Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Is anyone using a heart rate monitor with Mission Control? If so, what hrm are you using? I have a Garmin bluetooth hrm but Mission Control does not see it.

I have 2 Garmin bands, and they both work with Mission Control and Blevo.
I also have a Polar one too, but I’ve never tried it with the bike.

bguevarra064

Aug 11, 2020
Los Angeles
Is anyone using a heart rate monitor with Mission Control? If so, what hrm are you using? I have a Garmin bluetooth hrm but Mission Control does not see it.

I'm using my Garmin Fenix 6X to pair with my TCD and Mission Control app. It took me a little bit to figure it out, but all I had to do was go into Settings - Sensors - Wrist HR - Broadcast HR on my Fenix 6 and the TCD recognized it. Pretty much did the same thing on Mission Control app.

Which Garmin are you using?

Laner2t

Jun 27, 2020
Fod
Second ride on the SL and crashed twice tonight. Little bit shaken but no lasting damage. Not crashed in over a year so probably due a few anyway. The front end gives me zero confidence. First crash loss of grip on the front, loose over hardpack conditions. Second over a rooty section that I normally plough through,(over the bars). It's bloody typical as I road for the first time this year with no pads, told myself it was going to be an easy ride. In fact I was in the same area only yesterday but had no issues on my SC hightower LT and we were really pushing on! I can only put this down to the forks and tyres which I hope to change this week. Still loving the change from the FF though :)

Im running the 160 zebs, full renthal cockpit, deathgrips and a 2.35 mary .
Front end is amazing.
Coming off a 2019 kenevo. Its like a breath of fresh air

Laner2t

Jun 27, 2020
Fod
You gonna run a cascade link with 210/55 and get more travel on that SL? Be interesting how it bombs trails compared to Kenevos long and slack monster truck.

Yeah, thats my next step. Just trying to decide on air or coil.
Im thinking air.
Big ken certainly is a monster truck but lifeless compared to the sl

Norcalsl

Jul 12, 2020
Northern California
I'm using my Garmin Fenix 6X to pair with my TCD and Mission Control app. It took me a little bit to figure it out, but all I had to do was go into Settings - Sensors - Wrist HR - Broadcast HR on my Fenix 6 and the TCD recognized it. Pretty much did the same thing on Mission Control app.

I'm using a standard Garmin HRM on a chest strap. The new Garmin Dual Ant+ BT chest strap HRM reportedly works with Mission Control, and also with my Garmin Edge 830 at the same time, so I've ordered one of those.

danf72

Jun 18, 2020
Berkshire
Im running the 160 zebs, full renthal cockpit, deathgrips and a 2.35 mary .
Front end is amazing.
Coming off a 2019 kenevo. Its like a breath of fresh air

Came in the post this morning :)

IMG_0818.jpg

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I'm using a standard Garmin HRM on a chest strap. The new Garmin Dual Ant+ BT chest strap HRM reportedly works with Mission Control, and also with my Garmin Edge 830 at the same time, so I've ordered one of those.

That’s what I use most of the time - the Garmin Dual. Have it paired with my Edge 830 and Blevo.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
New SL Comp Carbon owner here! First e-bike. Came from a Bronson CC X01 V2, so this will be a completely different animal all together.

Not a big fan of the purple, but couldn't beat the deal (in-stock versus ordering a black). It's growing on me, and removing every decal I could helped quite a bit. Hopefully I can find some wrap or something to reduce a bit of the purple overload and have the wife stop laughing at me for buying a girl bike :(

Read this entire thread! Wow you guys sure do value a few grams here and there! I definitely notice the weaker brakes compared to my Guide RSC, and the shifting not as crisp as the X01, but I can live with this for a while and ride it until I find out what it really needs.

Also concluded that despite tons of research, there is no way to find the right support/peak settings until I just do a bunch of rides and just compare/adjust. Even then it may differ with different rides. So many ways to achieve similar support/range performance. This stuff is built to confuse us. I guess I'll just start with defaults and tweak from there.

I'm in the CA South Bay Area (near Saratoga) so TONS of trails around, but I find myself at Demo most often since its only 35min away. I'm really looking to multiple loops on flow trail now! I value the workout so I plan to go motor off as much as possible.

Any first must-do's? Weighed in at 41.4 with heavy peddles, but tubless will be done in the next day or so, along with swapping to my fav Ti rail seat.

View attachment 38374
My standard upgrades for a new Levo (SL or otherwise) is 1) SICOMTB mudguard 2) Quadlock out front phone mount, 3) Pedals 4) Grips 5) any front mudguard 6) Lupine SL/SF light (not yet available for the SL but "soon") because I night ride all winter 7) WTB tires (do your research and choose what you like, but I've had great luck with WTB. 8) Tubeless conversion and Cush Cores. All three of my bikes are essentially set up that way, SWorks Levo, SL Expert Carbon and Santa Cruz 5010.

Norcalsl

Jul 12, 2020
Northern California

I'm using an Edge 830

LS1Steve

Aug 18, 2020
SF Bay Area
My standard upgrades for a new Levo (SL or otherwise) is 1) SICOMTB mudguard 2) Quadlock out front phone mount, 3) Pedals 4) Grips 5) any front mudguard 6) Lupine SL/SF light (not yet available for the SL but "soon") because I night ride all winter 7) WTB tires (do your research and choose what you like, but I've had great luck with WTB. 8) Tubeless conversion and Cush Cores. All three of my bikes are essentially set up that way, SWorks Levo, SL Expert Carbon and Santa Cruz 5010.

Thanks!
Tubeless conversion done.
SICOMTB front/rear set ordered.
Pedals fine for now, as are the grips.

I'd love to have the phone mounted for mission control ride, and like the quad lock, but I get worried about the phone overheating in direct sun. Also with a rigid mount to the bar, the gyro's take quite a beating and have been known to fail. (I ride KTM enduro too and have a special flex mount for this... its just too heavy for the SL). Are those things not an issue?

I'll check out those lights. I intend to night ride as well.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Thanks!
Tubeless conversion done.
SICOMTB front/rear set ordered.
Pedals fine for now, as are the grips.

I'd love to have the phone mounted for mission control ride, and like the quad lock, but I get worried about the phone overheating in direct sun. Also with a rigid mount to the bar, the gyro's take quite a beating and have been known to fail. (I ride KTM enduro too and have a special flex mount for this... its just too heavy for the SL). Are those things not an issue?

I'll check out those lights. I intend to night ride as well.

I’ve got 2500 miles of iPhone quad lock use with zero issues

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
I’m done with mods for now, so happy with the bike.
mods:
rockshix lyrics ultimate 2021 with new air shaft 160mm with push seals.
Canecreek db coil shock with progressive spring 210x52.5 (can remove spacer for 55)
hope E4 brakes and rotors 203 F n R
Burgtec mk5 pedals, stem, grips, bar.
santa Cruz reserve wheels on industry9 hubs. Maxxis titpres with rimpact protection.
sram go casette, xo1 lever.

722B6566-0CC0-4002-BB0D-94B380555440.jpeg

elyhim

May 31, 2018
usa north carolina
I’ve done nearly 1000 miles on my SL, and had the AXS derailleur fitted before the wheels even turned. The dropper followed a few weeks later.
I have charged both batteries 3 times each in this time.

I press the AXS button on them at the end of the ride. If it’s green, it’s good to go. If it’s red, I charge it.
I also have a spare AXS battery that I have in my tool roll just incase... but have never needed it so far.

Which AXS did you get? Is there anywhere that sells the set? No problems with cassette that came with the bike? Is it an XD driver? Thinking of ordering NOBL wheelset TR37.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Which AXS did you get? Is there anywhere that sells the set? No problems with cassette that came with the bike? Is it an XD driver? Thinking of ordering NOBL wheelset TR37.

I bought the XX1 AXS derailleur kit, and the 170mm AXS dropper.
I changed the GX cassette to the XX1 too, but there was no need really.
The Expert comes with the XD driver.

LS1Steve

Aug 18, 2020
SF Bay Area
Did first good ride with the new SL CC (coming from Bronson CC X01)... WHOA! I LOVE THIS BIKE! Only used 25% battery over 10mi/1700ft but had so much energy reserved for the downhills, which was gamechanging! Also first ride on a 29's, and I have to say, everyone who told me 29's were overrated is no longer permitted to give me bike advice... it was so much more stabile, more fun to ride, climbed better and I didn't feel like I was on the verge of going over the bars on technical steep staircase downhill sections. I can only imagine how this bike is going to be modded out.

CA_Surveyor

Jul 9, 2020
Nor Cal
My 160mm Lyrik Ultimate showed up today. I’m 210 and ride fairly aggressive on chunky, rocky, black diamond trails. The fork came with tokens - would you put them in if you were me?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I did my longest pedal ride yesterday. 34.7 miles with 3.2kft vert. Mostly in Eco (20/60) and Turbo (60/100) as this was a strava “race” that a local group put on. I had 22% battery remaining (no RE) It was an XC course, but the there were 5x segments that were timed enduro style. The timed segments were mostly flat to uphills. Don’t really have a shot at winning the ebike category with the SL, but it was fun to push it. Still amazed at this bike - long, XC race one day; lift serviced DH the next! It’s definitely the most versatile bike that I have ridden!

P.S. of COURSE I forgot my garmin.. so power, WH, etc were all missing. Doh!

358522D0-F060-4465-A291-0A7E399B2C5C.png
B6EA3732-A0BB-4CE6-A4CC-CD4BB3C6FBCB.jpeg
9CBD0DE1-18DB-4F0D-BAC6-DA6F97E1757A.jpeg
E47387FA-B11A-42F1-B5E0-39F79734D4E6.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles