Pic of the Day

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Happy to meet you there, or host at my house and ride out. I'm just a few miles away on light and partially groomed trails which is my warmup. There's a parking area just NW of the park that leads to not just the park trails, but a huge playground on the North side of the CAP canal. I have a couple of riding partners who are always up to have another person join us.

I'm no expert, just learning to improve from owning a series of far lesser bikes.

I am on a lightweight EMTB with only 50 nm motor, so I wouldn’t want to slow you down if you are on a FF 85 nm bike. If you are cool with that, I would love to have you show me around. I live next to Hawes if you aren’t familiar with those trails and want someone to show you around. I’ll ride any trail, whether beginner or advanced.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I am never unhappy with being slowed down, and always cognizant if someone wants to be faster. No ego here, and just want everyone to ride their own ride. I've been motorcycling all my life and same thing in that endeavor; ride your ride. I'm kinda fast on the mildly technical flowy trails, and kinda stupid/slow on the ones with a lot of ledges and very slow sections. My riding friends have 60 and 80 motors, wife has a 90, we all still are constrained more by skill than power in most of the things around here.

I live at the far North end of 67th, just a couple blocks from the trail that follows the CAP into Deem. And yeah, Hawes is on my list too. Many/most Sunday afternoons we are all free to do a ride here. Saturdays on and off. And weekdays a couple of us often break off by 3-4 for a ride.

Reactions: Dax

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I am never unhappy with being slowed down, and always cognizant if someone wants to be faster. No ego here, and just want everyone to ride their own ride. I've been motorcycling all my life and same thing in that endeavor; ride your ride. I'm kinda fast on the mildly technical flowy trails, and kinda stupid/slow on the ones with a lot of ledges and very slow sections. My riding friends have 60 and 80 motors, wife has a 90, we all still are constrained more by skill than power in most of the things around here.

I live at the far North end of 67th, just a couple blocks from the trail that follows the CAP into Deem. And yeah, Hawes is on my list too. Many/most Sunday afternoons we are all free to do a ride here. Saturdays on and off. And weekdays a couple of us often break off by 3-4 for a ride.

awesome. I’ll hit you up. I am getting a little bored with my local trails. I saw the feature below posted on MTBR Forum. It looks like there are plenty of trails to get in trouble with.

F1EF62B5-80E6-498A-97D6-FB3D826E3D32.png

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I have no idea, but if they did it hasn't transmitted well, because the Bubonic plage is still around. We have better drugs now and we know how it spreads etc, etc.
I read somewhere that some survivors of the black plague had a specific gene marker that was passed along. An isolated community faired pretty well because most of them had a resistance (the dna gene) to the disease. Better drugs now though. 👍🏻

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I showed the pic to a couple of really old folk in the village today at our Village Hall Xmas dinner. One asked "Do you know what caused the subsidence and subsequent lean?" She told me that following the Great Plague 1665-6 there were so many bodies buried in the churchyard that the tower subsequently leaned. Wow, that sounds like a lot of bodies in a short space of time
I hadn't heard of the Great Plague, I had thought it was limited to London, but apparently it spread across the country and the current estimate is that it killed 15% of the population. The earlier Black Death of 1348 killed between 30% and 60% of the population of the countries affected. Both outbreaks were what is now known as Bubonic Plague.
There is a church in London a few yards away from where Samuel Pepys (the famous diarist) lived during the plague and Great Fire of London, where there were so many plague victims buried that the ground surface in the churchyard is now about 4 feet higher, and the steps now go DOWN to the church door when they originally went UP to the door!
1670540097875.png

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Strawberry Peak 🍓

It's the highest peak in the front range of the San Gabriel Mountains. It tops out at nearly 6200 feet, but the bike trail only goes around the mountain at 5200 feet. It was a bit chilly up there and stayed in the 40's all day. The bike trail is one of the most aesthetically attractive in SoCal, with loads of scenery, wilderness, and solitude.

Lots of visibility today.
IMG_9052.jpeg

Radio towers atop Mt. Wilson. There's also a 100" Hooker up there. For reals.
IMG_9064.jpeg

The trail is narrow in places. Can you see the two riders back there? The one in the lead is EMTB's very own technical writer, @Rod B. The trail is cut into the mountainside. The trick is to not snag your bars on the inside, and cross the rockfalls without sliding into the abyss. That would be very problematic.
IMG_9033.jpg

White crystals growing all over the place. Very strange.
IMG_9070.jpeg

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
No photo, but just a gentle reminder that while all you northern hemispherers are freezing your hubs off that it's forecast to hit 35C (that's 95F for all you state siders) in Adelaide, Australia tomorrow

:)

Sorry to hear it. Was a beautiful 70F day here during my ride. I hope things cool off for you soon.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
No photo, but just a gentle reminder that while all you northern hemispherers are freezing your hubs off that it's forecast to hit 35C (that's 95F for all you state siders) in Adelaide, Australia tomorrow

:)
My brother lives in Brisbane and he is always reminding me how hot it is in his summer; we respond with how cold it is in our winter. When we visit in their late autumn, the locals can always tell we are "not from round here" because we are in shorts, sandals and a tee shirt, while they are in boots, long trousers and thick jackets. He visited once in the UK spring and I had to lend him some winter clothing! :)

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
I've got a new toy. It's in the kitchen because it's chuffing cold outside and I needed to fit a mount for the front light. Which I didn't buy with the bike because the extra cost was stupid for a not very bright light. Which brings me to my question.... Can anyone recommend an open helmet that will work with a light, even better if it's built in. And which light would be not silly heavy, fairly wide beam as the one on the front is quite narrow. Only place I could put it was right up front if I didn't want only my knees illuminated. I'll be riding unlit roads and some easy tracks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles