Orbea Rise Range Extender installation and screws torque

PhilS

Mar 1, 2021
UK
My factory alloy bolt sheared at 3nm, luckily it was easy to get out. I replaced them with steel rotor bolts (everyone has a drawer full of those spare!) and added a washer. I went for the full 5nm as instructed due to the weight of the battery.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
My factory alloy bolt sheared at 3nm, luckily it was easy to get out. I replaced them with steel rotor bolts (everyone has a drawer full of those spare!) and added a washer. I went for the full 5nm as instructed due to the weight of the battery.
Can you post a link to these bolts etc? Cheers

PhilS

Mar 1, 2021
UK
It looks like the Shimano part number for them is Y8KT98010, I just have some spares in the cupboard as every time you buy rotors they come with more bolts!

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england

PhilS

Mar 1, 2021
UK

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I used some random washers from my toolbox. If you aren't sure or don't have parts around, just install it as Orbea say. If anything happens you will be covered by warranty if done correctly.
Sounds more fun to avoid a warranty issue I think ?

NOS_emtb’r

Feb 7, 2021
Usa
My issue is the fit of the extender In a size small frame. It is such a tight fit, really hard to slide the extender into the battery holder. Any suggestions, don’t want to snap the holder, or yank the bolts out of the frame, therefore damage to the frame☹️

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I think it is always a tight fit. You need to slide the extender laterally with some pressure. Don't be afraid of some holder bending when doing it. You need to insert it diagonally until you are under the rear suspension, then rotate it until parallel. Good luck!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Yes. And firmly as the plastic clasp is quite stiff.

Thanks. I thought it would to be fair, and the Orbea website states it does. I’ve been chasing my lbs for my range extender as I need the cage to hold a water bottle and I’m reluctant to buy one as I have the range extender coming, but my lbs just told me this morning that the cage won’t fit a standard bottle, hence my question on here!

Hjwemtb

May 8, 2022
Uk
I have just deformed my alu bolt head and now can’t get it out - arrrrgh! Tried filing a slot for a flat head screw driver but have made it worse.
Any ideas how to get it out?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles