Pic of the Day

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Since when is Klever Reichswald in the Netherlands ? 😇 Yes it is close to the border with NL.
👍 All Europe! 😀 To be honest, I did test rides on bio MTBs at previous Canyon Test Center in Heerlen, NL (@Binhill1 The Netherlands) and remember nice trails in the local hills.

I was wondering if your pic would be Aachen region as the hole to your right looks like a typical bomb crater.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
IMG_1656.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_7849.jpeg
IMG_7901.jpeg
IMG_7920.jpeg
IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_7878.jpeg
IMG_7937.jpeg
Simmental, Switzerland. Sahara dust, in the Air.

Last edited:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Damnit, I'm going on after Toni again. Fifty feet out the door & it's obvious something's up with the gears. Chain is drooping on the ground & it turns out the plate axle has seized. Two hours stripping & rebuilding the mech wasn't on the menu but I still got the classic Chanctonbury water trough piccy anyway. And I got to wear my CRC fire sale Nukeproof pants.

1RuJIxru.jpg

gEm3makr.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Damnit, I'm going on after Toni again. Fifty feet out the door & it's obvious something's up with the gears. Chain is drooping on the ground & it turns out the plate axle has seized. Two hours stripping & rebuilding the mech wasn't on the menu but I still got the classic Chanctonbury water trough piccy anyway. And I got to wear my CRC fire sale Nukeproof pants.

View attachment 137216

View attachment 137217
Got me there with the plate axle please don't try to explain what it is . I have two goosed sram dérailleurs in the shed not sure if I can make one out of the two . Your pretty clean looking though considering.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
All it means is the pin that joins the two halves of the derailleur had seized. Failed seal let water in, looks like a Russian scrapyard in there.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
All it means is the pin that joins the two halves of the derailleur had seized. Failed seal let water in, looks like a Russian scrapyard in there.
Ok pretty reliable dérailleurs really if you can manage not to pick up twigs . I burst a spoke yesterday don't know how didn't notice till I got home. Luckily i have a spare wheel . Have to order a few it's easy to lose a week waiting for spares.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
There are still a lot of people round my area who's doors are left unlocked when the go out keys left in cars . If you go to some places there's kayaks and things like that just lie beside the waterside. Just like the good old days.
[/Q
Steady on Tim its only a bike haha. Seriously I don't normally do that but that road i parked beside would not see cars in the middle of the night. There are still a lot of people round my area who's doors are left unlocked when the go out keys left in cars . If you go to some places there's kayaks and things like that just lie beside the waterside. Just like the good old days.
Scotland Sign.png

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Went past there again today. No prizes for guessing what I saw. 😠

View attachment 135578
And now it's hit the news big time! 😡

"A rare West Sussex chalk stream is on the cusp of “an environmental catastrophe”, campaigners have warned, after it was revealed as being the worst-hit river in England for sewage overflows.

Sewage was allowed to pour into England’s rivers, lakes and coastal areas for 3.6 million hours last year, making 2023 the worst year on record for sewage spills, according to official figures from the Environment Agency (EA).

The EA data revealed a wastewater treatment works near Chichester discharged untreated sewage into the River Lavant 286 times in 2023.

In total, Southern Water’s Lavant Wastewater Treatment plant overflowed for 6,542 hours, the equivalent of 273 days of non-stop sewage.

Chichester harbour, a designated area of outstanding natural beauty once known for its oysters, is among the areas impacted by the sewage overflows."

20240328_151921.jpg

Took the above picture of sewerage being pumped into the river Lavant in West Dean just 2 days ago as rode past with a buddy. There were actually TWO tankers parked up doing this!!!

Last edited:

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
And now it's hit the news big time! 😡

"A rare West Sussex chalk stream is on the cusp of “an environmental catastrophe”, campaigners have warned, after it was revealed as being the worst-hit river in England for sewage overflows.

Sewage was allowed to pour into England’s rivers, lakes and coastal areas for 3.6 million hours last year, making 2023 the worst year on record for sewage spills, according to official figures from the Environment Agency (EA).

The EA data revealed a wastewater treatment works near Chichester discharged untreated sewage into the River Lavant 286 times in 2023.

In total, Southern Water’s Lavant Wastewater Treatment plant overflowed for 6,542 hours, the equivalent of 273 days of non-stop sewage.

Chichester harbour, a designated area of outstanding natural beauty once known for its oysters, is among the areas impacted by the sewage overflows."

View attachment 137247

Took the above picture of sewerage being pumped into the river Lavant in West Dean just 2 days ago as rode past with a buddy. There were actually TWO tankers parked up doing this!!!
Well, if it is illegal your city / county should take action. Otherwise it appears not to be prohibited by law?

Anyhow. regarding Oysters one should be aware that these filter water and reflect current health status of human community…….: Noro Oysters

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
Went somewhere new today.

Was nice, though quite a bit of the route was very sandy (in places would have made a great kids sandpit 🤨 ) and with my mediocre skills was scooting along at 10kmh. Think I'm going to feel it tomorrow :LOL:. Definitely somewhere to explore alternative routes though.

On the plus side it was suddenly very warm today (23°C!) and I could wear shorts for the first time this year.

30km (inc. there & back) , 300m up and down.

20240330_154535.jpg
Beetlebrum. The beetle was faster than me in the sand...

20240330_144846.jpg
Nice woods.

20240330_155257.jpg
Observation tower in the middle of nowhere.

20240330_155441.jpg

View from the top not that exciting.

Last edited:

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
Two in a fortnight. What's the Shimano guarantee on chains?

Depending on jurisdiction theoretically 2 years though for a chain Impossible in practice to prove not due to misuse.

There was at time of pandemic a shed load of counterfeit shimano chains being flogged. Are you sure yours were authentic?

Without meaning to be unintentionally rude, did you remember to put them on the right way?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Depending on jurisdiction theoretically 2 years though for a chain Impossible in practice to prove not due to misuse.

There was at time of pandemic a shed load of counterfeit shimano chains being flogged. Are you sure yours were authentic?

Without meaning to be unintentionally rude, did you remember to put them on the right way?
Have to explain wrong way or do you mean the joining link ?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Shiamono chains are directional, you can put thme on back to front. This one came from Halfords two weeks ado, they're getting it back.

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
Have to explain wrong way or do you mean the joining link ?

Shimano chains tend to be directional - Do Shimano bike chains have a direction? | Rocket Cyclist

Other makes less so. Only discovered this as me being used to KMC chains (generally non-directional) was half way putting on a bought-in-an-emergency shimano chain and realised it had a desired direction and of course I'd nearly put it on the wrong way...

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Shimano chains tend to be directional - Do Shimano bike chains have a direction? | Rocket Cyclist

Other makes less so. Only discovered this as me being used to KMC chains (generally non-directional) was half way putting on a bought-in-an-emergency shimano chain and realised it had a desired direction and of course I'd nearly put it on the wrong way...
So has it an arrow ? . Normally sram I use but I put a shimano chain on a week ago been out twice . Jumping on cassette but that could be worn. Just clicked on link will have a look the morn.

Twin Valleys

Nov 5, 2019
southern Alberta, Canada
After spending a month in the Cook Islands (Rarotonga) thought I would post a couple of pics from the trip. We rented e-bikes for the month that were mostly tanks with rear hub drives and anytime I went near a hill it would power out. I have a whole new appreciation for my old levo. Each morning I would ride the circumference of the island (31.5 km) one day clockwise the next day counterclockwise in an effort to rationalize all the beer that would be consumed the rest of the day with the only priority going to the fresh fish store and choosing either a cut of Mahi Mahi, wahoo, or yellow fin tuna to BBQ at sundown. The only danger on this island are the coconuts thudding to the ground and another reason to actually wear the lid. Well that and dodging the free range chickens where the roosters start crowing at 3 in the morning!
20240228_092126.jpg
20240307_124402.jpg 20240312_110535.jpg
20240317_184829.jpg
20240311_143315.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles