Owners - your pro's and con's of owning a Haibike flyon e-bike??

Webless

May 5, 2020
London
Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum, I have been researching for a new eMTB and coming close to pulling the trigger on the AllMtn 10.0 - which would be my first Haibike

I just wanted to invite mid/long term owners for a view on their experience, your bike ride and reliability but also your score out of 10 for after sales service, ability to get parts/repairs etc...

I assume the AllMtn 10.0 for this year (along with other models) with the Flyon is 1st Gen which can sometimes come with risks...

Any comments welcome. Many Thanks!!

Mikedodds

Jun 14, 2019
Wales
Have had an AllMtn 10 as my first ebike since end of Feb. Absolutely love it 240km in. Not had any issues nor has it been in for any sort of work or needed spares. Get over 30 miles on rides all off road. I try to stick to low levels of assist but even mid is sometimes too much. Xtreme is awesome!

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum, I have been researching for a new eMTB and coming close to pulling the trigger on the AllMtn 10.0 - which would be my first Haibike

I just wanted to invite mid/long term owners for a view on their experience, your bike ride and reliability but also your score out of 10 for after sales service, ability to get parts/repairs etc...

I assume the AllMtn 10.0 for this year (along with other models) with the Flyon is 1st Gen which can sometimes come with risks...

Any comments welcome. Many Thanks!!
Hi, I cannot give comment on the Flyon 10.0, but I have just purchased a AllMtn 3.5, first ebike. Iv had it about a week and i`m an engineer by trade and it really is difficult to fault, the build quality is typically German.

The ride well, Its like a wrecking ball, just glides over or through what ever is in front of it.Trails i`m usually pushing up i`m now doing 9 mph uphill and riding up steps like there not even there, reaching new hill tops i usually cant be bothered with, I`v a cpl of big mountains i`m going to tackle over the B/H weekend so will know for sure then how capable it is, I`m so impressed with it i too have been looking at the same ebike , wondering how capable it must be.

If you can afford it buy it, id be shocked if you wasn`t grinning from ear to ear every time you go out on it.

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
My friend and I bought Hardsevens 5 years ago, and my friend subsequently bought one for his wife. They have been absolutely faultless and mine was loaded up with front and rear luggage racks to carry camping and fishing gear.
Last year my friend and I bought Flyon Alltrail 6.0s because we are getting older (70 & 67) and we wanted more assistance on some really steep and long hills enr to where we fish in the Scottish Highlands.
I think we had pretty much the first Flyons in the UK and we had a number of problems with both partly because there were no spares available. However, that is in the past and we have been using them for our permitted exercise etc with no problems at all. The longest trip my friend has done is 23 miles with 30% battery remaining. Compared with the Hardsevens they have absolutely masses of power and we have yet to find a hill we cannot zoom up. As expected, use the power and the battery empties quickly!
But. The Flyons are heavy and feel clumsy compared to the Hardsevens and I have reverted to using my Hardseven for local running because during the lockdown I am not going anywhere where I need that much power and the Hardseven is more fun. However, we bought the Flyons for a specific purpose and for that they are going to be absolutely perfect.

Webless

May 5, 2020
London
Thank you for the feedback, one comment I have seen is the noise level from the TQ motor and it feeling more digital than analogue. I cant get on one due to C19, aside from being really powerful (which appeals!!) any views on the TQ you can share by way of pro/cons?

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
Thank you for the feedback, one comment I have seen is the noise level from the TQ motor and it feeling more digital than analogue. I cant get on one due to C19, aside from being really powerful (which appeals!!) any views on the TQ you can share by way of pro/cons?

Certainly noisier than the Hardseven’s Yamaha but acceptable to me.
As far as pros and cons go, for me in my particular circumstances the overriding pro is the sheer lugging power of the TQ motor. This cancels out the Flyon cons (for me) of weight, fiddlyness of removing battery, a bit less agile and did I mention the weight?
But think of it like a short wheelbase Landrover, which has some drawbacks but if you need its massive off road capability there is no rival.

Webless

May 5, 2020
London
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the AllMtn 10.0
They had 47cm and 50cm in stock. The advice was to go for the 50cm which I was a little unsure as I’m 5’11 and I guess this makes it an XL. I will be using it for an 8mile road commute and of course off road trails - nothing extreme. Does 50cm sound right ??

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
Hi, well done I doubt you will be disappointed.
I ordered a Large, the idea was that I would share it with my wife. I would use it for day rides here and there with mates, then when we go on cycling trips, lakes and highlands etc, she would use it and I would have to do things the old fashioned way. I’m 6,2 she is 5,4 and I think she could of got away with a med and I feel i might of needed an XL, but I used to my Giant Xtrance and the geometry is different, as is the riding position.
However today I gave the beast a shakedown. We both now agree it’s very comfortable so it’s hard to say.
I also got the look when I suggested I was going out on what she now considers her bike, how did that happen? some kind of female Jedi mind trick. So I am now looking for a second eBike.
I’d appreciate you letting me know you get on because the 2 runners are the Cube Action team or Allmtn 8.0 Flyon.
Let me know how you get on with your 10.0, it’s the weight that concerns me, especially if we have to jump a style or farm gate.

Webless

May 5, 2020
London
Thanks for the info, yes will keep you posted. I’m just concerned I might be better with the 47 but I think the theory is 50 will give more room and that being beneficial for the road use. It’s a tough one.

AJR

Jan 6, 2019
Essex
I have an nduro 10 with just under 600 miles so far. It's my first ebike. I am 5'11 and ride an XL. I found it a bit short for me so changed the stem to a 70mm, I also did this on my wife's. I changed the disc rotors for Magura new ebike ones 220 on the front, and the tyres to 2.8. Overall I am very happy with it, my next change will be the forks for 38s, not that there is any issues with the 36s, the frame makes them look a bit wimpy. I do not notice the motor noise, it's a super powerful motor. My wife came of a Levo FS to the Flyon and after the initial noticable weight difference, that only comes about when moving it by hand. She would not go back, the power and overall feel of the bike has really impressed her. I ride mostly in eco, my wife in mid, the range has not been an issue, something that gets a lot of criticism from some owners. We seldom ride more than 40 mile rides and we can do this on our Flyons.

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
I think these look like great bikes,currently buying another but i do have a fairly nearby haibike dealer..all the talk of unreliability worried me with the flyon

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford
Hi, I purchased a Alltrail 6 a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely love the bike now I’ve done a couple of hundred miles on it!, to start with I was worried that I’d made an expensive mistake in not having rear suspension! One of the reasons I chose it was the weight saving as it’s the lightest of the Flyon motor versions and there are times I need to lift it over styles!! The motor is incredible, very rarely need the high or extreme power settings! Nice to have when you need it though. The downside is they can be way too much on loose hill climbs! Wheel spin!!!!! Great fun though. Battery lasts ok if you don’t stay to long in the higher power settings for to long and noise levels seem to very! Haven’t worked out why some days it seems more noticeable than others!

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
I have a flyon too
there great bikes in general
yes the motor is noisy but i think the carbon frame also amplifies this as well
i do find it quieter when its working harder as the freewheel in the motor seems to be the noisy part when the motors not working that hard
battery wise there ok not the best ive had but theres a lot of assistance on tap so its swings and roundabouts
if one thing does bug me thou is the display its just to big and to close to you so you have to look down at it too much , loads of info mind you more than you need in fact
one more gripe is the lack of a Trail mode or Emtb mode as with shimano and bosch it would be something they could do with a software update and would be a good addition
ive done a lot more moaning than praising but it really is a good tool and i dont regret the purchase at all .
Hi, I agree I don’t have a Flyon yet but I’m just haggling my LBS for an Allmtn 8.0, currently I’m using the gen 4 Bosch and EMTB is great. I think Haibike have missed a real trick by not having some sort of dynamic setting, there so powerful they could probably give 3 set points automatically adapting between 3 modes overlapping.

Dynamic Low, Eco, Low, Mid
Dynamic Mid, Low, Mid, High
Dynamic High, Mid, High, Extreme.

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
I'm really close to buying an AllMtn 8.0. In the future may think of de-restricting it. Has anybody done it? any problems?

jeroen

Jul 8, 2020
Switzerland
When I was checking for a new bike, the main reason for me not to get the Haibike Flyon AllMtn 8.0 versus a Trek Rail 9.... dealer that had them, only sold 5 and likes to push Riese & Muller and on top of that is 50km away, hence support will be likely crappy;

The LBS though had Trek's, thus tested a PowerFly 7 first, loved it, but really like fully's thus tested the Trek Rail 9 (2021) [another thing, the Haibike is effectively 2018 in parts...) and went for that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles