Did my first Enduro Race

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ah that's good to know, I'm not ready yet but hopefully get in some good winter riding at queen Elizabeth country park and aim to get the red route nailed. When you say basic skills?
I'd suggest a fair level of Blue and Red trail riding. You are running against the clock, not racing alongside others (they are timed 'laps' that you do). So as long as you can make it down the trail in one piece it's all good. Obviously if you want to push it fast you can do, totally up to you.

Allysnell

Sep 16, 2018
Winchester
I'd suggest a fair level of Blue and Red trail riding. You are running against the clock, not racing alongside others (they are timed 'laps' that you do). So as long as you can make it down the trail in one piece it's all good. Obviously if you want to push it fast you can do, totally up to you.
Cheers rob? That's the key thing making it down in one piece

Beanieuk

Mar 31, 2018
Hertfordshire
See you there!
Nice to bump into you yesterday Rob , that's was a great day out on the Ebike. Great fun and very well organised event. For anyone thinking of doing these in the future I would say go for it, nothing to hard and everything could be rolled if you didn't fancy jumping it. Top day out ?

IMG_20181007_222601_226.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I came 7th of 7 in my class, 18-39 EBike. The guy that won my class races European Supercross and was bloody quick.

Super happy though as I was only 4 seconds off 6th place so have progressed a bit and was my first time at this venue (which was the 3rd time it was used for this series).

Came 147th out of 244 total Enduro riders all classes.

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That can't be my jersey, it's the right way up!

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
I did my first Eduro at mammoth Kamikazi games, there foratwas the same course as acoustic bIke enduro. Was great course and challenging. They only had two classes. Exp sport Eduro and pro Eduro.
Was quite surprised i finished 1st in exp class and my times put me in top 5 pro class.
Considering i flatted one stage and broke a chain in a stage (fortunate on downhill stage) to finish so well.
I had no real idea how my bike skills stacked up against racers. I just new some my strava times where good.
But to have two stages that i had the fastest ebike times of the event was a great feeling for a first race results.
Really looking forward to next event.
But I’m little nervous that ca enduro has told me i will not be allowed to race in exp class next event.
I feel i shoul be able to race one season as an amature before being placed in pro class

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Really looking forward to next event.
It's really addictive isnt it?!

I like the fact that the stages are quite short, the one I do has nothing more than red level trails so no huge technical abilities needed.

Anyone wanna join EMTB Forums Race Team next year?! voluntary role maybe you get a freee jersey!!

Brainless

Sep 14, 2018
Bradford
looked the dogs bollox that fella, any of ye lads try the Baltby Bash this year ?, think it was first time they allowed ebikes, think it will be a big one next year now the ebikes have broken into the mould.

Beanieuk

Mar 31, 2018
Hertfordshire
looked the dogs bollox that fella, any of ye lads try the Baltby Bash this year ?, think it was first time they allowed ebikes, think it will be a big one next year now the ebikes have broken into the mould.

My mate raced it this year and reckons it was his best race of the year by far. He did Ardrock and Ardmoors but said baltby bash was much better ?

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
O
It's really addictive isnt it?!

I like the fact that the stages are quite short, the one I do has nothing more than red level trails so no huge technical abilities needed.

Anyone wanna join EMTB Forums Race Team next year?! voluntary role maybe you get a freee jersey!!
h the Kamikazi had 16 mile stage, 6 black diamond and 2 double black.
It was gnarly. The rock gardens claimed many people and equipment.
But i ride daily on some chunky stuff so it didn’t seem technical but fun.
Little tense in a few places.
But yes, very addictive.
Very educational as well, learned where i am strong where i am lacking.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles