Please help me to choose the right tires. I'm stuck with this....

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Hi ! I have a 29 wheels full suspension ebike with 30mm rims Syncros and i want tu buy a new tires.
I ride just in plain relief, most on asphalt roads and ocasionally outside of the city in the country side. I want some good tires with inner tubes even my rims are tubeless ready. Originally the bike has Maxxis rekon 2,6 but i need a more skiny tire on the rear wheel because i must instal a mudguard and a rear rack and the rack has a bar who must catch from the frame at the back of the seatpost and that bar must be instal on top of the wheel but she must be at a little distance from the tire so as not to destroy it.
Also i want that the tires to be good on weat conditions, to have good grip at corners and to nor have rolling resistance. Having inner tubes it will be nice to have a good puncture protection.I see that some guys prefer a fluffy tire on the front and a skinny one on the rear....in this case, if you will sugest a 2.6 tire on front i think i must choose a 2.4 on the rear because of rack and mudguard instalation ?
A guy recommends me Michelin E wild but it's hard to find in my country (i found just the front model), another one Schwalbe Nobby Nic, Magic Marry or maybe Racing Ray and Racing Ralph, another Maxxis Minion or Rekon. I don't knkw what to say...
And please consider an aspect : i preffer a wall nut side tires because it will fit with the colours of my ebik. It's an important aspect but i can renounce at this in the name of the quality. Thank you and i hope that you will hell me to find a good tires !

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Wow! That’s a bit of criteria right there but seems like you’re on the right track. ??
I’m just trying to search for Vittoria eMazza tires. No one has them.

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Maybe, but i want to know from guys who tests the tires and knows what is best for my needs. It seems it's a tires crisis ro, not just a ebike crisis on the market. Pandemia mess up the bike market to.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I think, based on your criteria, you should be looking at a really wide gravel bike tyre, rather than a MTB tyre. Maybe a WTB Nano?

Gordon

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Guys, what is the best for my ebike on asphalt roads and for taking corners safe, fast rolling but good grip to :

1. Schwalbe Johhny Watts 29 x 2.6" on front and 29 x 2.4" on the rear

or

2. Maxxis Rekon Terra 29 x 2.6" on front and Maxxis Ikon 29 x 2.4" on the rear ?

I must do the purchase and i want your advice from your experience. Thank you !

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
I have 30mm rims and my Smart Samm 2.25 from now feels weird at the corners. I need tires with some grips because ocasionally i go offroad on the country side and atbthe corners at high speeds those Smart sam feels weird.

Singletrack Scene

Nov 14, 2020
Nottingham
2.4 would be fine for you. Have you considered some Maxxis Highrollers? they're relatively well rolling and offer good grip on different surfaces throughout the year. if you're riding on the road, just increase the tire pressure

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
I don't know them. They are good at corners and for offroad sometimes ? Do you know my 30mm rims what minimum and maximum tire sizes will accept ? I look at some tables with tires sizes but i don't understand to much. Because i purchased thise smart sams after i a wrong consiliation of an bike shop agent. Thank you !

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Thank you for the chart ! It's very useful comparing with other charts. Thank you very much !:)
You said that Maxxis Highrollers could be my cup of tea ?:) i see 2 models 2.3(one Dual and the other one Max Terra) and 2 models 2.5 (one of them 60 TPI - 3C/EXO/TR and the other at 120 TPI - 3C/TR/DD). What combination you sugest for front and rear, please ? I'm not familiar with them that i'm asking.

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
I found the new special ebikes tires Schwalbe Johnny Watts, 2,6 on front and 2,35 on the rear. I read just good opinions about them and the price was friendly. Good deal ?

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I think you have many options. If it is not too wide i suggest the 2.4 Rekon in 3c i would say the 2.4 Nobby Nic is also a good choice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles