Pedaling problem ????

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
Hi, I have just bought CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625 - 2021and I'm inexperienced because I know little about e-bikes.
I'd like to ask giving an example:
when I go to the flat and I am pedaling, then I stop pedaling, when I resume pedaling, I have a vacuum of a half pedal stroke before the pedal can start pedaling (with gear). I don't like it.
Is all this normal?
Thank you

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Your bike has a 4th gen Bosch CX and I'm sure a Bosch owner will be along before too long to tell you one way or the other and/or what to do.

I don't have a Bosch, so all I can do is to advise that delays before delivering power, or maintaining power after stopping pedalling are all design features to help your ride. Sometimes new bikes are delivered with software that is now out of date. and all you have to do is to update it. I can do this on my phone and I'm sure that Bosch have a similar facility. That may fix the problem. If it doesn't, then what you have is a "feature" that is designed to assist in certain circumstances. The fact you don't like it is unfortunate.

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
You all are so kind. Thanks for your news.
Maybe I need to update the software to slightly decrease this way of pedaling.
Do you know if the software has to be updated only by a Bosh center? Can I download the file from the Internet and update it myself?

Jeffrey

Jul 29, 2020
Switzerland
It sounds you may have a problem with the internal freewheel of the motor. Bring it back to your LBS to have a look.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Someone else has this, see the thread:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
This guy has the same bike as you, contact him maybe?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I am not sure whether you are saying there is a delay before motor assistance is provided or there is a delay before the pedals actually operate the back wheel. The first would be related to the motor and dependant on the degree of delay may be normal or a motor fault. The latter would be a freehub problem.

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
I am not sure whether you are saying there is a delay before motor assistance is provided or there is a delay before the pedals actually operate the back wheel. The first would be related to the motor and dependant on the degree of delay may be normal or a motor fault. The latter would be a freehub problem.

My english isn't my mother language, I'm sorry if I'm not able to explain well. But I think it is the second option: a delay before the pedals actually operate the back wheel. In other words, the pedal idles for half a pedal stroke. My e-bike is new and I can return it. Is it easy to remove the freehub problem or is it better to give my e-bike back?
Thank you

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Probably best taken back to the shop. If you want to take a look yourself you will need a cassette tool, chain whip, allen keys and a torque wrench. If you have the tools there are plenty of You Tube videos telling you how to inspect/service a freehub.

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
Probably best taken back to the shop. If you want to take a look yourself you will need a cassette tool, chain whip, allen keys and a torque wrench. If you have the tools there are plenty of You Tube videos telling you how to inspect/service a freehub.
But if I take my e-bike to the mechanic Cube, will he not be able to solve the problem easily?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
This is a brand new bike, you haven't even had your free six-week check yet. write down all your concerns and take your list with you when you take the bike in for its first check up.

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
I made the return and received the money from the shopkeeper.
The bad thing is that I have to start over, I'm back to where I started. :cry:

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
They just returned your money, and didn't repair the bike?
Did you find another bike that was better for you?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles