Pic of the Day

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Not according to the long-range weather forecast! It looks like there is a conveyor belt out in the Atlantic bringing an endless supply of rain for as far ahead as can be seen. It will still be raining in the Summer, but at least it will be warm!
I'm feert to look too far ahead. Nothing surprises me though.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Today's feelings
It's spring..nope.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
First ride for a while due to the bike being away for a replacement motor ..and myself coughing my guts up for the last 2 weeks ..
It was supposed to be a fairly big meet-up at Whinlatter ..but with Storm Kathleen threatening 50mph winds in got postponed last night ..
Instead as the weather over on the Eastern side of the country was forecast as being slightly less breezy myself and Wayne did a ride out of Rothbury taking in Debdon Woods & The Simonside Hills ..
The conditions were breezy and the ground very wet after the non stop rain this week ..but that didn't spoil an excellent ride.

The River Coquet in full flow on the way out of Rothbury
1000005809.jpg
1000005810.jpg
1000005811.jpg

Wayne on a " new to us " track..which was only part explored due to the ground conditions turning to bog ..we need a dry summer to follow it to its end. Simonside in the background ..
1000005812.jpg
1000005813.jpg

One of Wayne's pic featuring myself
1000005818.jpg

Lunch stop in the shooters hut half way down the fast & furious ( and very wet) drop to Hepple ..
1000005814.jpg
1000005816.jpg
1000005817.jpg

Great to be out again ..with a nice pint in the Turks Head to finish things off ..
Cheers Wayne 🍻

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
First ride for a while due to the bike being away for a replacement motor ..and myself coughing my guts up for the last 2 weeks ..
It was supposed to be a fairly big meet-up at Whinlatter ..but with Storm Kathleen threatening 50mph winds in got postponed last night ..
Instead as the weather over on the Eastern side of the country was forecast as being slightly less breezy myself and Wayne did a ride out of Rothbury taking in Debdon Woods & The Simonside Hills ..
The conditions were breezy and the ground very wet after the non stop rain this week ..but that didn't spoil an excellent ride.

The River Coquet in full flow on the way out of Rothbury
View attachment 137643 View attachment 137644 View attachment 137645
Wayne on a " new to us " track..which was only part explored due to the ground conditions turning to bog ..we need a dry summer to follow it to its end. Simonside in the background ..
View attachment 137646 View attachment 137648
One of Wayne's pic featuring myself
View attachment 137649
Lunch stop in the shooters hut half way down the fast & furious ( and very wet) drop to Hepple ..
View attachment 137651 View attachment 137652 View attachment 137653
Great to be out again ..with a nice pint in the Turks Head to finish things off ..
Cheers Wayne 🍻
Whyte I think i can't see for all the dubs . How much miles did you get out of motor before it broke. I'm nearing 2000 on this one so I'm getting a bit twitchy .

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Whyte I think i can't see for all the dubs . How much miles did you get out of motor before it broke. I'm nearing 2000 on this one so I'm getting a bit twitchy .
First motor I got over 2500 miles and was replaced 2 weeks out of warranty ..
1700 approx on the replacement after about 18 months ..was quite hopeful of getting a significant discount on this replacement in the same way my mate @The EMF did as spookily they have both fkd up with the same fault at around the same period in their lifespan ..but even though I pushed as hard as I could ..nothing doing from Bosch or their distributor but as the bikes were bought at different dealers there was nowt much I could do about it .
I got a goodwill gesture of 10% discount from the shop ..but as Wayne got 60% it was a bit hard to swallow ..
Cost over £ 800+ with diagnostic checks and other bits & bobs ..but does have another two year warranty ..
At the end of the day it's what we do ..so there was never any doubt that it wasn't going to be replaced 😬

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
1700 approx on the replacement after about 18 months ..was quite hopeful of getting a significant discount on this replacement in the same way my mate @The EMF did as spookily they have both fkd up with the same fault at around the same period in their lifespan ..but even though I pushed as hard as I could ..nothing doing from Bosch or their distributor but as the bikes were bought at different dealers there was nowt much I could do about it .
I got a goodwill gesture of 10% discount from the shop ..but as Wayne got 60% it was a bit hard to swallow ..
Cost over £ 800+ with diagnostic checks and other bits & bobs ..but does have another two year warranty ..
At the end of the day it's what we do ..so there was never any doubt that it wasn't going to be replaced 😬
That's about the same as my Levo got then 2600 , 2000 they picked up error in shop and changed it out . Third one 3000 I think. 1800 ish this one so watch this space. I was thinking Bosch was more reliable but you are proving that's not always the case. I see what conditions you are riding in on your last post through real mud and water . Wishful thinking we get away with it isn't it. A certain repair man told me 2600 miles was a good amount of miles from a motor. The corrosion on the bottom of my last was horrendous you wouldn't see that without taking all plastic covers off. Salt atmosphere on coast doesn't help

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

Mind you both our bikes have been hard ridden over the time we’ve had them and no quarter given to riding in the most appalling conditions. That’s is what we do and let’s face it keeps us reasonably fit, healthy and sane. I’ll still keep swapping motors out in my Great Whyte because I’ve not seen anything out there that jumps out at me and says “ Oooooo I’ve got to have that new bike “ and the odd geometry tweek here and there won’t make any difference to my riding style.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles