Orbea Wild 2023 H10 or M10

BMK

Sep 7, 2023
Rancho Mission Viejo
I'm a new rider in the emtb space with previous analog experience. I am impressed with the Wild and feel it's the right option for me but am struggling to determine if it's worth spending the additional $1300 for the M10 vs H10 to simply reduce the weight. I am a bit older and not a super aggressive rider. Any advice would be appreciated if the H10 is sufficient or if the $1300 to reduce the weight truly makes a difference.

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
How much will you have to lift it onto a rack, over gates or into a vehicle? You might appreciate the lighter M10 . . but OTOH there are lighter ebikes at that price.

Reactions: BMK

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
What is the weight difference?
The reality is it will make sweet FA difference. But if you are a carbon slut like me... well i need the carbon!

PS If it was me I'd be looking at the team model to get the factory suspension. If your spending that much you might as well spend a bit more and get the top range suspension rather than the mid range.

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
I bought the M10 before the H10 was available. I’ve loved mine but have no frame of reference for a comparison. Check back with us once you decide and purchase to let us know which you got and how you like It. From my experience after almost 2 years in, they are GREAT bikes.

BMK

Sep 7, 2023
Rancho Mission Viejo
I bought the M10 before the H10 was available. I’ve loved mine but have no frame of reference for a comparison. Check back with us once you decide and purchase to let us know which you got and how you like It. From my experience after almost 2 years in, they are GREAT bikes.
Will do. Thanks for the response!

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
There's not a huge difference in weight between the H and the M Rise bikes. The M can now also have the larger battery from the H. When they first came out, the M only had the 360wHr battery (I have this one) but now can be specified with the 540wHr. I also have a full fat Merida and the Rise is so much more agile in comparison. The Merida is a bulldozer thought and ploughs through a lot of the rough stuff whereas the Rise will be more agile in it but not as planted.

It's telling that I ride my Rise more than my Merida now. I get about the same range on both on standard batteries (maybe a bit further on the Rise). The advantage is I can put the extender on the Rise and push it to about 40 miles/4000 feet...

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
From what I have read the 2020 wilds seemed to have more frame issues with the alloy one than the carbon frames. Too early for any feedback on the 23 models. I have had a carbon Bronson since 2015 and its been rock solid.

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
There's not a huge difference in weight between the H and the M Rise bikes. The M can now also have the larger battery from the H. When they first came out, the M only had the 360wHr battery (I have this one) but now can be specified with the 540wHr. I also have a full fat Merida and the Rise is so much more agile in comparison. The Merida is a bulldozer thought and ploughs through a lot of the rough stuff whereas the Rise will be more agile in it but not as planted.

It's telling that I ride my Rise more than my Merida now. I get about the same range on both on standard batteries (maybe a bit further on the Rise). The advantage is I can put the extender on the Rise and push it to about 40 miles/4000 feet...
Interesting, I just had a day out with a mate ( similar fitness) on a Merida and he stalled on a couple of tricky rocky climbs which I cleaned on my Rise. I'm sure the slight difference on weight makes a difference on steep tricky stuff. Even more surprising after 6hrs mixed riding we both had identical range left.

Tom115

Sep 11, 2023
France
I'm a new rider in the emtb space with previous analog experience. I am impressed with the Wild and feel it's the right option for me but am struggling to determine if it's worth spending the additional $1300 for the M10 vs H10 to simply reduce the weight. I am a bit older and not a super aggressive rider. Any advice would be appreciated if the H10 is sufficient or if the $1300 to reduce the weight truly makes a difference.
I have the same thought about alloy vs carbon :p

I saw in the other thread there is a difference of 1,5kgs between the carbon frame and alloy one, which is quite high...

But wondering what is the real difference on tracks :unsure:

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
ISTR reading that it could be less than that on some brands once you take into account higher spec lighter components and smaller battery . .

Khsgt1

Sep 17, 2023
Texas & Indiana
I just purchased an H10. I had a M10 My-O on order, they were messing with the delivery date, so I cancelled it and went with an in stock H10. . I don’t think the 3.3 pounds heavier is ever gonna be noticed on a 56+lb bike. The weight just disappears under you once you get moving And I’m incredibly happy with the decision and money saved.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles