Pic of the Day

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hold my Snow Shovel!

Trying our best to keep up to Finland ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ.
1312DA7D-73A3-460B-A486-5AA3DBE6F67E.jpeg
Someone left me a Trek gift card.
F6817B39-F2F9-4684-BA20-5A7A6BE7D340.jpeg
Found this when I went to the garage.

CA139901-FE2D-4B35-BA11-4F53F1F7CED9.jpeg

Merry Christmas everyone.

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
After my ride on beach yesterday I put bike in van as I was going for a Xmas meal after . Couldn't believe the state of the chain today it was half froozen and a horrible sandy colour had to remove and it took some amount of cleaning .
I hose washed mine down when I got back (mind you it was raining hard anyway...) hoping it's pretty much in one piece still!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
So you think Las Vegas is all about cocaine, hookers, and high rollers?
Well... yeah. Of course it is.

But if you want to step away from the three million yahoos down in the flatlands,
there's plenty of wilderness, solitude, and top-notch riding.

Tubeless is recommended.
IMG_9128.jpeg

See the sunlit "belt" running along the mountainside in the distance? That's our trail.
IMG_9141.jpeg

Scenic overload.
IMG_9159.jpeg

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
"Tubeless is recommended."

Back in 99' we showed up with a bunch of 29" wheel bikes to Blue Diamond from CB, CO. for an Interbike demo day. Wasn't long before bikes came back full of goat heads.....before tubeless and it turned into a mad effort to keep the fleet aired up. Plus we only had so many actual 29" tubes and had to resort to stuffing 26" ones and ended up wiping out the Kenda booths supply......The next year we pre-slimed the tubes but there weren't as many goat heads. Nasty buggers!

I really need to get down there and ride again as you say there is lots of adventure in store outside of the strip around Vegas and you can still access the amenities like cheap lodging and buffets. And the aforementioned if so inclined :devilish:

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
"Tubeless is recommended."

Back in 99' we showed up with a bunch of 29" wheel bikes to Blue Diamond from CB, CO. for an Interbike demo day. Wasn't long before bikes came back full of goat heads.....before tubeless and it turned into a mad effort to keep the fleet aired up. Plus we only had so many actual 29" tubes and had to resort to stuffing 26" ones and ended up wiping out the Kenda booths supply......The next year we pre-slimed the tubes but there weren't as many goat heads. Nasty buggers!

I really need to get down there and ride again as you say there is lots of adventure in store outside of the strip around Vegas and you can still access the amenities like cheap lodging and buffets. And the aforementioned if so inclined :devilish:
I always get told nobody understands a lot of the Doric words I use . Not a clue what a goats head is ??? . I google quite a lot on this forum to find out what things are , Kenfitameen .

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I always thought that the expanded version of โ€œffsโ€ meant that air was escaping from a tire or shock. Apparently it means more.

A translation app comes in handy but it can crash when defining the Canadian version of โ€œehโ€ or โ€œsorryโ€.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I do love a black bike, especially in satin.
I also like the stealth logos on the fork and shock (or is it just an absence?)
Why not have a go at the logos on the cranks?
Scrub off the tyre logos too?

OK, I'm going too far! :eek: :ROFLMAO:
no stickers on the fork. It came with stealth stickers, but I do not like stickers all over my bikes.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Not a clue what a goats head is ??? . I google quite a lot on this forum to find out what things are , Kenfitameen .

A Goat's Head is the thorn of the Tribulus terrestris plant, otherwise known as the caltrop. No matter which way the thorn falls on the ground, there is a sharp spike pointing upward. Growing up here in SoCal, we learned not to ride out bikes across grass schoolyards, or we WOULD get a flat. Interestingly, warriors have used metal caltrops since Roman times to impede the travel of horses, camels, and wheeled vehicles. The plant that is the scourge of modern bicyclists was the inspiration for the modern "spike strip."

CDA-trail-2011-052-goathead-thorns-ww-1.jpg

And then there's Goats Head Soup, but that's a whole 'nother thing.

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
A Goat's Head is the thorn of the Tribulus terrestris plant, otherwise known as the caltrop. No matter which way the thorn falls on the ground, there is a sharp spike pointing upward. Growing up here in SoCal, we learned not to ride out bikes across grass schoolyards, or we WOULD get a flat. Interestingly, warriors have used metal caltrops since Roman times to impede the travel of horses, camels, and wheeled vehicles. The plant that is the scourge of modern bicyclists was the inspiration for the modern "spike strip."

View attachment 103373

And then there's Goats Head Soup, but that's a whole 'nother thing.
Yip nasty looking thing that. Falling off would be nasty too

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

View attachment 103373

The Romans also used metal caltrops to distribute around their camps when in hostile territory. The spikes would go clean through the tribesmen's footwear as they crept up on a night attack. At the least it made them cry out and alert the sentries. At best it disabled them. Nasty!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles