Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
It's the new standard. I've seen quite a few busted Marzochi coils but only one rockshox coil snapped on a German website.
I guess specialized have decided air is more suitable, either due to a stronger shaft or more likely to be set up correctly for the riders weight.
I wouldn't want an air shock either. I've never had one last more than 12 months without having the damping fail.

I partly blame specialized for not providing a suitable spring chart for riders weight like they did for the 19 kenevo.
View attachment 46185
View attachment 46186

I would hazard a guess a spring that bottomed hard here!
View attachment 46187
Thanks for you reply,
I will test the air shok an see how it gos

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I thought the same but a friend has it on his and also spoke to tftuned who confirmed it’s ok , it feels the same as stock but stiffens the more it compresses ( obviously ?) . Slowed the rebound down a click or 2 and it’s sweet !

Wookie_73

Dec 6, 2020
UK, Bristol
Kenevo S5 owners

Hi
I have been looking into E MTBs for a while now and have decided to go for a Kenevo. I think it would suit my riding style best as I love DH and jumps etc.
However the S sizing system has me a bit confused. I am 6'3" so on paper I guess I should be going for the S5. However I am thinking as soon as the trail turns from flat out openness it anything twisty and technical the the S5 will just be too long and I the S4 would be a better bet.

This will be a general purpose bike and get used for everything from a DH shuttle to riding around the local (flat) trails in the woods.

Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks Dave

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
Kenevo S5 owners

Hi
I have been looking into E MTBs for a while now and have decided to go for a Kenevo. I think it would suit my riding style best as I love DH and jumps etc.
However the S sizing system has me a bit confused. I am 6'3" so on paper I guess I should be going for the S5. However I am thinking as soon as the trail turns from flat out openness it anything twisty and technical the the S5 will just be too long and I the S4 would be a better bet.

I'm same height and ride a S5. Reach wise I could happily ride either S4 or S5. But pedaling position (top tube length) is not that long on the Kenevo, and S4 would be quite short and cramped. Long reach and chainstays make a nice, central riding position. It's superb climber. I really like S5. I really can't comment on the twisty and technical, other than it just works for me. The boring answer is, you need to try them both.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
MRP progressive coil fitted today.
At about 93kg the stock 550 gave me the required 30% sag but did suffer the occasional harsh bottom out.
With this just tightened enough to stop rattle its just over 30% sag, so pretty much perfect.
Hopefully be dry enough at the weekend to test it.

IMG_20201209_130753.jpg

BrettG

Jul 1, 2020
I ride an S4 and I'm just under 6'2, and I find the seat needs to be moved all the way aft to get enough room for myself, especially on descents. I have a feeling you'd be OK on an S4, but might be better off on an S5.

Kenevo S5 owners

Hi

This will be a general purpose bike and get used for everything from a DH shuttle to riding around the local (flat) trails in the woods.

Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks Dave

Nikolaos Tsivis

Oct 19, 2019
Greece
Good day all!

Anyone installed a Rockshox Reverb Stealth on the 2nd gen Kenevo? I am wondering if the cable loop within the frame will cause any problems to installation/bleeding etc. The wireless option is crazy expensive...

Brgds/Nikolaos Tsivis

Zoot Allures

Sep 17, 2019
West Wales
I ride an S4 and I'm just under 6'2, and I find the seat needs to be moved all the way aft to get enough room for myself, especially on descents. I have a feeling you'd be OK on an S4, but might be better off on an S5.
Just under 6'2" as well. Was originally planning on an S4 but my LBS had both an S4 and S5 made up so I took them both out for a spin and against my expectations preferred the feel of the S5. As others have mentioned, despite the long reach figures, the cockpit is smaller than you'd expect when seated.

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Has anybody swapped the Boxxer fork to a Rockshox Zeb and can provide their thoughts on the performance difference?

Currently toying with the idea.The limited steering lock of the Boxxers annoys me from time to time on the switchbacks.

richysgc

Nov 9, 2020
Sunderland
After months of decision making i finally decided to order myself a kenevo comp today in dove grey from my LBS, not going to be in stock till 19th feb so long wait ahead for me. Cant wait to get it though my first ebike and also a big change from my current trail bike, looking forward to the long travel and growing in to the bike as my riding progresses.

Dustjunky

Nov 11, 2020
Derby
View attachment 41041
My 2020 Kenevo mid transformation. Size S4 with 200mm front and rear.
Going to run a XO1 DH drive train.
Waiting for the rear wheel to be built kind hub with crank brothers synthesis carbon DH rim.
Waiting on axs dropper.
I just wanted to get it rolling to check for clearance, HA and BB Heights.
That’s one nice looking bike dude

Dustjunky

Nov 11, 2020
Derby
Danrodcr , I ride both bikes , in a previous post you will see the mods I did to my kenevo , I did put 29” wheels on it , so it rolls very much like the Levo , it does have a longer wheelbase so if you’re not to good a tech rider you will feel the difference on tight tech trails , but in general I prefer riding the kenevo as it just soaks up anything and rides well on all terrain . The stock kenevo is very low and with a very linear rear end and a coil spring , it peddle strikes everywhere which the Levo doesn’t do much , the Fox 38 and X2 air shock and 29” wheels transformed my Kenevo into a bike Specialized should have produced imho
How do you get a 29 rear wheel to fit mate ?

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
View attachment 41041
My 2020 Kenevo mid transformation. Size S4 with 200mm front and rear.
Going to run a XO1 DH drive train.
Waiting for the rear wheel to be built kind hub with crank brothers synthesis carbon DH rim.
Waiting on axs dropper.
I just wanted to get it rolling to check for clearance, HA and BB Heights.
Nice bike.
what sice is you shock from Cane Greek

Kenebeau

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
Nice bike.
what sice is you shock from Cane Greek
It was originally a 9.5 x 3 but I made a few custom bits for it but cutting the piston shaft by 6mm and re-threading it. To bring it down to 233mm eye to eye. Then using an offset bushings and the flip chip in low got it pretty close to stock geo.

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
It was originally a 9.5 x 3 but I made a few custom bits for it but cutting the piston shaft by 6mm and re-threading it. To bring it down to 233mm eye to eye. Then using an offset bushings and the flip chip in low got it pretty close to stock geo.
Sweet.
i plan on switching my standard shock to a fox but would really like 200mm

FlowDough

Nov 11, 2018
North America
Does anybody know of anywhere to find a new Rock Shox or Fox Kenevo shock for sale in the states? Air or coil. Bike shop can't find anything and I can't find anything online but maybe I'm not searching right.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Motor expired on today’s ride , luckily it started to slip and misfire towards the end of ride but eventually died at the bottom of peaslake village so needed a toe up to hurtwood carpark . It didn’t scream it just lost all power to cranks , so probably the sprag bearing I think ! I got 14 months out of it so can’t grumble !

panaphonic

Apr 24, 2020
New Zealand
Motor expired on today’s ride , luckily it started to slip and misfire towards the end of ride but eventually died at the bottom of peaslake village so needed a toe up to hurtwood carpark . It didn’t scream it just lost all power to cranks , so probably the sprag bearing I think ! I got 14 months out of it so can’t grumble !
My motor died on the weekend. Started losing power when the motor got warm then started making a whir...whir...whir with very little assistance. The shop says it will take a week till I get it back. I think at least 2 weeks.

MX-3-Tom

Jan 4, 2021
Germany / Michigan
Hi folks.
I’ve a 2020 Kenevo Comp w/ a Marzocchi CR Bomber damper. I’d like to swap to a Fox DPX2 230x62.5/65.

Do you have experiences, which bushing size I need to order (Fox OEM or aftermarket)?

Thanks. Tom

Albert-one

Jan 10, 2021
Italia
Hi folks.

I am looking to buy the Kenevo Comp but not sure on the size I would need, I’m 5’ 6” what would you guys recommend.

Cheers

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Hi folks.

I am looking to buy the Kenevo Comp but not sure on the size I would need, I’m 5’ 6” what would you guys recommend.

Cheers
I’m 5.10 on a medium so you could be a small or if you prefer a big bikes go medium !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles