Haibike owners, would you buy Haibike for your next bike?

Baumer

Oct 8, 2020
Santa Barbara
Hi guys, first time poster.

I am considering getting a Haibike and have been pouring over this and the electric bike review forums to see how owners feel about the brand in general. Seems like there are quite a bit of issues with the bikes, but I also know that people are more active when something goes wrong (and they are being put through their paces as well).

I wanted to get a pulse on how people feel about their bikes and the Haibike brand. Are you happy with your bike, and if you were looking to buy another Ebike would you go with Haibike or would you look at some other brands instead?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Our first ebike was a Hardlife SL four years ago, so my wife could keep enjoying MTBing, that hasn't missed a beat, I've had Fullfat 10 that again was faultless even though I managed to dump it into various bogs and muddy ditches. I've replaced that with a Allmtn 2 this year as it had the new PW-X2 motor and is light enough to throw over fences and stiles. Obviously most components are the same regardless of manufacturer but we've had no issues with the Yamaha motors.
There's lot of posters on here who have had issues with the Flyon powered models but I think the Yamaha and Bosch powered models are excellent.

TL: DR No hesitation is buying a Haibike again.

Last edited:

mr wilson

Mar 22, 2020
Nairn, Scotland
I've had my Hardseven 5 for about a year now and would have another Haibike in an instant. A Life for the wife is on the cards next but she's resisting the whole electric thing at the moment, I'll get her converted yet though.
I'd certainly stick to Yamaha if possible but that's only because I've had zero problems with mine.

Johneracer

Sep 17, 2020
USA
All mountain 6.0, no issues here. i wouldnt be so hung up on brands. The frame is Taiwanese on all these bikes build to the manufacturers specs and all commercially available components are bolted on. Really haibike designed the frame and bolted all the crap on. Customize this and that is all marketing BS, in my humble opinion. i Would not overpay for “brand x” over “brand y” just because of the name. Look for a deal, with good components and that is all. Fit of course is important so test a few and See which bike feels good. i got a great deal on my haibike, delivered to me in Los Angeles new for $4000. This at a time when bike shops were empty and used bikes were selling as If they were made out of gold.

Baumer

Oct 8, 2020
Santa Barbara
@Johneracer Damn that is a good deal. The one I am considering is used as well. Its a 2020 Sduro Trekking 4.0 with 1k miles on it, in excellent cosmetic condition for 2k. I'm thinking I might hold out for a more high end bike, but it does seem like the price is pretty good. Im in Socal as well

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
My 5-year old Yamaha Hardseven has been absolutely faultless and far exceeded my expectations of what an EMTB could offer. My year old Flyon Alltrail (one of the first delivered) had problems initially but now works fine and, while the Flyon motor is perhaps not for everyone, it is excellent for my purposes and I am very happy with my purchase.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I would/will buy another Haibike. It's very easy to pour over Robs vids of new hardware and feel tempted elsewhere. Having owned a Haibike now i'm confident of the engineering and build quality. We use TQ motors at work for non e-bike stuff and they're excellent.
They're not without issues, the speed control button is nonsense with little or no feel making it impossible to select a setting accurately first time whilst riding but then all bikes have niggles.

sunstoner

Aug 2, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Covered only a few hundred miles on my new 6 week old Hardseven 8 but im loving the darn thing. Very impressed so far.

Already weighing my next haibike (although not just yet ;)) plus one for the Mrs too!

#Iwould

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I had my haibike hardnine4.0 2017 for a year. Sold it after a year cuz I didn't like the Yamaha pw motor after riding my father's Bosch one. Then bought the haibike hardnine sduro 7.0 with Bosch motor. Also bcuz I could extend the battery to a 1000wh. In general I'm pretty happy about out but I had alot issues with the drivetrain. Original sram nx broke pretty fast without even going onto trails, switched to Shimano XT Wich was even a bigger nightmare. Hope with the sram ex1 there will be less issues. My next bike will be an haibike

fiuman78

Oct 8, 2020
croatia
One more Haibike lover,here!
Allmtn 3.0 , 2019, no issues whatsoever and as I'm following a lot about Haibike and whole EMTN market....If not the best,Haibike is up there, absolutely.Bulid quality,components, reliability, service network, I think Haibike is holding a huuge chunk of market as they're everywhere...Another one, yes, definitely, but I do prefer Bosch over Yamaha and Flyon motors.

Chris808

Aug 17, 2020
Bolton
Had my Haibike all mtn 2.0 - 12 months yamaha pwx motor..
Done 1500 miles with lots of altitude and attitude , and had no real bike problems or motor problems, just new chain and chainring and back cassette after 1100 miles..

Josh ebike devon

Apr 20, 2020
Devon, United Kingdom
I’ve had my allmtn 3.0 for about 6 months and done 1200 miles of rough use, the only issues I’ve had where the wheels weren’t quite up to the job so they have been swapped out for hope fortus the Bosch motor and 625w battery have been flawless. Great drive unit from a well know brand I’m glad I didn’t get the flyon as I’ve heard of issues and been contacted by members on here regarding
96702874-C97C-48C8-A7EE-2985AE87A80D.jpeg
swapping over to the Bosch from flyon.

geoff brown

Nov 18, 2020
England
Haibike enduro 5 flyon purchased november 2019 current milage (up to august 2020) 2050 miles so the bike is still under warranty. The bike has been frequently been used off-road but nothing punishing. Was very pleased with the bike when finally receiving it, very well made and super powerful motor (which I needed due to left leg amputated above the knee so not much power from my left leg but with this bike was able to pedal up all the hills etc whether on or off road. Then in May the electrics started to go faulty in that the battery wouldn’t charge up in the bike and it would not power up from the power switch so I had to remove the battery each time to charge it up and fortunately it powered up when the battery was refitted so I could still use it and at this time all the bike shops were closed. When my local haibike dealer opened (by which time the bike had failed altogether so was totally unusable for me) they were unable to repair it after 6 weeks so I took it to the bike shop I bought it from (400 mile round trip) with a promise that they had all the expertise and spares to turn it round in a week. They had it for 7 weeks and failed to repair it and it has now been at Raleigh (the importers) for 3 weeks with no signs of getting it back so I am now going down the road of suing them for not fit for purpose as they still have my bike and my money (£4500) and don’t seem in the slightest bit interested or bothered that I haven’t had my bike for over 4 months so buy one at you peril as I would not advise anyone to buy this bike with the flyon system as in my case the reliability and after sales are non existence.

Update :- Finally received a brand new bike and assembled it and set up and now had 2 rides on it and so far so good and judging how the bike feels a lot of improvements have been made the display is twice as bright, the motor is a lot quieter etc probably wasn't a good idea to buy the first run of bikes but hopefully this one will prove much more reliable.

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 16.21.57.png

Last edited:

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
I endured a similar lack of interest - or ability to deliver - from Raleigh when I had initial problems (now sorted and very happy) with my Haibike Flyon. The excellent local dealer could not make the repair because they needed a part from Raleigh - which did not arrive despite repeated assurances etc.
I am currently waiting for some Haibike accessories that were ordered from Raleigh over 3 months ago - with no delivery date available.
Good luck with your problem.

Joepose

Dec 5, 2020
Forest of Dean
Hi
Purchased the Allmtn 7 last week.
Just one real niggle for me as this time of year most of my riding is in the dark and I wanted the Skybeamer integrated light but the Yamaha motor only supports the 50lux light, where the older Bosch motor supports the 100lux.
Rides great surefooted and a real hoot flying up the steepest of hills - so that's a yes from me.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Hi
Purchased the Allmtn 7 last week.
Just one real niggle for me as this time of year most of my riding is in the dark and I wanted the Skybeamer integrated light but the Yamaha motor only supports the 50lux light, where the older Bosch motor supports the 100lux.
Rides great surefooted and a real hoot flying up the steepest of hills - so that's a yes from me.
Excellent :D

Based on other users' experiences you might want to add a couple of velcro straps around the battery cover / down tube and there's plenty of threads in this and the 'General' forum about lighting that should be compatible with the PW-X2 and other options.

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
I would buy Haibike as my next bike, but just because of this is the best emtb company of a very few emtb companies (another two Yamaha and Giant) who offers Yamaha motor and the only one company who offers carbon fiber frame with Yamaha motor. There is basically no choice.

gdcase

Nov 15, 2019
Nampa, ID
I ride a 2019 Levo Carbon Comp and was looking for an emtb that I could use to take others with me. After a couple demo rides with riders of different abilities, I purchased a 2020 Xduro Allmtn 2.0 with the latest Yamaha motor. Loved the price point and I feel the componentry is well done. I've even pedaled the Haiike and find he 27.5" 2.8 tires to be stable and responsive. Glad to have company on the trails now. So much better to have other ebikes rather than non-motorized...much me fun or me.

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Its not about how big your gonads are or how many subscribe to your channel. I'm just a normal customer and have had excellent service and great reliability from my haibikes. I have had service from LBS and the bike has been faultless but then I've serviced it properly and made sure its washed properly, also adjusted stuff as it needs it its a machine and all machines need care and attention over time especially if used in hostile environments such as mud and water. This my 4th Hiabike and the wife rides one as well. I've had lapiere, cube and giant and my next one will again be a haibike. anything but a haibike, to find out why see this thread Haibike Yamaha pw-x2 and battery problem - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I’ve had magnificent service from them directly. Can’t fault them. 24hr response to email. Issue sorted in a couple of days.
I do think it’s a case of how you approach it.

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
I'm a very small channel and 3-5k views is nothing but that a lot of people I could influence.

Completely ignore any emails or social media messages I send them asking them for advice on the bike or something I don't understand or a part such as the rear hub which is terrible but needs replacing.

I've even offered to take on a kind of community manager role which would help everybody here in the UK but as per usual ignored and didn't they even respond with an email.
I get a very negative vibe from all of this. You're venting your anger and feel entitled to (ab)use social media ("Haibike, help me!") for what seems to be your own benefit mainly. Is this after they ignored your "community manager" sollicitation? I feel there's an element of threat towards them, which I think is a bad approach.
If you believe you have warranty issues, go through the normal procedures....

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
Yes, I'd buy another. Allmtn7 - only 450 miles so far but no real probs. Yes rear pads were made of cheese. Yes, I changed chainwheel as a precautionary measure. But of f course when you look for a change, who know what's on offer by then.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
I get a very negative vibe from all of this. You're venting your anger and feel entitled to (ab)use social media ("Haibike, help me!") for what seems to be your own benefit mainly. Is this after they ignored your "community manager" sollicitation? I feel there's an element of threat towards them, which I think is a bad approach.
If you believe you have warranty issues, go through the normal procedures....
Stop twisting everything I say and turning it into an issue.
Answer the op not me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles