Pro Cycling to Get Its First Official E-Bike Race

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Honestly I’m not bothered about pros racing ebikes. The only thing I’d like to see come out of it is quicker future development.

Reactions: Dax

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
There’s been a e bike class in most of the enduros I’ve been to , they race the main enduro sections plus usually one or two uphill sections . To me it seems a little crazy in a way with so many bikes making different power , and no way to tell if it’s derestricted etc for uphill sections .
There is also the chance to use a second battery , so the whole event could be ridden in top power mode which kind of removes the point of enduro with its tough climbing within a time limit . Surprisingly despite small numbers of entries it’s usually won by a young fit rider who would also do very well on a normal bike .

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Yeah, as with all things racing, I just don't see how cheating won't be an issue. Just like the multiple cases of doping within masters racing, people get really caught up in their fixation on winning. And, unlike the pros, who are racing for a living, they're racing for.... a pair of socks maybe?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles