

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
The 750s are compatible with all 2022 Reign E+ models, it's the size that is the limitation...size S as far I know isn't compatible the rest are.✌

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
According to Giant Australia the 800 is backwards compatible with the 625/750 etc, so can’t see why it wouldn’t fit an E+2.

Odd then that (as far as I'm aware) the 750 won't fit in my 2021 Stance.
Yet they're saying the 800 is compatible with the 500 mine came with.
Hmmm...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles