Pics of your home bike park creations

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Depending where you are, you might not be able to go out on your normal trails.. Post your pics of your home substitutes !

I know @dobbyhasfriends already made some garden kickers ..

But it could be time for more of us to get creative ..

Maybe that loft conversion you've always been thinking about ??

loft.jpg

Or is it time to rip up the lawn ? Don't worry about the Mrs, just say you're trying to get rid of that Pesky mole once and for all and doing some weeding at the same time ..

garden.jpg

Could that underused garden shed be re-purposed into something more interesting ??

shed.jpg

Stay safe people !

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
some ideas there...
I am busy dismantling pallets and stockpiling dirt.. there is a wooden feature coming, there is a step up / drop off coming..
I think I might get it done if we are made to isolate but ive been working so hard for so long that I went for a ride today, did 9 miles and was utterly spent.. I gotta get me a desk job or summat :D

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It might be a while, I'm on Keto which means no pizza so don't hold your breath...

...on second thoughts...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Looks like Doom's is not going to step up on this one until you're all house bound and he's run out of grass to eat.

Turn your bike box into a bike park ... or at least one step of it : Make Cardboard hard like wood !

Woodworking Tutorials, How To, Product Reviews

Meanwhile at Zimmer park .. work began yesterday on the uplift track ... had a quick test ride last night in turbo both ways, going as fast as possible, and it was actually quite fun .. I have about 500 meters so far.

Bonus, long dead wood for the woodburner !

uplift.jpg

I think at the moment I'm more likely to die from the number of bramble thorns I've had in my body than covid-19.

uplift2.jpg

That opens out into this section which goes down and round so I can start making some downhill sections. That's all re-planted, so will have to pick my routes carefully.

uplift3.jpg

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
...That opens out into this section which goes down and round so I can start making some downhill sections. That's all re-planted, so will have to pick my routes carefully.

Just build a huge jump and jump the re-planted section. Easy.

Seriously, that looks amazing! You are very fortunate to have the space, especially now.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just build a huge jump and jump the re-planted section. Easy.

Seriously, that looks amazing! You are very fortunate to have the space, especially now.

I was thinking the same thing .... Could I run down the left hand side, over the track and then fly up the kicker by the dog into a nice back flip ?

kicker.jpg

But then I'm supposed to be avoiding the hospital :)

Almost finished my first "downhill" run. Due to constraints it's probably more "cross country" but It feel like it should be a nice little section. Yes VERY lucky to have all that there, hopefully it inspires others to do something stupid :)

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Remember, your bike park doesn't have to be outside !

As @Turbo Dave demonstrated, even the lounge can be a perfect place to practice your tricks .

turbodave.jpg

Sometimes a bit of creativity will go a long way ..

Zimm's tip of the day ... Make a ramp from your LED TV ! Things need never get boring, each day you can change where you jump by changing the image on the screen. One day, Pallet ramp image, the next grassy bank, natural rock, Ice, Muddy jump, favourite politicians face .. the options are endless ! More images available for download from Virtualramp.com

Got a La-Z-Boy lying around you hardly use, glue some ply to it and you have a remote controlled in house ramp with endless adjust-ability without having to even get off your bike !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I only have a quad and off road trailer though
You lucky b4stard, you don't cheat and turn the engine on rather than push it with the Mrs ? :LOL:

I'm sticking to "Apocalypse only" rated tools. Wheelbarrow, Shovel, cordless (battery) chainsaw, rake, machete, pickaxe, prybar & cordless brushcutter when absolutely necessary.

Yesterday I tried to be full apocalypse and only use the rake and machete after I discovered you could use the machete like an axe and get through 2 or 3 inch branches without too much effort. I also discovered yesterday that the machete, when on your hands and knees, did the same job as the brushcutter. Rigger boots are a must if using a machete as it wasn't intended !

I did have to resort to the chainsaw when I found three large pine trees which had stupidly thrown themselves together into a heap right where my trail wanted to go .. Maybe I should man up and take an axe, though I can't help but think this will only increase the chance of injury ! Uhmmm.. the bow saw ...

After a morning of "chores" ... it's time to continue with "Lockdown" ... Trail 1.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm not sure if I should re-name it "Apocalypse Bike Park" rather than "Zimmer Park" ..

The horsey one invaded today as they're locked down too ..

bike park horse.jpg

Machete couldn't handle this bit .. not in my feeble hands anyway..

cut through.jpg

Ended up at the bottom so had to extend the "uplift" track .. Fortunately the dog was there to help with trail compaction ..

trail compaction.jpg

I did make a quick (5 minutes) .. video walking back up my first "track" ... "LOCKDOWN!"

It's crap though as I walked along pointing my phone at the ground like the muppet I am..

Therefore, only watch if you are locked down yourself and are just about to go insane if you literally cannot find anything else to watch !

From IMDB "I think the head cam video of @Gary 's toilet wall as he took a dump was way more captivating"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/riPuve74qtteuSfG8

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Made this bridge a while back that linked up 2 tracks out the back of my house, unfortunately dirt bikes have found it recently. Although I only engineered it for a ebike it hasn't broken yet.
Made a couple of signs up yesterday a put one each end of the bridge, last thing I want is a broken bridge and a drowned bike/rider

bridge.jpg

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I'm not sure if I should re-name it "Apocalypse Bike Park" rather than "Zimmer Park" ..

The horsey one invaded today as they're locked down too ..

View attachment 27765

Machete couldn't handle this bit .. not in my feeble hands anyway..

View attachment 27766

Ended up at the bottom so had to extend the "uplift" track .. Fortunately the dog was there to help with trail compaction ..

View attachment 27767

I did make a quick (5 minutes) .. video walking back up my first "track" ... "LOCKDOWN!"

It's crap though as I walked along pointing my phone at the ground like the muppet I am..

Therefore, only watch if you are locked down yourself and are just about to go insane if you literally cannot find anything else to watch !

From IMDB "I think the head cam video of @Gary 's toilet wall as he took a dump was way more captivating"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/riPuve74qtteuSfG8

I knew it was a bad idea........ you landed ON the dog!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Looks like bike park creations and riding are on hold for a couple of days. Handing over 100% responsibility to @dobbyhasfriends :)

We knew this would be an issue with lockdown with competition horses which can't be taken out and worked properly. They turn into excited dragons. Despite extra care (which always seems to lead to more accidents).. I was dumb and didn't matrix move out of the way fast enough yesterday to a 180 degree spinning equine roundhouse and got suitably flattened. From past experience of how it feels, a couple of fractured or badly bruised ribs.

Obviously not doing the hospital thing because they're busy, it's a place of infection (we have it in the area now) and there's nothing they can do. I'm not spitting blood bla bla. On the bright side it's sunny and there is beer in stock ! :)

Tried trail building some more last night but managed 30 meters before deciding that, as a bloke I didn't have the pain threshold of a woman, so retired hurt and frustrated.

Lifting a watering can this morning almost led to tears :) so we have a few rest days .. doh.

Definitely don't want c-19 now, imagine uncontrollable coughing with fractured ribs, that's just not funny !

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Looks like bike park creations and riding are on hold for a couple of days. Handing over 100% responsibility to @dobbyhasfriends :)

We knew this would be an issue with lockdown with competition horses which can't be taken out and worked properly. They turn into excited dragons. Despite extra care (which always seems to lead to more accidents).. I was dumb and didn't matrix move out of the way fast enough yesterday to a 180 degree spinning equine roundhouse and got suitably flattened. From past experience of how it feels, a couple of fractured or badly bruised ribs.

Obviously not doing the hospital thing because they're busy, it's a place of infection (we have it in the area now) and there's nothing they can do. I'm not spitting blood bla bla. On the bright side it's sunny and there is beer in stock ! :)

Tried trail building some more last night but managed 30 meters before deciding that, as a bloke I didn't have the pain threshold of a woman, so retired hurt and frustrated.

Lifting a watering can this morning almost led to tears :) so we have a few rest days .. doh.

Definitely don't want c-19 now, imagine uncontrollable coughing with fractured ribs, that's just not funny !
Oh...not good. We have stables as well but just lost one horse a couple of weeks ago so only one horse now ....Clydesdale cross thoroughbred. We have had thoroughbreds in the past so I know how mad they can be. Strap yourself up mate. A quality stage 1 compression vest works well if you have one.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Oh...not good. We have stables as well but just lost one horse a couple of weeks ago so only one horse now ....Clydesdale cross thoroughbred. We have had thoroughbreds in the past so I know how mad they can be. Strap yourself up mate. A quality stage 1 compression vest works well if you have one.
Sorry to hear you lost one. Your Clydesdale thoroughbred sounds almost in the verge of being an Irish sports horse ! Have a mix here, but the one who got me is a young high end thoroughbred... So can be highly strung ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles