Pic of the Day

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
What's in those danger areas?
The Army ..sometimes firing huge guns ..at other times squaddies training ..not just the British Army either ..I've seen The Gurkhas ..and members of other NATO countries up there ..its very near to Otterburn Camp.
It's pretty obvious where & when you stay clear as there are red flags flying and signs every so often warning of the danger of un-exploded shells leading to injury or death ..but hey it just adds a little more excitement to your ride ?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
The Army ..sometimes firing huge guns ..at other times squaddies training ..not just the British Army either ..I've seen The Gurkhas ..and members of other NATO countries up there ..its very near to Otterburn Camp.
It's pretty obvious where & when you stay clear as there are red flags flying and signs every so often warning of the danger of un-exploded shells leading to injury or death ..but hey it just adds a little more excitement to your ride ?
I’ll second that I’ve been riding that part of the world for nearly as long as Mr Hodge. On part of the Usway burn where it meets the farm is a steep muddy singletrack which I always have to push. The track has a fence to the right and thick bracken to the left for about 100m, get the picture?
I was pushing the bike up this section admiring the view when 5 soldiers all decked in camouflage stood up out of the bracken no more than 1 metre away......I shit my corduroys, they were totally invisible until they stood up

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
Did you ever watch the MalletBlow training exercises when NATO air forces would do very low level high speed attack runs along valley onto the Otterburn ranges to bomb the many old tanks up there as target practice......Tornados Gr2’s Gr4’s
F16’s on occasion you were actually looking down on to the jets.....
Incredible , noisy and utterly breathtaking......even got a wave ? of some of the Yanks as they came through.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
Did you ever watch the MalletBlow training exercises when NATO air forces would do very low level high speed attack runs along valley onto the Otterburn ranges to bomb the many old tanks up there as target practice......Tornados Gr2’s Gr4’s
F16’s on occasion you were actually looking down on to the jets.....
Incredible , noisy and utterly breathtaking......even got a wave ? of some of the Yanks as they came through.
This was way back in the 1990’s

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
26+ miles around kirkhill forest like a man possessed ? mostly tour mode , amazing weather , trails nice and dry ?
Furthest ride so far , 14% battery left so the battery definitely likes warmer weather?

IMG20210414152901.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
26+ miles around kirkhill forest like a man possessed ? mostly tour mode , amazing weather , trails nice and dry ?
Furthest ride so far , 14% battery left so the battery definitely likes warmer weather?
You weren't tempted to ride that spiral stairset of doom then ?? :)

Don't tell @dobbyhasfriends you only had 14% left, he's just convinced himself he can go 1000 miles on a Bosch.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire

View attachment 58600

I spent many an hour in the early 90s cycling around Kirkhill forest, fond memories... Raced there, took my fiancee (now wife) cycling there and she broke two ribs! Still married me, the fool!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Last night's ride at Rivi.

Another decent evening. Took a photo of a deer grazing near the track and the sun finally setting over the sea...

View attachment 58655

View attachment 58656

I took my 16 yr old lad out for a countryside ride yesterday evening. Spotted a fox, an owl, buzzard and other wildlife. Unfortunately my boys don’t live with me anymore and have been growing up since in a large city. At one point he shouted in excitement ‘look Dad a raccoon’ as a hare crossed our path. Made me laugh

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles