Orbea Rise Range Extender installation and screws torque

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
My extender arrived today. Just reading the instructions and noticed that it has different sizes cells than the internal battery?
18650 vs 21700 is this why the motor will pull from the external battery first?

Bigkatoomer

Feb 25, 2021
Surrey, England
Ordered mine Feb 14th when I picked my M10 up from ebikeshop.co.uk in Farnham. Arrived a week ago. Very impressed with the quality of it all and sturdy holder. Just tightened it up with some threadlock, enough that it didn't slide up and down in the slots, and good to go.

I've no idea when I'll ever use it - I need my analogue mates to admit defeat and get an ebike too, so we can go further....

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
I would recommend that. No washers underneath, one washer under the bolt.

I'd also use your own bolts as I don't trust the aluminium bolts Orbea provide. But watch the length of whatever you do use as the battery is underneath there somewhere!

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Good news ??Still waiting on mine., 3 dates have passed, not got a new date, still showing as awaiting update. I've given up hope to be honest ?

Sprocket cycles have them in stock !!!
that where I got mine ordered yesterday lunchtime delivered DPD at lunch time today

I too had one on order with balfles bike (where I got my rise ) got fed up with there constant lies and dates passing like your Experiencing !!!
So cancel my order got a refund and got it next day from sprockets in less than 24 hours from order to delivery

Spoke to the guy there they have loads in stock ready for despatch too

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Sprocket cycles have them in stock !!!
that where I got mine ordered yesterday lunchtime delivered DPD at lunch time today

I too had one on order with balfles bike (where I got my rise ) got fed up with there constant lies and dates passing like your Experiencing !!!
So cancel my order got a refund and got it next day from sprockets in less than 24 hours from order to delivery

Spoke to the guy there they have loads in stock ready for despatch too

Cheers for the heads up. Just ordered one

Andyzim

Apr 21, 2021
Uk
Did anyone use the bolts which were already in the frame? Because my extender didn't come with bolts and the frame ones didn't seem long enough to even reach the threaded part once you put them through the cage.

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
Did anyone use the bolts which were already in the frame? Because my extender didn't come with bolts and the frame ones didn't seem long enough to even reach the threaded part once you put them through the cage.
Yes I used the ones on the frame and the spacer in between the bolt and cage.

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Yes I used the ones on the frame and the spacer in between the bolt and cage.
That's how mine came from the dealer but it's not how shown in the blue paper (no washers at all) or in the updated drawing Orbea have sent some people (with a washer under the bolt head, above the cage).

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Mine came today , used the bolts that were already in the frame . Instructions say to remove spacers , I didn't torque it I used my hands built in torque wrench , like I've done for years .

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
First time using the extender today. I've connected it all up and turned my Garmin on and the range in the RS app shows the same as it always did without the extender. I'd have thought it would show a higher range available? Anyway I'm off for a ride now and see what happens

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Yes, it shows almost the double range, at least for me with the shimano display

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Mine showed an extended range on my Garmin but not initially , it seemed to recalculate after a couple minutes riding .

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I'm out at the minute an dit doesn't seem to be drawing any power from the extender. I've done 6 mile and 900ft of ascent and battery level shows 80%. If I press the button on the extender it still has 4 bars

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Strange , mine used the extender first , did a 50 mile local , nothing too challenging , and when I disconnected the range extender I still had over 70% of main battery left

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I'm sure you've done so already , but make sure the connector clicks in fully on the battery end , mine didn't and didn't connect initially

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I'm sure you've done so already , but make sure the connector clicks in fully on the battery end , mine didn't and didn't connect initially
All feels good connection wise, can't really push it in any harder/further to be honest. It's got me stumped has this one

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Just reading the manual and it says if you plug the extender in while the bike is turned on then the bike will shut down and you will have to turn it back in again. This happens because the system needs to reboot to recognise the extender as part of the power supply.
So, thought I'd give that a go and see what happened. Well the bike didn't shut down so it's definitely not even registering that the extenders getting plugged in. Faulty connection cable maybe?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles