Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

Puks

Feb 15, 2021
Perth Australia
So my LBS are now saying that the headset just came loose and that it’s purely because of my riding style that it happened. The frame has minor flaring but they say it “should” be fine. The bearing isn’t affected. They are so reluctant to submit a warranty claim for some reason and keep telling me it’s not worth it, it’ll get knocked back and that I can’t expect them to help out when I landed a jump and heard a crack. Now...I feel like they are not telling me everything here...like they have their own agenda. Do they get told to try and prevent claims going to Specialized or something?

I bought this bike brand new, last year for nearly $12k aud and also bought my wife a Turbo levo from the same shop. I feel like they should be giving me better service as opposed to....tough shit, that’s a shame, don’t do jumps on your $12k downhill bike.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Might be one of those knock off spesh bikes that were in the news recently !
Edit; joke

Last edited:

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
Does anyone know if I can change the free hub body on the rear hub of my 2020 kenevo to take a Shimano micro spline hub or would I need to replace the whole hub?

My stock cassette has reached the end of the road and I am looking for more range. I would have been happy to buy the Sunrace XD Drive 10-46 cassette but it is out of stock on every single website that I could find. Upgrading to Eagle is an option but I can find the new shimano parts for much cheaper.

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
Does anyone know if I can change the free hub body on the rear hub of my 2020 kenevo to take a Shimano micro spline hub or would I need to replace the whole hub?

My stock cassette has reached the end of the road and I am looking for more range. I would have been happy to buy the Sunrace XD Drive 10-46 cassette but it is out of stock on every single website that I could find. Upgrading to Eagle is an option but I can find the new shimano parts for much cheaper.
DT Swiss makes a three pawl micro spline free hub for the 370

Feb 18, 2021
Central Switzerland
Hey guys, new to the forum. Here's my 2020 Kenevo Comp that I recently upgraded to an Expert+. ? After 5yrs riding a Levo that beast makes me ride steeper, harder and with way more confidence. ?? love it!

536FE7A2-04D0-4A3C-AA22-AAAFCE0BD568.jpeg

CA320

Jun 22, 2020
SoCal
Went from 170mm to 180mm up front while waiting for my 203mm fox 40 I ordered back in October. Sounds like it’s sitting in a shipping container with all the port delays ?
Fox float x2 arrives this week? View attachment 52310
How’s the X2?
I have got to order a shock as my Rockshox coil needs to go in for warranty and still on the fence between purchasing a X2 or DHX2. Both are currently a available to me.

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
How’s the X2?
I have got to order a shock as my Rockshox coil needs to go in for warranty and still on the fence between purchasing a X2 or DHX2. Both are currently a available to me.

I run the X2 and it is awesome. Since you already have a coil it makes more sense to have an air shock so you can change them as desired IMO.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
How’s the X2?
Great timing
First ride with X2 was last night
34 miles, 5300 ft elev. with a mix of rooty, rocky, steep and loamy trail.
also, chunky high speed dry fire road

The x2 performed better than I imagined on the Kenevo. It ate up all the chunk and was poppy on jumps. My feet and knees were enjoying the comfort on fast bumpy stuff.

I mean I’ve had the same x2 on my levo sl for a while now but for some reason the performance upgrade is really noticeable on the Kenevo. Maybe it’s because i went from coil to air.

even though the canister cleared the frame on an s4 I did end up filing the frame just a little bit. I checked the shock after the ride and there is no rub. I also went with a 62.5 stroke since Fox was making the change for me.
E0B9262A-6264-4284-9B71-4AA29B5FC7E5.jpeg

CA320

Jun 22, 2020
SoCal
Great timing
First ride with X2 was last night
34 miles, 5300 ft elev. with a mix of rooty, rocky, steep and loamy trail.
also, chunky high speed dry fire road

The x2 performed better than I imagined on the Kenevo. It ate up all the chunk and was poppy on jumps. My feet and knees were enjoying the comfort on fast bumpy stuff.

I mean I’ve had the same x2 on my levo sl for a while now but for some reason the performance upgrade is really noticeable on the Kenevo. Maybe it’s because i went from coil to air.

even though the canister cleared the frame on an s4 I did end up filing the frame just a little bit. I checked the shock after the ride and there is no rub. I also went with a 62.5 stroke since Fox was making the change for me.
View attachment 53501
What i wanted to hear.

My X2 arrives Tuesday.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
My marz cr coil blew for the 3rd time on Saturday a which was quite a coincidence as was just about to buy a RS deluxe ultimate air shock. Now I’m looking at a DPX2 on warranty, are they any good ?
I’ve asked for the X2 and pay the difference but no can do !

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
My marz cr coil blew for the 3rd time on Saturday a which was quite a coincidence as was just about to buy a RS deluxe ultimate air shock. Now I’m looking at a DPX2 on warranty, are they any good ?
I’ve asked for the X2 and pay the difference but no can do !
I have DPX2 with longer stroke (65), haven't ridden much, but feels good and nimble.

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
I see a lot of bikes with the X2 but have not heard much feedback in regards to the Rockox Super Deluxe air. Does anyone have any feedback on the Rockshox air or is the Fox X2 the way to go?

I love the coil feel on nasty tech and basically everywhere TBH, but I bottom out hard on drops bigger than a meter and on jumps to flat and am looking for a solution. I am fat and already running a 650lbs coil so not much room to play with there. If I could just get some ramp up at the end of the stroke I would be happy.

On another note, does anyone have any experience with re-valving a coil shock for more ramp up? Not sure which way to go right now and any help would be appreciated.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I was recommended the RS ultimate with the megneg can , slot cheaper !
Also have used a cane creek progressive spring on the cr shock which is a very good upgrade ?

Steyoner

Feb 20, 2021
Portugal
I thought about doing this but in the end the cost versus performance difference didn't stack up. I'm instead just going to change to the new fox 38 bike which is due out next month. I could probably get the s works model for the increased spend.
what new bike are we expecting with fox 38? I am days from ordering a kenevo comp, really would be nice to know if a new ones coming out.

Steyoner

Feb 20, 2021
Portugal
hello!Ii am really close to make a deal on a 2021 comp, but i am reading so much things about reliability of e-bikes those days, and as it will be my only bike (roadie don´t count), i would like to know if they spend that much time in LBS, or just a matter of luck ?
I was looking for various options , but the kenevo is at the moment the only one that i like.

Frirish

Aug 19, 2020
Carlow, Ireland
2 different bikes apparently.

Ones a kind of levo and the other looks like a turbo enduro SL.
Oh excellent. Be very curious to see the Enduro type one and how it compare to my Kenevo!

hello!Ii am really close to make a deal on a 2021 comp, but i am reading so much things about reliability of e-bikes those days, and as it will be my only bike (roadie don´t count), i would like to know if they spend that much time in LBS, or just a matter of luck ?
I was looking for various options , but the kenevo is at the moment the only one that i like.
I guess those who had problems are usually louder than those who did not, and it's normal seeing how much these bikes cost!
I had zero issue, my riding buddy also have a Kenevo Comp with no issues. Just hope it stays like this for a long time!
I am glad I went from my Mega to this Kenevo. I already loved mountainbiking and enduro type riding, and now enjoy it even more! Going eBike hasn't restricted any of my abilities, but opened up new one with more down per session and big fun on technical ups !

Steyoner

Feb 20, 2021
Portugal
I guess those who had problems are usually louder than those who did not, and it's normal seeing how much these bikes cost!
I had zero issue, my riding buddy also have a Kenevo Comp with no issues. Just hope it stays like this for a long time!
I am glad I went from my Mega to this Kenevo. I already loved mountainbiking and enduro type riding, and now enjoy it even more! Going eBike hasn't restricted any of my abilities, but opened up new one with more down per session and big fun on technical ups !

Thank you for the feedback.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles