Help me choose a bike for the wife

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
The 5 minutes to the shop is really a good thing.
I have a Cube, but with so much possibilities and versions in both Cube and Trek, what was the difference that made you choose the Trek ?
Apart from the battery coming out at the bottom vs sideways ?

samjlevy

Jan 27, 2023
Manchester UK
The 5 minutes to the shop is really a good thing.
I have a Cube, but with so much possibilities and versions in both Cube and Trek, what was the difference that made you choose the Trek ?
Apart from the battery coming out at the bottom vs sideways ?

The reason for the Trek was the fact there is a service centre so close, the spec on the Rail 9 for the price is amazing, and it seems more beginner friendly than the Cube. She has actually ridden both, she said she felt more comfortable on the Trek.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just going to chip in about wheel size …

My partner has been riding from total beginner for just over two years now. She’s been on 29” wheels from the start.

However, we just purchased a Canyon Strive (not electric) with 27.5” wheels and she absolutely loves them. Finds them far more agile, especially on tight switchbacks or those twisty turny trails in between narrow trees

In summary, I wouldn’t let 27.5” wheels put you off buying a bike 👊🏽

Last edited:

samjlevy

Jan 27, 2023
Manchester UK
I've ordered the Trek Rail 9 for her now, £4699 with 0% finance, really couldn't complain for that price.

The shop said it was one of 3 left at Trek, it's a Gen 2, but will be great for her (And a backup bike for me :) )

Thanks for all the advice again!

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I've ordered the Trek Rail 9 for her now, £4699 with 0% finance, really couldn't complain for that price.

The shop said it was one of 3 left at Trek, it's a Gen 2, but will be great for her (And a backup bike for me :) )

Thanks for all the advice again!
Gen 2 is what we have.

Gen 3 is the entrance to the Aladdin's cave of Bosch software development trying to build their closed proprietary system. A bullet we were lucky to dodge (imo).

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
The reason for the Trek was the fact there is a service centre so close, the spec on the Rail 9 for the price is amazing, and it seems more beginner friendly than the Cube. She has actually ridden both, she said she felt more comfortable on the Trek.
Hmm, not sure I understand the technical differences behind "beginner friendly" and "more comfortable"
But good you found something you and her likes.

samjlevy

Jan 27, 2023
Manchester UK
Hmm, not sure I understand the technical differences behind "beginner friendly" and "more comfortable"
But good you found something you and her likes.
More comfortable, as in she felt less nervous when riding, not comfortable as in her bum wasn’t aching 🤣

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles