Reign E+ 2022 Run Application without starting updates

DOCTOR EBIKES

Jul 9, 2021
Terrassa ( SPAIN)
I have just published a video on my youtube channel where I talk about the problem of this latest update, I tell you that I have discovered the way to enter the application without necessarily having to update the ebike.
In this case, what you have to do is enter the application by putting the phone in airplane mode, once this is done, the application asks you to connect the bluetooth and you have to do it like this but always in airplane mode, by doing so you can enter your ebike without the Mandatory need to update your ebike

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
Excellent tip, thanks. I haven't trusted any firmware update on any bike or tech device for a while.
My LG TV got semi-bricked recently and guess what, it's happening all over.

P_G_

Jul 12, 2023
Hungary
And with this new software the motor will stop soon if you use a tuning box. Giant is self-judging. "Sweet" A6 error code...

liuyizhe96

Jul 26, 2023
US
Yes, I recently bought a Trance x ADV e+1(2023) and installed Speedbox 3.1 after updating the new software. However, Speedbox 3.1 does not work and shows that the bike is still limited to 25km/h at 99km/h. I have also bought a new Volspeed V4 and have not received it yet. I am not sure if the Volspeed module is working

P_G_

Jul 12, 2023
Hungary
Yes, I recently bought a Trance x ADV e+1(2023) and installed Speedbox 3.1 after updating the new software. However, Speedbox 3.1 does not work and shows that the bike is still limited to 25km/h at 99km/h. I have also bought a new Volspeed V4 and have not received it yet. I am not sure if the Volspeed module is working
Do not use any tuning.The motor will stop very soon. I used speedbox, it worked about 300 km than the software disabled the power assistance. Speed sensor error,A6 code. Currently Giant service tool can't delete. ,the only solution is replacing a new motor.But this will not be warranty.

liuyizhe96

Jul 26, 2023
US
Do not use any tuning.The motor will stop very soon. I used speedbox, it worked about 300 km than the software disabled the power assistance. Speed sensor error,A6 code. Currently Giant service tool can't delete. ,the only solution is replacing a new motor.But this will not be warranty.
Oh my god,would this happen to the Volspeed V4? What are the ways to eliminate this A6 error code? Can Giant detect tuning like the Bosch ebike system? I really don't want to be limited to 25km/h.

P_G_

Jul 12, 2023
Hungary
Oh my god,would this happen to the Volspeed V4? What are the ways to eliminate this A6 error code? Can Giant detect tuning like the Bosch ebike system? I really don't want to be limited to 25km/h.
It does'nt matter wich tuning. If the software detect too much speed, longer than it could be by pedaling with limiter, it will stop power assist forever. A6 error code eliminate only with replacing the whole motor. It contains the new software. Giant still waiting the for Yamaha to release a new version to giant servce tool, wich can delete A6 error code. And yes giant can detect if tuning is applicated. They can see from the data. 25km/h is a joke.Im way faster on a trekking, gravel or road bike.

liuyizhe96

Jul 26, 2023
US
It does'nt matter wich tuning. If the software detect too much speed, longer than it could be by pedaling with limiter, it will stop power assist forever. A6 error code eliminate only with replacing the whole motor. It contains the new software. Giant still waiting the for Yamaha to release a new version to giant servce tool, wich can delete A6 error code. And yes giant can detect if tuning is applicated. They can see from the data. 25km/h is a joke.Im way faster on a trekking, gravel or road bike.
Thank you. So what should I do if I want to break the limit now? Waiting for the new version of speedbox or volspeed? I don't know if Giant's update software will completely block tuning in the future, at least my speedbox 3.1 doesn't work on my trance x adv e+1(2023)
I may hope to rely on a new version of speedbox or volspeed.

P_G_

Jul 12, 2023
Hungary
Thank you. So what should I do if I want to break the limit now? Waiting for the new version of speedbox or volspeed? I don't know if Giant's update software will completely block tuning in the future, at least my speedbox 3.1 doesn't work on my trance x adv e+1(2023)
I may hope to rely on a new version of speedbox or volspeed.
I don't want to ride with limit ,but there is no solution yet.Speedbox know about the problem,but they can't tell nothing.I have a mechanical tuning, it has two magnets ,and a small dfferential.It halves the speedsensors sign.With this the max speed is 38 km/h.

liuyizhe96

Jul 26, 2023
US
I don't want to ride with limit ,but there is no solution yet.Speedbox know about the problem,but they can't tell nothing.I have a mechanical tuning, it has two magnets ,and a small dfferential.It halves the speedsensors sign.With this the max speed is 38 km/h.
Yes, I sent an email to Speedbox a few days ago, but I haven't replied to it yet. I contacted the technical department of Giant Taiwan yesterday and they promised to help me solve the speed limit issue next week. However, they may need to sign a disclaimer and wait for my good news next week. By the way, where can I buy a mechanical tuning? What is the name?

P_G_

Jul 12, 2023
Hungary
Yes, I sent an email to Speedbox a few days ago, but I haven't replied to it yet. I contacted the technical department of Giant Taiwan yesterday and they promised to help me solve the speed limit issue next week. However, they may need to sign a disclaimer and wait for my good news next week. By the way, where can I buy a mechanical tuning? What is the name?
If they solve this issue plese tell me than. PLANET3 - mechanical e-bike derestriction device It's a home made 3D printed product but works. Currently not installed .It's very thin but I used it about 3000km .Then I replaced to speedbox. On that bike which is a 2022 Reign still working,becuse I never refresh the software.But my brand new Trance E has stopped after 300 km with the new software.

liuyizhe96

Jul 26, 2023
US
If they solve this issue plese tell me than. PLANET3 - mechanical e-bike derestriction device It's a home made 3D printed product but works. Currently not installed .It's very thin but I used it about 3000km .Then I replaced to speedbox. On that bike which is a 2022 Reign still working,becuse I never refresh the software.But my brand new Trance E has stopped after 300 km with the new software.
Of course, I remember. I will go to the dealer next Monday to contact Giant's technical department in Taiwan to solve the issue, and I will let you know the result.

Yesterday, the dealer told me that this issue involves regulations, so Giant's technical department cann't directly tell the customer how to solve it, but they can only solve it through the dealer.

liuyizhe96

Jul 26, 2023
US
Hi,I will receive a new motor with a limit of 20mph(32km/h)from Giant. They said that this is the highest speed supported by syncdrive pro2 (yamaha pw-x3).
Speedbox also replied to me, saying that a new version of speedbox for syncdrive pro2 with ridecontrol ergo3 will be released within two months.
Looking forward to the new version of speedbox.

P_G_

Jul 12, 2023
Hungary
Hi,I will receive a new motor with a limit of 20mph(32km/h)from Giant. They said that this is the highest speed supported by syncdrive pro2 (yamaha pw-x3).
Speedbox also replied to me, saying that a new version of speedbox for syncdrive pro2 with ridecontrol ergo3 will be released within two months.
Hi, I would like to see the email you sent. And the email address as well. I will also send it to them in my own name. Maybe they will help me too.It would be nice to get a new engine.The old one already ran 400 km. 🤪

liuyizhe96

Jul 26, 2023
US
Hi, I would like to see the email you sent. And the email address as well. I will also send it to them in my own name. Maybe they will help me too.It would be nice to get a new engine.The old one already ran 400 km. 🤪
Hello, I'm in China now. I bought this bike in Chinese Mainland. We communicate through WeChat instead of email. Our services here are still different from European region

Unfortunately, last night when I was cleaning the bike, I found cracks on the rocker arm. I sent a picture. I contacted Giant this morning and received a new response in the evening. Giant will replace me with a new bike instead of a new frame.I’m very surprised.

Also I have received a new motor from Giant today (with a speed limit of 20mph), and I will replace this new motor after receiving my new bike.
IMG_0743.jpeg

P_G_

Jul 12, 2023
Hungary
Then I won't have a new motor. 🥺. At least not soon.
Your rocker arm cracked, and you get a new complete bike? Send me the motor from it. 😂 .Things goes much slower in my region.

Miestenmies

Jun 26, 2021
FI
Did you use that planetary magnet or speedbox with Trance when motor stipped? I’m curious to know how Giant can tell if bike has been de-restricted with planetary style? Assist stops when magnet says 25km/h when In real its 38km/h.

P_G_

Jul 12, 2023
Hungary
Did you use that planetary magnet or speedbox with Trance when motor stipped? I’m curious to know how Giant can tell if bike has been de-restricted with planetary style? Assist stops when magnet says 25km/h when In real its 38km/h.
I used a speedbox with my Trance E from the very first time. Planet3 was not installed in this bike.How Giant can tell if bike has been de-restricted with planetary style? No way. "Assist stops when magnet says 25km/h when In real its 38km/h." Exactly.
The rear wheel RPM is tricked mechanically with two magnets and a differential gear.

P_G_

Jul 12, 2023
Hungary
Maybe there was an OEM part number on the new engine? Could you show me?
BTW we have the "solution to restart the motor. It has to be sent to the Netherlands and restarted there. It will cost at least 200 euros.After that, the limit will still be 25. Ridiculous..

Miestenmies

Jun 26, 2021
FI
I used a speedbox with my Trance E from the very first time. Planet3 was not installed in this bike.How Giant can tell if bike has been de-restricted with planetary style? No way. "Assist stops when magnet says 25km/h when In real its 38km/h." Exactly.
The rear wheel RPM is tricked mechanically with two magnets and a differential gear.
I guess they have to compare cadence, motor rpm, drawn current together to make obligations. Example they know what motor rpm is needed to achieve 25kmh with highest gear, what cadence it needs and how much motor draws current. Then they check logs that motor rpm is higher, motor draws more current and Speed sensor only says 18km/h…

If there is something fishy they accuse you of de-restricting.

All tho My speculate doesnt take gears into account.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles