Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
Who has heard of the upcoming release of a KSL 2? I ask the question because the fact that Specialized has lowered prices for some time on the KSL suggests that its replacement should arrive shortly. What do you think?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Who has heard of the upcoming release of a KSL 2? I ask the question because the fact that Specialized has lowered prices for some time on the KSL suggests that its replacement should arrive shortly. What do you think?
I think it's very unlikely !

It's quite a niche model so for the investment it's not going to have a short life.

There's a good chance they'll have a cut off moment when the bike comes with the SL 1.2 motor instead of the 1.1.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I have it on good authority that the KSL2 (Catchy name, right) will be come with the 1.2 motor and a 420Wh battery using 20700 cells. A 210 RE will also be available. The headline S-Works model will be Ohlins coil front and rear. Geo won't change but they will be a little heavier. Due for release on 31st June.

nicknameless

Aug 14, 2020
Birmingham
I have it on good authority that the KSL2 (Catchy name, right) will be come with the 1.2 motor and a 420Wh battery using 20700 cells. A 210 RE will also be available. The headline S-Works model will be Ohlins coil front and rear. Geo won't change but they will be a little heavier. Due for release on 31st June.
Realise they are different bikes but wouldn't that simply blow the Gen 2 levo SL out of the water with its 320 Wh battery? Unless the KSL2 starts at £18k that is :)

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
The existing frame is without fault.. bar the seatpost insertion depth, but unless they would change the layout, not much to do about that.
What could they even improve? Might come stock with mullet as well.

210W RE..hmm. Rode today with RE after long time and remembered why I dislike it on KSL. The weight is positioned too high compared to LSL, considerably changes the front/back balance of the bike, plus the 1KG is felt (my KSL is 20KG inc. pedals). I only use it for chill rides. But more options is always good.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

And so it begins

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
31st June? :ROFLMAO: You mean 30 no?

Anyway, prices lowered again on the KSL : Comp 5900€, Expert 7200€, S-Works 10800€...

Ribinrobin

Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
oh boy here we go again!

Last edited:

johned

Jul 30, 2022
UK
I need to run a new gear cable through my KSL as I need a longer outer to fit XT derailleur.
I was hoping to use a barb and just push/pull the new one through but the existing one is binding on something inside the bike.
I'm guessing it's something around the motor so I can drop the cover but I figured I'd ask if anyone has any experience before I blindly start undoing things ;-)
Thanks very much,
John

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
I need to run a new gear cable through my KSL as I need a longer outer to fit XT derailleur.
I was hoping to use a barb and just push/pull the new one through but the existing one is binding on something inside the bike.
I'm guessing it's something around the motor so I can drop the cover but I figured I'd ask if anyone has any experience before I blindly start undoing things ;-)
Thanks very much,
John
I had a horrible time trying that till one of my shop buddies said this "Oh dude just pull the shock, make your life easy" after like 30 minutes of suffering :ROFLMAO:

johned

Jul 30, 2022
UK
I had a horrible time trying that till one of my shop buddies said this "Oh dude just pull the shock, make your life easy" after like 30 minutes of suffering :ROFLMAO:
Thanks mate,
Sorry for my ignorance but would you mind explaining "pull the shock". I'm not sure exactly what I need to do.
TVM,
John

Ribinrobin

Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Looking back on this, I wonder if this is in line with specializeds plan to axe the FF Kenevo. Increase the battery of the KSL weight will probs creep up near the 20kg, mid weight enduro/dh ebike?

R3Z3N

Mar 2, 2022
California
So the Wolftooth Resolve 200mm dropper will have 7mm less into the frame compared to a Oneup 210 FYI, solving interference issues. With the Oneup 210 I have to shim it to 200 for proper leg extension. I may see if the Oneup V2 actuator fits in the Wolftooth but alas that won't solve that I can actually use a 210 drop for my leg extension.....but at least I won't be having the actuator sitting on carbon looking to crack the frame....

Last edited:

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I bagged an S-Works in green for £6750.. I also own a Levo SL Gen1 and a Orbea Rise.

Just waiting on Invisiframe.

I also have it on good info the 2023/24 Kenevo SL Will NOT have the new motor ans is only cosmetic changes only , my info came from a well known bike shop.

I’m 5’10 and got an S3 and feels good sat on in and doing curb tests. Don’t want to ride it until I’ve done the invisi.

Endurafrika

Jul 7, 2022
Cape Town
I also have it on good info the 2023/24 Kenevo SL Will NOT have the new motor ans is only cosmetic changes only , my info came from a well known bike shop.
if that would be true they wont be selling any Kenevos anymore... My bikeshop, also well connected to the big S said it will come with a new motor - same battery.
I would not be surprised (as mentioned in an earlier post) that it comes with a 420 battery... and making the old FF Kenevo redundant - this was however rubbished by my LBS.
And yes... LBS also confirmed the BIG NO from S making the 1.2 compatible with the "up until now' kenevo sl's. Which is a bit of a kick in the groin for us "loyal" owners... who likely bought their bikes during the biggest bike price inflation of the past 50 years.

Last edited:

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
if that would be true they wont be selling any Kenevos anymore... My bikeshop, also well connected to the big S said it will come with a new motor - same battery.
I would not be surprised (as mentioned in an earlier post) that it comes with a 420 battery... and making the old FF Kenevo redundant - this was however rubbished by my LBS.
And yes... LBS also confirmed the BIG NO from S making the 1.2 compatible with the "up until now' kenevo sl's. Which is a bit of a kick in the groin for us "loyal" owners...
Kenevo SL was the first ebike I purchased. Love everything about it except the lack of power when riding with mates who are on Orbea Rises. Ability to upgrade to a new motor would have been great. Won’t be getting a new Kenevo SL though when it does arrive with the more powerful motor.

5irHC

Mar 22, 2021
UK
Had a search of the thread, but couldn't find anything.

For those with an E-Storia, do you find there is a clunking/rattle from the bike on top out? Swapping shocks it goes away, almost feels like the top out spring isn't man enough. Have a storia on my geometron and there is definitely more tension from the negative spring.

samwilk200

Oct 7, 2022
UK
Had a search of the thread, but couldn't find anything.

For those with an E-Storia, do you find there is a clunking/rattle from the bike on top out? Swapping shocks it goes away, almost feels like the top out spring isn't man enough. Have a storia on my geometron and there is definitely more tension from the negative spring.
I have an E-Storia on a FF Kenevo and that does rattle/clunk a bit on top out yes. Its quite noisy on smaller bumps/roots/chatter.

Ribinrobin

Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
The kenevo SL will definetly get the revised motor, but i wont be surprised if they wait till next year to get the most out of the current models, and levo SL2l.

Reactions: Dax

alee56

Jun 14, 2023
Durham
Tempted to try mullet on KSL, but before I order new wheels etc, Ive got a hard tail with a shimano 11spd m7000 cassette is there any chance it would work with the GX stuff on the KSL currently?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles