Pic of the Day

T8COH

Oct 16, 2021
Dundee
Todays ride , got a bit sketchy being on my own . Went to the garage and I had a puncture so nicked the young lads bike.

86475C90-4BDA-4EA0-8239-A8487EA4A421.jpeg

3BE9E257-96BE-439D-BF7A-1441B8FD277D.jpeg

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
But it was delicious for a pre-ride snack 😉
I used to work for a company that manufactured Petfood, thousands of tons per year. Watching the dry product being made was almost hypnotic. The whirling mixers, the waterfall of product falling from the conveyors, the faster than the eye could see packaging equipment.... The point of this story is that because I had seen it made from the start, knew the quality of the materials and could see the hygiene standards employed throughout the process; it was an easy thing to reach out and grab a handful when I felt peckish! :)

But I went off it when they later added the doggy equivalent of salt & vinegar to fish& chips. It was a disgusting looking brew of enzyme-dissolved chicken guts! The dogs absolutely loved it. Not me, I had seen the raw materials. :eek:

Many years later, I was heavily involved in a project that conceived, made and delivered a drink for cats. My party piece was to drink a carton of it. Spectators' reaction varied from retching to admiration at my intestinal fortitude. But it tasted like flavoured condensed milk. Hmmm.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
That looks a terrific job of work there @Stihldog but why was it necessary? :unsure:
Good question. During rain or high water times, the area directly below the bridge is impassable. Erosion of the trail was occurring constantly with use and a path was used through sensitive root systems instead. This bridge prevents any of that from happening.
I spoke with other users of this trail (riders, hikers etc) and all agreed that this was the best measure. Some proper redirection of the creek was needed also. It’s not much of a drop/hight for the bridge but too much ground damage was beginning to occur.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
What a day !
We kinda knew that there was a likelihood that the mountains in the Lake District would have a covering of snow on them ..but the surprise was just how much there was when they first came into view ..
Whinlatter Visitor Centre was lacking the white stuff but as we started climbing on the North Loop it was evident that we would be riding in it ..and it was great !
I love riding an ebike at this trail centre ( not so much an mtb ) ..and the rocks although wet still seem to offer a great amount of grip ..
We rode the North ..then then South Inc.the black section then climbed back up to do the red down section again ..had a sarnie & a drink back at the cars and did the North loop again ..
A quick pint at the Sally in Thelkeld ( The Horse & Farrier was holding a Wake and closed to the public )..rounded off a pretty perfect day ..
Many thanks to my partner in crime ..Wayne ( The EMF ) for making the effort as he had about an hour more travelling time ..
You will enjoy this on the 5th @Tubby G ..
20220225_090923.jpg
20220225_112121.jpg
20220225_123148.jpg
Screenshot_20220226-092245_Chrome.jpg
20220225_103507.jpg

Last edited:

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I last rode Whinlatter well before the South Loop trail had been laid. It was on a custom built Specialized SX Trail and a proper ball ache…….
Today along with me buddy The Hodge I had a total blast. We rode the North loop twice, the South loop Black and Red trails. I used the first circuits a sighter because there was quite a lot of snow so a bit twitchy on some parts of the trails but as confidence grew I just let the bike go and the berms were well built and you could carry so much speed and all the descents had a good flow to the, especially the Red down on the South Loop.
Thanks Neil for your most excellent company and a pint of the Black stuff.

E6E1BDFA-3928-49A5-9CCC-879147063CBA.jpeg

8EA6A5E2-19D8-4BFF-B8A7-59BA0FEBF2DA.jpeg

B0B074D4-1E84-499D-BFCE-440A75C73A7A.jpeg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
First ride out since Feb 15th. Nothing special, just a casual ride along the canal. The Tannus inserts feel strange ( maybe not used to the lower pressure and / or just a bit tired as not been out for a while ) bike felt heavier / draggy than usual. Sensor is all sorted and had a good leg work out today.
IMG_20220226_153518.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
My mate today demonstrating that having a spare mech hanger is no 'effin use if it is back in the shed! And no tools either!
Also demonstrating how useful it is to ride with a buddy that has all of these things in his pack (hanger, tools, chain splitter and so forth).

View attachment 82986
You ride with Santa Claus ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles