Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Has anyone used a 30.9mm diameter dropper with a sleeve? Is there anything stated anywhere that it wouldn't be ok to do? I have a spare dropper in this size and it saves me buying another if I don't have to @leo_kokkonen

The issue with using a dropper shim is that all of the force placed upon the dropper is concentrated in to about 4" (the length of the sleeve).

Of course, no other manufacturer minds...

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
The issue with using a dropper shim is that all of the force placed upon the dropper is concentrated in to about 4" (the length of the sleeve).

Of course, no other manufacturer minds...
Pole’s seat clamp is different. Its built into the frame and requires a specific tightening method, (tightening the rear bolt before the front bolt and vise versa when loosening). This is not like the typical split clamp on a normal frame and this is the reason a shim is not recommended. I believe using a shim will reduce the clamp’s effectiveness. Also because the top of the frame is at an angle where the seatpost goes in, a shim would not sit flush in the frame. Here is a link from Pole.

Last edited:

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
I had a 31.6 dropper and emailed them about doing this on my original Voima and they said they did not recommend doing it. So I just bought the correct size so there were no issues.
Every time I’ve used a shim with a dropper it ends up creaking something fierce. I think it might have something to do with the wiggle room at the bottom of the post (?).

Last edited:

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
I’m just starting my build. I have the ID frameset. I don’t have the Pole rotor adaptors. I intend to use 220mm Magura rotors front and rear. Does anyone know if standard Magura post mount adaptors will work?

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
Standard PM+20 should work unless it has weird shape/clearance issues.
I had sram and hope adapters work just fine on 200mm frame mount with 220 rotor, not magura though.

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Lisbon, Portugal
Adding my beast to the thread :) Finished building it up and riding it in the always beautiful Valle d'Aoste <3
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-19 at 13.01.51.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-19 at 13.01.511.jpg

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I’m just starting my build. I have the ID frameset. I don’t have the Pole rotor adaptors. I intend to use 220mm Magura rotors front and rear. Does anyone know if standard Magura post mount adaptors will work?
It didn’t come with an adapter? It should have come with the 200mm adapter.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I love this pic of the t2, take a strait edge and draw a line between the tops of the wheels. Stand over a 29er wheel tire combo, do you have 3 inches of clearance? you fit the smallest bike the they make.

IMG_2429.png

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Lisbon, Portugal
I love this pic of the t2, take a strait edge and draw a line between the tops of the wheels. Stand over a 29er wheel tire combo, do you have 3 inches of clearance? you fit the smallest bike the they make.

View attachment 115227
Not sure I understand your ask here. The size is K2 and I am 181cm.

The bike fits quite good actually. I have both front and rear 220 discs from Magura with the MT7 and at home waiting the 220 spacer from Pole. Now I use the 20mm spacer from SRAM. Will Post pics once the new 220 brake mount has been fitted. Looks quite cool as well.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Well buddy of mine built mine up today. Weighs in at 56.5 lbs. Sorry no pics cause pouring the rain here. Only question I have is with the charging. The charger isn’t charging the bike and can’t seem to figure out why. Any recommendations? I plug up and nothing happens. No lights or anything.

Build is K3 Race
Spank Vibrocore Bar 40mm Rise
Rev Grips
I9 Stem (50mm)
SRAM XX Tramsmission
We Are One Strifes with Hydra Hubs
Ordered the 220m adapter for rear so 220/220 now
Specialized Cannibal Tires
One Up Dropper (210mm shimmed down to 190mm)
Overall pretty pleased with how it came out. Can’t wait to ride and figure out the charging problem.
Maybe try charging the battery out of the bike, plug the charger directly into the battery.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I took the battery out and it is charging. Something must be wrong with the charging port on the bike. Thanks.
Sounds like your buddy who built the bike might have messed up the battery connection when he was routing the cables. The cables pass right by that connection and if you cram them through without watching what you’re doing it can damage the wires to the connection.

Jay29er

Subscriber
Jun 30, 2022
TN
Only one cable goes through there and he didn’t cram it through. I put the battery in myself afterwards.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Only one cable goes through there and he didn’t cram it through. I put the battery in myself afterwards.
Your dropper post cable and rear brake cable both pass through the same area, near the battery connection. Since your derailleur is wireless it obvious doesn’t. Just saying that’s probably where your problem is. Good luck.

Last edited:

Jay29er

Subscriber
Jun 30, 2022
TN
They already had the brake cable ran through. We only done the dropper cable. It is possible but we was extremely careful when pulling it through.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Nice, I think I'm going to build a wheelset using Berd Spokes new hubs and WeAreOne's new Convergence rims.
WR1 convergence are by all accounts great wheels but I would check in with them re. ebike use before ordering. Especially if you’re a big human. The vertical compliance they’ve designed into the rim profile may not be ideal for e-bikes or big humans.

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
WR1 convergence are by all accounts great wheels but I would check in with them re. ebike use before ordering. Especially if you’re a big human. The vertical compliance they’ve designed into the rim profile may not be ideal for e-bikes or big humans.
I’ve called them about this and they are good to go on both counts 🤙 running the triad on my Voima and they are incredible

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
First ride yesterday on my custom K3. I think I’m in love.

478C901E-CEB7-4CE1-99CB-CE689DBF348D.jpeg

Was super nervous about the looooong front center (which thankfully measures ~880mm vs. 888 in the geo chart) but she absolutely goes. Planned to do a cruise lap through my local skipping all the bigger stuff just to get a feel for the bike (my first full power eeb), but it felt so dang natural once up to speed I just hit everything first go.

Even with suspension settings way off it was an absolute blast. Excited to get the squish dialed (EXT Arma on the way).

One issue I have is seat post insertion - anyone tall on the K3 have any insight into how to get the seat at the correct height without exceeding the minimum insertion depth? 6’4” / 193cm running a OneUp 240 and it’s still about 50mm shy of where I’d like it.

-ZEB ultimate 190 (Latest shaft/damper)
-SDU Air (EXT Arma incoming)
-XX Transmission
-NOBL TR41
-Dt 350 hybrid
-Cushcore
-Kryptotal F DH super soft
-Kryptotal R DH soft
-TRP DHR-EVO
-OneUp 240
-Deity Copperhead 35/50mm
-Deity Speedway 30mm rise
-Sensus Meatypaws

Weight with pedals and cushcore is 58lbs / 26.3kg (55.7lbs / 25.3kg without either)

Last edited:

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
I’ve called them about this and they are good to go on both counts 🤙 running the triad on my Voima and they are incredible
Mine developed a sound like a broken music box when climbing after just a dozen or so rides.

Theory is that the shallow rim depth for vertical compliance led to big rim distortion and spoke de-tensioning, which is causing them to rub against each other under torque. WR1 is stumped. Handing off to local wheel guru this week.

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Just finished building my new K1 Race ID frameset. Just waiting for the battery to arrive and it’ll be ready to rip! It should be right around 50lbs with the battery, maybe just under.
🤘🏻
😎

View attachment 115389 View attachment 115390 View attachment 115391 View attachment 115392 View attachment 115393 View attachment 115394 View attachment 115395
Looks outstanding with the 40's. What do you estimate the maximum turning angle is, where say 0deg is straight ahead and 90deg is wheel perpendicular to frame?

Also with the decals, I've got the standard black decals on my v1 still but some of the sharp edges (particularly the points on the back of the P's) is starting to lift. I do like the look without the decals altogether and I'm considering removing them, but would you mind taking a photo of the machined surface beneath the sticker? I assume it's not the same as the rest of the frame? Just want to know what I'm in for before I peel!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles