Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
In my opinion you still can’t beat the Kenevo.

True

IMG_4671.jpeg

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
Just wondering, You guys ever ride dirt bikes? They have a completely different feel through tech trails, there are a couple reasons. Aside from the power ,One is the extra weight, the other is the wheels and tires. I just put together some 27.5 plus wheels and tires, after a couple rides, I think you guys might want to try it. 2.8 Michelins on 40 mm iw rims fit fine. Sub 20 psi and some liners and the bike is unstoppable up and down.
I think I agree with this post more than any other in this thread.

I ride motorcross bikes off-road through the Rocky Mountains, and yes, they are rocky! My motorcross bike has full Factory Connection suspension and it is absolutely unbelievable. I could probably hit a fire hydrant at 35 MPH and hardly notice. I have been searching for this same level of suspension performance, handling, and traction with my 22 Kenevo since I bought it.

For me the solution was the Boxxer 38mm fork with Avalanche dual hybrid coil spring and 27.5 X 2.8 plus tires. This fork smashes through everything with 0 arm pump or hand fatigue and the tires have infinite traction and maintain contact with the trail even when the bike is smashing sideways through rocks and wet tree roots on high speed, off-camber turns. The low tire pressure, wide contact patch, and large side wall conform to the trail and loose rocks perfectly. The high-speed stability is 100%. The cornering, handling and traction are 100%. Just mind blowing. This bike now surfs down the trail auto correcting every mistake and absorbing tree stumps, rocks, and unattended pets without missing a beat.

I have never been even more than 50% satisfied with MTB suspension until now!

Now, I admit, I have 0 experience with 29" wheels / tires. My mind just can't fathom that those skinny little 29er tires will work well on rocks and roots under high cornering loads. I can see that they would climb better and roll better, but no way will I risk changing the perfect configuration that I have now to see what I think about the larger wheels. Great forks and great big tires change everything.

IMG_E5041.JPG
IMG_E5042.JPG

Last edited:

sp00n

Jul 11, 2021
Germany
I though this was a very interesting video

May have to take the plunge.
I've seen that video as well, but cannot find the shock itself anywhere here in Europe (in the correct size). It's even not showing up on the Suntour page itself anymore.

Besides that, has anyone had problems with air shocks breaking due to the Kenevo's long yoke / strut length?
I've been looking for a new affordable shock since my current DVO Topaz T3 Air gen2 has broken multiple times now, it seems to last for 6-12 months before the damper shaft begins to wear down and lose air during riding.
This is the first defect, with very obvious wear:
1716304757664.png

And the second one just now. Not as noticeable, but enough to lose ~15 PSI during a ride:
1716304775091.png

There are a couple of shock recommendations for the Levo in this forum, but the good ones also seem to be the most expensive ones (800 Euros and up).

I don't even need a coil shock, an air shock would be just fine. It just shouldn't break after a couple of months of hard riding. 🙄

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
When the 1st 2020’s came out the coils were breaking so the comp got a dpx2 and the expert got a super deluxe air shocks , I’ve used both and settled with the super deluxe . Not a lot in it but the s deluxe feels more robust .

sp00n

Jul 11, 2021
Germany
I have the DPX2 as well from the 2021 Comp model, which I then swapped for the DVO Topaz. The Topaz is far better performance-wise, but the DPX2 has a 12.7mm steel shaft, so that's probably why they used it.

(Also, the DPX2 has pretty quickly sucked air into the oil, which seems to be a common issue for this shock and an additional reason why I don't just want to revert to it)

I'm currently considering the 2024 Super Deluxe Ultimate Air with Hydrolic Bottom Out. Plus the spherical bearings from DHSign.

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
I am runnig the new RS Vivid with 230x62.5 and it does not hit the sidearm while single trail riding, bottom outs or bigger jumps. I know a guy, where this happens. My Kenevo is a S4 from 2023 as you can see in the post #1411
The Super Deluxe that came with the bike worked well too. It has the LC compression tune.
The aftermarket SD with the L1 compression tune, linear rebound and HBO works really well in my Levo Gen3 and I think it would be a great choice for the Kenevo too.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I just got my ttx22 coil back from tftuned after a service.
I usually get it done yearly but never got around to it last year so it's been 2 years.
It needed a new steel shaft due to scoring. The scores were so fine I wouldn't have even noticed them myself. Certainly nothing like the picture posted above. It's a cheap part though.
I just don't like airshocks. Too much going on in too small a space. Plus I've ended up in hospital for a week when one failed on me, so that additionally taints my view on them.
I really think a spherical bearing would help but tftuned claim a reliable one isn't available.

I was surprised how big the hole is in the centre of the steel shaft.
IMG_20240510_130140__01.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles