Trail Centre: Dalby Forest, North Yorkshire, UK

philuk

Jun 22, 2021
North Yorkshire UK
section 3-4 i think it is, is closed and there is a bypass put in place. Makes for an interesting climb! We were there last saturday and they have laid down loads of wood chippings to try and give some grip but there is a still a part thats pure mud.

Good Fun and a reward if you make it to the top without stopping!

I think I'll be going up saturday so sunday might be a no go for me.

Ive seen you van there a couple of times Jay, Were always in my crafter camper conversion so we can get all 3 bikes in the back. Probably blends into the sea of black and silver in the car park!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
section 3-4 i think it is, is closed and there is a bypass put in place. Makes for an interesting climb! We were there last saturday and they have laid down loads of wood chippings to try and give some grip but there is a still a part thats pure mud.

Ive seen you van there a couple of times Jay, Were always in my crafter camper conversion so we can get all 3 bikes in the back. Probably blends into the sea of black and silver in the car park!

Yeah that diversion turned into a right sloppy stinker of a climb before they laid the wood chips. The fences are down now though (knocked down by wind 😉 ) so the usual route is also rideable as long as you can hop over a few branches

It’s Saturday we’re meeting up not Sunday so you’re welcome to join us too

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire

Yea i love it there & local for me. Yep there is lots of VW’s there 😂

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Great group ride today at Dalby. Thanks for making the effort to drive down @The EMF , glad you enjoyed yourself. Hope your shoulder isn’t too sore tomorrow morning!

1640E968-6A47-49D7-BBCB-5EC2B564D820.jpeg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Came to a very abrupt stop with a combination of head and shoulder ( not the shampoo)

it was actually quite a nasty fall, you were quite lucky, could have been much worse. Must have been at least 8ft to the ground from heat height

philuk

Jun 22, 2021
North Yorkshire UK
so it turns out I think we passed you at the very top end! I think Jay said it must of been you guys. I had just slammed my foot down so needed a minute to try and regroup myself!

I was on the rail and my friend was on his Grey Vitus.

After getting home i had a nice hot bath and then sunday morning was spent in A&E because i couldnt put weight on it. Just soft tissue damage apparenty unless the Orthopedic doctor sees anything otherwise! So plenty of rest now :/

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
so it turns out I think we passed you at the very top end! I think Jay said it must of been you guys. I had just slammed my foot down so needed a minute to try and regroup myself!

I was on the rail and my friend was on his Grey Vitus.

After getting home i had a nice hot bath and then sunday morning was spent in A&E because i couldnt put weight on it. Just soft tissue damage apparenty unless the Orthopedic doctor sees anything otherwise! So plenty of rest now :/
Hope it's not to serious pal & you miss to much biking. You will have to come with us next time (y)

philuk

Jun 22, 2021
North Yorkshire UK
Hope it's not to serious pal & you miss to much biking. You will have to come with us next time (y)

If im totally honest mate if id realised it was you guys we would of probably hung about!

I was too busy focusing through the pain. Got a good few PB on that run though! Deffo loosing concentration by the end though!

Its feeling loads better today already. Might just be a week off and then try it steady the week after. Supposed to be going to Hamsterly that weekend so I need it better by then!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
@philuk ..
You had me looking at the rideout section just there to see if you had posted ..but you aren't on our little trip ( just yet? )
I'd better explain that we have a ride going ahead at Hamsterley on the 27th November ..which coincides with your visit ?
A few of the folks you met at the weekend will be heading up ..Tubb's, Lou, The EMF ..to be joined by Whitby Chris Tonybro & myself ..not sure if Drew or Jaimie are coming ..but we would be more than happy if you wanted to join us ..?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
@philuk ..
You had me looking at the rideout section just there to see if you had posted ..but you aren't on our little trip ( just yet? )
I'd better explain that we have a ride going ahead at Hamsterley on the 27th November ..which coincides with your visit ?
A few of the folks you met at the weekend will be heading up ..Tubb's, Lou, The EMF ..to be joined by Whitby Chris Tonybro & myself ..not sure if Drew or Jaimie are coming ..but we would be more than happy if you wanted to join us ..?

We ended up at Hamsterley yesterday. It’s running great, nice n dry. Lou had another tumble though, due to gaining confidence, speed, popping off drops and narrowly avoiding a head on with a tree! Caught it on GoPro, let’s see if I can share it without uploading to YouTube …

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
We ended up at Hamsterley yesterday. It’s running great, nice n dry. Lou had another tumble though, due to gaining confidence, speed, popping off drops and narrowly avoiding a head on with a tree! Caught it on GoPro, let’s see if I can share it without uploading to YouTube …

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
@philuk ..
Will see what the work load is like (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles