Pics of your home bike park creations

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Looks like bike park creations and riding are on hold for a couple of days. Handing over 100% responsibility to @dobbyhasfriends :)

We knew this would be an issue with lockdown with competition horses which can't be taken out and worked properly. They turn into excited dragons. Despite extra care (which always seems to lead to more accidents).. I was dumb and didn't matrix move out of the way fast enough yesterday to a 180 degree spinning equine roundhouse and got suitably flattened. From past experience of how it feels, a couple of fractured or badly bruised ribs.

Obviously not doing the hospital thing because they're busy, it's a place of infection (we have it in the area now) and there's nothing they can do. I'm not spitting blood bla bla. On the bright side it's sunny and there is beer in stock ! :)

Tried trail building some more last night but managed 30 meters before deciding that, as a bloke I didn't have the pain threshold of a woman, so retired hurt and frustrated.

Lifting a watering can this morning almost led to tears :) so we have a few rest days .. doh.

Definitely don't want c-19 now, imagine uncontrollable coughing with fractured ribs, that's just not funny !
Reminded me my first trip to a bikepark, northstar at tahoe, when I broke three ribs on the very first day, turning the trip into an nightmare of following the wife on shopping centers and crying every time I had to wipe my ass. ?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Looks like bike park creations and riding are on hold for a couple of days. Handing over 100% responsibility to @dobbyhasfriends :)

We knew this would be an issue with lockdown with competition horses which can't be taken out and worked properly. They turn into excited dragons. Despite extra care (which always seems to lead to more accidents).. I was dumb and didn't matrix move out of the way fast enough yesterday to a 180 degree spinning equine roundhouse and got suitably flattened. From past experience of how it feels, a couple of fractured or badly bruised ribs.

Obviously not doing the hospital thing because they're busy, it's a place of infection (we have it in the area now) and there's nothing they can do. I'm not spitting blood bla bla. On the bright side it's sunny and there is beer in stock ! :)

Tried trail building some more last night but managed 30 meters before deciding that, as a bloke I didn't have the pain threshold of a woman, so retired hurt and frustrated.

Lifting a watering can this morning almost led to tears :) so we have a few rest days .. doh.

Definitely don't want c-19 now, imagine uncontrollable coughing with fractured ribs, that's just not funny !

oh shit mate... sorry to hear that, not much you can do for ribs as you know so dont go near that hospital and get well soon !

good news - I have another video going up in around an hour - uploading now !

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I was dumb and didn't matrix move out of the way fast enough yesterday to a 180 degree spinning equine roundhouse and got suitably flattened. From past experience of how it feels, a couple of fractured or badly bruised ribs.

Very sorry to hear that Zimmer.

We will all have to promise to try very, very hard NOT to make you laugh for a few weeks.

So that's self-isolation for over 70's, serious illnesses and comedians with chronic titteritis then!

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
how are you doing @Zimmerframe ?

Frustrated ! .. locked down .. and fecked is not good !!!

I made a new list of "pathetic" things to do for yesterday .. then really hurt myself lifting up a watering can !! o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: arghhhhhh ..

So retired hurt and had a bbq and beer.. that made me feel much better and fell asleep in the sun with the dog ! There's a lot to be said for liquid anti-inflammatorys ;)

Did some trail "surveying" .. so all was not lost .. hoping to brave a short bike bike play tomorrow just for mental health reason. Though this might abort as just getting on and off the mower today was severely uncomfortable !!

Life now revolves around waiting for the next OBSKB video ! :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Finally feeling mobile enough to do some trail building this week .. So continuing with the "backyard" bike park..

Extending "Sunshine" ..

My trusty assistant ..

apo1.jpg

Drop off to meet the existing part ahead .

apo2.jpg

Weight testing the cantilevered rock drop.

apo3.jpg

The run down to the drop and join the existing track straight ahead.

apo4.jpg

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Not exactly my own work but some lads in my local woods have created a massive track down a hill. It's well hidden away, we only found it by accident. The photos don't really do it justice but it's awesome to go down ?

20200414_155818.jpg

20200414_160020.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’ve got the same near me. I ran into the trail pixies at the weekend and offered to help but there won’t be much work before October now as the ground is too hard. Just a bit of stinging nettle clearing to do once they spring up.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
I’ve got the same near me. I ran into the trail pixies at the weekend and offered to help but there won’t be much work before October now as the ground is too hard. Just a bit of stinging nettle clearing to do once they spring up.
Strange, you guys call them pixies and over here in oz they are the 'Trail Elves'. Don't suppose what you call them, it's excellent to enjoy the mischievous and sometimes nocturnal work. All I can say is keep up the good work!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles