North Wales Trip

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Planning a North Wales trip for the end of August. Have done south wales a few times now so looking for some new rides. Will have 3 days with the ebike and hopefully 2 batteries by then to cram in as much as I can. Probably a few trail centre rides and hopefully a couple of others incl Snowdon (weather permitting). Think I've found camping with everything below within 30-60mins drive just outside Bala.

On my list so far is;
Day 1 - Llandegla followed by Worlds End Trail
Day 2 - Snowdon (early AM) then Penmachno or Gwydir Mawr
Day 3 - Coed Y Brenin with a possible stop somewhere (Cannock/Afan etc) on the way back depending on route taken.

Going to save Antur Stiniog/Revolution bike parks for another trip with my enduro rather than ebike but are there any other highlights I should swap in? Don't mind a decent XC ride so long as it's single track focussed and not fire roads.

Also, anyone got a good Komoot or GPX file for Worlds End Trail with details of where to park up?

RickS

Sep 30, 2018
Wrexham
Planning a North Wales trip for the end of August. Have done south wales a few times now so looking for some new rides. Will have 3 days with the ebike and hopefully 2 batteries by then to cram in as much as I can. Probably a few trail centre rides and hopefully a couple of others incl Snowdon (weather permitting). Think I've found camping with everything below within 30-60mins drive just outside Bala.

On my list so far is;
Day 1 - Llandegla followed by Worlds End Trail
Day 2 - Snowdon (early AM) then Penmachno or Gwydir Mawr
Day 3 - Coed Y Brenin with a possible stop somewhere (Cannock/Afan etc) on the way back depending on route taken.

Going to save Antur Stiniog/Revolution bike parks for another trip with my enduro rather than ebike but are there any other highlights I should swap in? Don't mind a decent XC ride so long as it's single track focussed and not fire roads.

Also, anyone got a good Komoot or GPX file for Worlds End Trail with details of where to park up?
Park in llandegla and go off piste.. So many trails around world's end

Stanpipe

Jun 12, 2020
Isle of Wight - UK
Much prefer Gwydir Mawr to Penmachno. Also recommend Cwm Carn over Afan. If you do the Twrch Trail until you pop out at the road that takes you up to DH trail, climb this road and there’s loads of off piste stuff to your left. Just shuttle back up and go again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles