Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
hello!Ii am really close to make a deal on a 2021 comp, but i am reading so much things about reliability of e-bikes those days, and as it will be my only bike (roadie don´t count), i would like to know if they spend that much time in LBS, or just a matter of luck ?
I was looking for various options , but the kenevo is at the moment the only one that i like.
Levo and Kenovo have probably been sold together as much as all the other brands combined. Certainly then even more bugs/fails will be complained about in the forums.
And most probably because of the humidity or riding only with turbo mode, you in Portugal should have no worries :)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I dont think the Levo and Kenevo have sold anything like as much as the other brands combined - they are a popular choice, but expensive bikes with a limited market, the majority of EMTB's sold are at lower price points, with the number of Bosch and Shimano motored bikes out there far outstripping Brose - I would be surprised if they even accounted for 10% of EMTB sales.

If you look at the results of Ebike-Mtb's reader poll from 2020 (13,500 responses) you can see that Specilized accounted for 16% of ownership. The most in use motor by far was the Bosch with 42%.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 21.59.31.png

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Just wondering if anyone else has smashed the bottom bracket hard enough or often enough to break the lowest edge of the battery case? My Kenevo is now missing a big chunk out of it battery case. Its not from hucking to flat on anything huge or anything else a bike should not be able to absorb (suspension wise) but from the bike's inherent low BB design. I guess I will have to learn how to be lighter on my wheels.
Since there is a big chunk missing, I would like to replace that part of the battery case. Has anyone done that? Cost? part number? I hope you don't have to buy and entire battery!
bb3.jpg

bb1.jpg
bb2.jpg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Just wondering if anyone else has smashed the bottom bracket hard enough or often enough to break the lowest edge of the battery case? My Kenevo is now missing a big chunk out of it battery case. Its not from hucking to flat on anything huge or anything else a bike should not be able to absorb (suspension wise) but from the bike's inherent low BB design. I guess I will have to learn how to be lighter on my wheels.
Since there is a big chunk missing, I would like to replace that part of the battery case. Has anyone done that? Cost? part number? I hope you don't have to buy and entire battery! View attachment 54289
View attachment 54290 View attachment 54291
Cracked my old Kenevo battery protector trying to be a hero attempting some trials work coming out of a trail. Lesson learnt!
You can buy the protector on it’s own for about $100 Aussie. Easy to replace

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
Since there is a big chunk missing, I would like to replace that part of the battery case. Has anyone done that? Cost? part number? I hope you don't have to buy and entire battery! View attachment 54289
View attachment 54290 View attachment 54291
Yep done that! Solution to the problem: SPECIALIZED - ROCKGUARDZ
This piece has paid for itself 20 times with all the damage it has taken. Still going strong 10 months in.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
@bushkila Thanks for help in finding the battery cover case. I find it to be a tad ironic that someone at Specialized called a piece of thin, honeycomb plastic, a ROCKGUARD kit. Then again, we all ride in different places around the world and I guess its not a high impact spot for many. After finding out what the part was called, the LBS 2 hours away, has 13 in stock. They must know something...

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I put on this protection , does a good job and looks ok !
I received my DPX2 shock yesterday and took it for a little test , nothing extreme but some steep bumpy bits .
It feels very stable and grounded and seems a good match with the 38 zeb up front , feeling good about this shock . Will fully abuse it on the weekend with a proper ride !
looks nice on bike too ☺️

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I put on this protection , does a good job and looks ok !
I received my DPX2 shock yesterday and took it for a little test , nothing extreme but some steep bumpy bits .
It feels very stable and grounded and seems a good match with the 38 zeb up front , feeling good about this shock . Will fully abuse it on the weekend with a proper ride !
looks nice on bike too ☺

How is that battery protector attached?

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
It doesn't look like its attached to the motor bolts, only to the battery mount bolt. I would have some concerns about an impact transferring the energy into the the battery mount bolt though or still impacting the rounded end of the battery cover in only one place (the bracket looks flat and not shaped to the actual shape of the curved shape of the battery cover) . On the next Kenevo model, I would like to see a proper aluminum skid plate, with multiple attachment points or maybe a higher bottom bracket.
Kenevo Levo Skid plate.jpg

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
If you hit it with a rock hard enough to break a 8/10mm bolt then without the guard you would’ve destroyed your motor/battery covers ! It’s not bombproof ☺
They give you foam for a snug fit .

Bogo

Mar 5, 2021
Slovenia
I have Kenevo comp, but I realy like RockShox Boxxer Select RC fork from Expert. So, if somebody remove this original fork, I am willing to buy it.

Kenevo-Dan

Jan 14, 2021
Reading, UK
Has anyone used both ewilds and DH22 on a Kenevo? Current running ewilds 2.8 which have been great for winter slop and snow but considering the DH22 now it’s starting to dry out ?

Frirish

Aug 19, 2020
Carlow, Ireland
Has anyone used both ewilds and DH22 on a Kenevo? Current running ewilds 2.8 which have been great for winter slop and snow but considering the DH22 now it’s starting to dry out ?
I am considering the new Wild AM2 and waiting for more reviews on it. I always been a Maxxis, and Michelin look good too.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
After riding my wife's Levo SL around for the last couple of months, I think I have decided to drop out of the K club. If you know anyone who wants a lightly used 2020 Kenevo, which will be put back to stock with the Boxxer fork (includes an Avalanche damper), let me know.
IMG_20210313_171123_202.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
After riding my wife's Levo SL around for the last couple of months, I think I have decided to drop out of the K club. If you know anyone who wants a lightly used 2020 Kenevo, which will be put back to stock with the Boxxer fork (includes an Avalanche damper), let me know. View attachment 55652
It’s something that has to be experienced to understand.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
I've just bought a used 2020 Kenevo Comp and I'm writing here because I'm surprised by the limited range I'm getting from the 500Wh std battery. The bike has 600km on it, Battery health is 100% and the software is updated to the last firmware.
I'm an avid biker of 79 kg with and FTP of 300 watt and I regularly do weekend rides of 40/70 km with elevation gain of 1500/2500 m+ with my XC or Enduro bike ( the difference between the two bikes is of course is the avg speed of the ride..).
I bought the Knevo, as an additional MTB, to do "lunch rides" and "recovery rides" where my Avg Power is below 200watt but I can still ride very steep terrain and doing fun downhill laps as quick as possible.

These are yesterday ride stat:

Duration: 1h18'
Distance: 23.41 km
Elevation: 787m
Avg Support: 174%
Tot Consumption: 336 Wh
Normalized Power output of rider: 177 w ( Avg 136 watt)
Assistance level approx 60% Trail and 40% Turbo with standard MC setting

Sound this normal to you, Kenevo owners?
It means that in 100% Turbo I can do approximately 1000 m elev+ and 1 hour/1 hour 30' long ride?
Is it normal that with high level of assistance on steep terrain I can drain a 500 wh battery in 25km and approx 1 hour?

Thank you for sharing your experience!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles