Problem with new Cube steering

RichardF

Apr 15, 2024
Australia
Hi
I have 2 new Cube - Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Pro 625 bikes (2023)
Both have steering issues with the front wheel turning about 45 degrees to the left and about 60 degrees to the right. The shop said it was "rare" but had no solution. I've asked they contact Cube for an answer. Has anyone had this problem and a solution?
Thanks,
RichardF.

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
I think those bikes have blocks built into the headset to stop the fork from turning too far and hitting the frame. It sounds like the parts have not been properly centered when they were assembled - probably not a big deal provided you have enough steering range though. You could ask the shop to properly position the headset at the first service (which is usually free).

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
The fact the shop have no knowledge of this is worrying! There is a ‘knock block’ headset installed to stop the forks hitting the frame when turning. Mine went off centre. You can just turn the bars with some force and push the knock block around.

Try searching for your answer first. There’s already a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

RichardF

Apr 15, 2024
Australia
The fact the shop have no knowledge of this is worrying! There is a ‘knock block’ headset installed to stop the forks hitting the frame when turning. Mine went off centre. You can just turn the bars with some force and push the knock block around.

Try searching for your answer first. There’s already a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

It worked! Thanks Tommy.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Some of the headsets have the fork bearing race and knock block in one. I’ve encounter several which are grossly off centre from the supplier. Taking off the bearing race knockbloc combo is a pain, but I can be done by a decent shop.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Fire that Bike Shop.
The Knock Block steering limiter is inside the lower bearing housing.
You can center it, and you can also remove it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles