Norco VLT Bikes 2022

Beer Man

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
I'm in the Vancouver area too. These bikes are definitely on the heavy side. My bike scale only goes to 50lbs. It reads error when I tried to weigh it. Its my first ebike so I have nothing to compare it to, but all my eeeb buddies told me to get the biggest baddest ebike I could because the weight just did not matter. As you know we have more than enough chunky trail out here, and this thing eats them up.

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
My carbon Levo was 48 lb and my aluminum is 50 lb. How can the Norco be 10 lbs heavier?

NotSoSikMik

EXT Official Dealer
Jun 18, 2021
USA
My carbon Levo was 48 lb and my aluminum is 50 lb. How can the Norco be 10 lbs heavier?
There are a ton of factors. First you have to look at builds. What fork, shock and battery size are on your bike? My size large sight weighs 55 with a coil shock, Maxxis Assegai DD tires and 900wh battery, so not exactly 10lbs heavier. Also the Norco's are big ass bikes, they have a 462mm chain stay. I really like the approach they took with the geo and overall approach. They are trying to make the adventure bike with a big battery and range. Why try to make it something it is not? Embrace that it is a beast and just make it super planted. Maybe they will try to do an "sl" style bike in the future and go that route though.

Beer Man

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
I,m not sure if it's 60lbs, but it has to be close. I have to say comparing the new norco to some of my buddies ebikes, it does seem over built but in a good way. Mines a large with 720wh battery, heavy tires, brakes.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
Ordered an A1 Range in XL, be here in a couple of weeks.

Really hoping it's not too "big" the 505 reach doesn't worry me, it's the 1336mm wheelbase!

I'm 6'1, so I'm on that border of L & XL. I suppose it's easier to make a bigger bike smaller (stem, seat position) than the other way round which I'm doing on my current bike (too small)

Looking forward to getting it, the spec looks good but I think I will blow that rear wheel up in 2-3 rides, I'll put my Fox 38 factory fork on.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
well it turned up, threw my 38's and Deity bars from my old bike on it, absolutely perfect bike. Little heavy but stability in spades!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
Got a proper ride in on this thing, holy crap what a bike. It rides way better than what the geo would suggest, I never noticed the long wheelbase in a negative way at all, this bike climbs like nothing else also with a lot less effort. I did 820m of vertical and used 1 bar (720Wh battery)

Very impressed with it. The rear suspension is excellent. Although it is extremely heavy, once rolling you forget about it.

If you have been considering one, dont procrastinate, I ride a lot of different different bikes... this is the real deal. If it was rubbish I'd tell you.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
Very Nice!!
Where are these plastic guards on the downtube from?
I am getting my Sight VLT A1 in a few days and I don't think these comes with it.

My buddy got a sight and his didn't come with it, seems only the range gets the pads.

Been riding this thing a lot, a few small issues and one really annoying one.

small:
- The protective pads basically fell off, luckily they were still attached (barely) and I reglued them.
- I've broken the ep8 engine cover already due to a rock strike
- cable management on this bike is terrible, I'm slowly making it better however.
- the rear wheel is pretty crap (ethirteen DH) and is looking tired. However I knew this wheel would be almost a consumable

really annoying:
- So the charge port cover, it actually completes the circuit for the bike. You will notice it will turn the bike on if you close the port after charging. So I was tuning the gears, bike was all fine. I let it off the stand with a thud from about 1ft up or so and went to take it for a ride to test my handy work, bike would get the steps logo, but then turn off. I went through the whole bike wiring thinking it was a connection issue (which it ended up been) and even connected it to the diagnostic laptop etc. All showed ok.

In the end, it was the charge port cover slightly dislodging due to the impact. I spent 3 hours troubleshooting for that lol! Luckily it has not done it on a ride. But keep that in mind if you have the same issue.

But for the good, this bike is incredible. It is so supple, stable and confidence inspiring. I have never felt such controlled rear suspension. The bikes geometry numbers don't reflect how it feels in tight single track, it is fine! It's big but doesnt feel it. The climbing ability of this bike is also incredible.

In short, I'm very happy, but been a few tiny quality control things too.

NotSoSikMik

EXT Official Dealer
Jun 18, 2021
USA
Very nice, I presume you have a tune for these then? My inputs have landed this bike at 22.2% progressive. If you would like to trade data feel free to PM me, I have reverse engineered the whole kinematic.
Going to be working on dialing in the tune in the next month or so. Where I am at we have several feet of snow on the ground but will be making my way south soon for testing with the motion instruments equipment. However, based on what we know from the Arma on there before I think we should have a pretty good base starting point.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
Going to be working on dialing in the tune in the next month or so. Where I am at we have several feet of snow on the ground but will be making my way south soon for testing with the motion instruments equipment. However, based on what we know from the Arma on there before I think we should have a pretty good base starting point.

Good stuff, as long as you know the start and finish leverage point it should be quite straightforward (3.15/2.45) The LR is almost a perfect straight line too so shock tuning should be effecient and more importantly provide ultimate performance.

The Fox DHX2 tune provided by Norco was spot on IMO, even the adjustment reccomendations were within a click of perfection. Having ridden EXT shocks for a while now, I'll be keen to get an E-Storia when the tune is complete. It could do with the tiniest bit more bottom out support. Norco really did kill it with this kinematic, I get to ride a lot of different bikes, this one has the best kinematic of any bike I've ridden that wasn't a DH bike.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
Ok I'm having issues with this bike.

It will shut off itself and then not restart (as if the charge cover is open) the steps logo will flash on the screen then nothing.

Battery has charge left. It did it to me last weekend after only 1 bar of use.

Only solution I have is charging it again makes it good.

Any ideas? Really annoying.

I'm thinking it could be the power button been faulty.

NotSoSikMik

EXT Official Dealer
Jun 18, 2021
USA
My only guess would be bad connection from the charger cover plug. That is the only time I have seen it do exactly what you are describing.

Grossman

Jan 12, 2022
kelowna
I have a deposit on a Lg Range VLT C2 that comes with a 500lbs spring. I'm 5' 10", 215lbs with gear and tend to plow and currently have a Ripmo AF with a 550lbs spring on a Jade X that's perfect. Just wondering if anyone thinks I should ask the bike shop about swapping that spring out? Cheers.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
I have a deposit on a Lg Range VLT C2 that comes with a 500lbs spring. I'm 5' 10", 215lbs with gear and tend to plow and currently have a Ripmo AF with a 550lbs spring on a Jade X that's perfect. Just wondering if anyone thinks I should ask the bike shop about swapping that spring out? Cheers.

put your height and weight into the Norco ride aligned website

You will be a 600lb spring.

it will give you correct spring rate and damper settings. I am a complete suspension nerd and the suggested settings are spot on.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
My only guess would be bad connection from the charger cover plug. That is the only time I have seen it do exactly what you are describing.

I reseated the plug numerous times. Only fix is putting it on the charger. It's so frustrating. Ruining rides.

Beer Man

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
I found the Ride Aligned set up damn near perfect for my Range, as far as the suspension set up went.
I did install a 35mm rise bar 800mm wide though. My shop had a tough time finding a 650 spring for my bike ( I'm a wee bit heavier), so it might be better to let them deal with it.

Avyoung

Nov 28, 2018
Canada
Ok I'm having issues with this bike.

It will shut off itself and then not restart (as if the charge cover is open) the steps logo will flash on the screen then nothing.

Battery has charge left. It did it to me last weekend after only 1 bar of use.

Only solution I have is charging it again makes it good.

Any ideas? Really annoying

I'm thinking it could be the power button been faulty.

I had this problem. I blow the both receiving and inserting ends of the plug with my compressor air. Magnetic dust and rocks get jammed in there and prevent good connection. I have a compressor in my garage to inflate tubeless tires, but I use it to blow out brake dust and dirt/water off the bikes after every ride! Highly recommended!

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
I had this problem. I blow the both receiving and inserting ends of the plug with my compressor air. Magnetic dust and rocks get jammed in there and prevent good connection. I have a compressor in my garage to inflate tubeless tires, but I use it to blow out brake dust and dirt/water off the bikes after every ride! Highly recommended!

Thanks I'll give it a try, I suppose charging it might dislodge the crap on the connections too.

I have a compressor, but I think one of those "air in a can" things might be a bit easier/portable.

NotSoSikMik

EXT Official Dealer
Jun 18, 2021
USA
I found the Ride Aligned set up damn near perfect for my Range, as far as the suspension set up went.
I did install a 35mm rise bar 800mm wide though. My shop had a tough time finding a 650 spring for my bike ( I'm a wee bit heavier), so it might be better to let them deal with it.

If you still need a spring we have 650, 700, 750 and 800lb in stock currently that will work with most shocks on the market.

Grossman

Jan 12, 2022
kelowna
put your height and weight into the Norco ride aligned website

You will be a 600lb spring.

it will give you correct spring rate and damper settings. I am a complete suspension nerd and the suggested settings are spot on.
Thanks Brash. I ran the ride allingned too and came up with the same numbers. I guess I can just order a 600 lbs spring from Rockshox and I should be good.

Cheers

Grossman

Jan 12, 2022
kelowna
If you still need a spring we have 650, 700, 750 and 800lb in stock currently that will work with most shocks on the market.
Thanks Beer man. I ran the ride allingned app and came up with a 600 lbs spring. I guess I can just order a 600 lbs spring from Rockshox and I should be good or how much is an EXT spring of the same stroke length?

Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles