Norco VLT Bikes 2022

NotSoSikMik

EXT Official Dealer
Jun 18, 2021
USA
Thanks Beer man. I ran the ride allingned app and came up with a 600 lbs spring. I guess I can just order a 600 lbs spring from Rockshox and I should be good or how much is an EXT spring of the same stroke length?

Cheers
Yeah no worries, running your numbers you provided in the ride aligned link on our calculator I think 600lbs should work pretty well for you. I am about 195lbs on a 575 and it is pretty good, probably even going to drop down to 550. Our Standard weight V2 Springs (available 225-600 in 25lb increments) are $132 and Heavy Duty (650, 700, 750 & 800) are $147.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
This bike is cursed, now the dropper post has died.

I suppose that's what warranty is for, but I'm at about 50% ride ending mechanical s at the moment.

Beer Man

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
Ok I'm having issues with this bike.

It will shut off itself and then not restart (as if the charge cover is open) the steps logo will flash on the screen then nothing.

Battery has charge left. It did it to me last weekend after only 1 bar of use.

Only solution I have is charging it again makes it good.

Any ideas? Really annoying.

I'm thinking it could be the power button been faulty.
Did you get this problem sorted? How about the seat post?

Avyoung

Nov 28, 2018
Canada
Thanks Beer man. I ran the ride allingned app and came up with a 600 lbs spring. I guess I can just order a 600 lbs spring from Rockshox and I should be good or how much is an EXT spring of the same stroke length?

Cheers

I really like the Sprindex adjustable springs if you like to fine tune. In the end, for the VLT Range 2022 I liked a progressive spring by MRP the best. It is supple in the beginning of the stroke but ramps up to control bottom out better. Moving to progressive spring makes the suspension more poppy as well, but increases feedback to medium sized chunk. If you are bottoming out harshly and but want a softer initial feel if you are trying to match the front, I do recommend considering a progressive rear spring.

Avyoung

Nov 28, 2018
Canada
This bike is cursed, now the dropper post has died.

I suppose that's what warranty is for, but I'm at about 50% ride ending mechanical s at the moment.

Oh man that is frustrating. I had a couple of niggly things to sort with this bike but once those were gone its been smooth sailing. Oh hot tip is to secure the bottom rubber bash guard better: Norco has used double sided tape/adhesive. I lost mine.

If you figure a way to secure it better please post! I have yet to put on the replacement piece.

Avyoung

Nov 28, 2018
Canada
Good stuff, as long as you know the start and finish leverage point it should be quite straightforward (3.15/2.45) The LR is almost a perfect straight line too so shock tuning should be effecient and more importantly provide ultimate performance.

The Fox DHX2 tune provided by Norco was spot on IMO, even the adjustment reccomendations were within a click of perfection. Having ridden EXT shocks for a while now, I'll be keen to get an E-Storia when the tune is complete. It could do with the tiniest bit more bottom out support. Norco really did kill it with this kinematic, I get to ride a lot of different bikes, this one has the best kinematic of any bike I've ridden that wasn't a DH bike.

I dream of getting an EXT shock! How does it behave compared to Rockshox or Fox? Does the Hydraulic bottom out really help that much?

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
Did you get this problem sorted? How about the seat post?

Still no idea with the intermittent fault.

I lodged the post, got told 2 month wait. Thankfully my good friend owns a bike shop, He's loaned me a fox 200mm transfer :)

It would now appear the DHX2 is failing, oil mixing with air behind the IFP. I can't win with this bike lol.

Swiftdaddy

Aug 14, 2021
Still no idea with the intermittent fault.

I lodged the post, got told 2 month wait. Thankfully my good friend owns a bike shop, He's loaned me a fox 200mm transfer :)

It would now appear the DHX2 is failing, oil mixing with air behind the IFP. I can't win with this bike lol.

that’s rough man. Still waiting on mine to show up. Did you sort the DHX2? Any update with the electrical issue?

Beer Man

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
What was happening exactly?
When you push the power, the display turns on with (Shimano Steps) and turns off in a few seconds.
No problems with the bike until now, no codes or shut downs. Its my first ebike so don't know what usually happens.
I new there would be issues, but 3 months seems a little silly.

Beer Man

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
My shop found a problem with the main battery and charging plug. Picked the bike up yesterday, and took it for a ride.
All is good:). At least it was not to serious.

BowenTheSheep

Dec 14, 2021
Australia
Has anyone found a good way get the headset to sit right as you tighten the stem? It's such a damn hassle having it flopping back and forth, basically a four-hand job - two to hold the fork and frame together, and one to tighten the stem and top cap.

BowenTheSheep

Dec 14, 2021
Australia
When you push the power, the display turns on with (Shimano Steps) and turns off in a few seconds.
No problems with the bike until now, no codes or shut downs. Its my first ebike so don't know what usually happens.
I new there would be issues, but 3 months seems a little silly.
I've had this problem too, first try removing and reseating the power plug, and if that fails try pressing the button on the battery (you can do it without removing it by gently reaching in with the multitool, when the battery indicator lights up green, reconnect the power plug, and try wiggling it around a little and pressing it in firmly until the bike turns itself on (like it usually does after charging)

Will I Am

Mar 3, 2022
BC
Bigfoot will get 900wh battery option and 27.5 fat tires.
seems that everything is a bit of a secret on this new machine but maybe slowly evolving from rumour/speculation to actually a misprint?/rumour/speculation….it would be great to see an improvement on what may be the biggest oversight in the previous years
28078408-2BD7-4431-AE8C-07087EB6A840.jpeg

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
seems that everything is a bit of a secret on this new machine but maybe slowly evolving from rumour/speculation to actually a misprint?/rumour/speculation….it would be great to see an improvement on what may be the biggest oversight in the previous years
View attachment 83226

Wow, is that $6299 plus the battery or battery included?
If it's not included that's pretty crazy that a hardtail emtb would cost basically $7450 plus tax with the cheapest battery option.

Will I Am

Mar 3, 2022
BC
I was wondering why the price had dropped when I dropped my deposit a couple months ago…I’ve seen the 2021 model for $6899 at some websites….a removable battery will definitely make for a much more convenient situation. I’m thinking the Covid tax will not be going away on anything going forward

Daz7

Feb 6, 2019
Sydney, Australia
Well.... After months and months looking at bikes I've put a deposit down on a Range A2 with 900w battery this week. It's supposed to be rocking up this week sometime, fingers crossed.

Swiftdaddy

Aug 14, 2021
Hey guys, after months of waiting I am cancelling my preorder. I had bought ridewrap for my Large Norco Range VLT A2. If you are interested I will sell it to you for cheap. Ridewrap would not take it back and I have no need for it obviously. Let me know.. Thanks!

BowenTheSheep

Dec 14, 2021
Australia
Hey, so as some of you may know I have a Range VLT A1, and I've just discovered something distressing. So I went to reroute some of my cables, and the housings inside the internal routing are *Impossibly* tight.

I'm australian, and so I have rear brake left, so the rear brake and the dropper post are routed through the same side. I went to adjust my dropper cable housing and it was so tight I couldn't actually move it. it would go into the grommet at the top of the tube fine, but appeared to just be bunching inside. To get it to slide up through my seat tube I had to use a pair of long pliers and pull with a huge amount of effort to get it to come out. I'm sure it's doing damage to the housing inside, there's just way too much friction there.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? Is this normal for this frame, or is it something I need to look at and address? Possibly it was routed wrong from the factory and needs to be fixed? I'm just concerned that when it comes time to change the housing it will be impossible to get the new one through without having to take the whole frame apart.

BowenTheSheep

Dec 14, 2021
Australia
I replaced my dropper cable housing and rear brake hose. You will be taking the whole frame apart.

Damn, so it really is that tight. That's frustrating. I noticed that the dropper housing is so tight that when I move my post up to put it on a workstand it brings the cable with it, so the housing end isn't even where it's supposed to be. Maybe I'll reroute the brake down one side and the dropper/shifter down the other, leave a bit of breathing room...

Jhagst

Dec 31, 2021
California Bay Area
Great looking Range! Did you swap out the stock tires? Got my Range (first e-bike) in November and have just over 1300 kilometers on it now. It has been great.
i did change the tires and add cushcore to the rear. I found the Assegai’s had more rolling resistance than the Schwalbe’s.
This is my 6th Ebike, my last being a Trek Rail. I sure miss that Bosch motor, it would absolutely destroy this EP8.

BowenTheSheep

Dec 14, 2021
Australia
i did change the tires and add cushcore to the rear. I found the Assegai’s had more rolling resistance than the Schwalbe’s.
This is my 6th Ebike, my last being a Trek Rail. I sure miss that Bosch motor, it would absolutely destroy this EP8.

Have you connected your motor to etube ride? Shimano for some reason defaults to a lower power profile

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles