• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

No errors tuning chip for Bosch gen 4 motor

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
So guys, please recommend some tuning chips who can wash away the 25km/h restriction and you realy know to work without giving errors and who can be activated - deactivated very easy every time you want. The 25km/h it's ok but not for long rides on a flat roads. That's why i want a tuning chip who can be very easy to instal and to be activated -deactivated with a push of a buton or something.

lezuzlak

Feb 11, 2021
Hungary
So guys, please recommend some tuning chips who can wash away the 25km/h restriction and you realy know to work without giving errors and who can be activated - deactivated very easy every time you want. The 25km/h it's ok but not for long rides on a flat roads. That's why i want a tuning chip who can be very easy to instal and to be activated -deactivated with a push of a buton or something.

hey!
volspeed v3, set it around 35kmh

• Agree
Reactions: JMD

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Thank you ! But i have Bosch Performance CX Gen 4 motor firmware 1.0.2.0 and i don't have a possibility to do an upgrade because i don't have a bike shop in my town. With this firmware it's someone who put Volspeed V3 with no errors ?

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
Thank you ! But i have Bosch Performance CX Gen 4 motor firmware 1.0.2.0 and i don't have a possibility to do an upgrade because i don't have a bike shop in my town. With this firmware it's someone who put Volspeed V3 with no errors ?
Another vote for volspeed V3 set at max 35kph as the best option

sunstoner

Aug 2, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Speed box 3 fitted with no issues. No speed restrictions now you do use more battery though. Over 300 miles done with it fitted.

I can understand the extra battery use at higher speeds but does it still nail the battery at lower speeds too? Im just wondering on the impact Speedbox has on battery.

For example if im doing 12mph does it consume more battery given same mode ECO/TOUR/TURBO without speedbox?!

sunstoner

Aug 2, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Ive just dropped my bike off for a service and ill be getting speedbox 3.

The techie there said that once fitted they wont be able to update the motors s/ware because theres an update coming out thats gonna know that its being tampered with and apparently bosch are gonna want to know why.

Thoughts??.

Is this correct?

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
l wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, but have not heard or read anything to that effect.

Kongost

Nov 13, 2021
denmark
I can understand the extra battery use at higher speeds but does it still nail the battery at lower speeds too? Im just wondering on the impact Speedbox has on battery.

For example if im doing 12mph does it consume more battery given same mode ECO/TOUR/TURBO without speedbox?!

i think it does my giant with syncdrive pro motor and speedbox 2.1 installed steals the battery even if i just drive i very low speed

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
i have bosch cx gen 4 motor with 1.0.2.0 firmware from the factory. I instal volspeed v3, set at 43km/h speed limit, riding just on Tour mode for 5000km and have 3 times 510 error. A guy told me that i need to update the firmware who will solve 510 error but i want to know what is the update who give me 85Nm torque and solve 510 error but who will not be to sensitive to 504 error which i'm affraid. I understand that the newest updates are more sensitive to 504 error that the oldest ones. I don't need Tour + mode because my modes are just fine for me. I'm just affraid again about 510 error because i understand that he can brake the motor forever. Please help if you know something ! Thank you and a good and healthy year !

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
I read somewhere that the later 85Nm update actually reduces the chance of 504 errors, because earlier versions were throwing up 504's even when not derestricted, so Bosch 'tamed down' the tampering sensing on the later updates.

I had 1.1.2.0 (85Nm) installed on mine just prior to picking up the bike, which I believe was one of if not the first incarnation of the 85Nm updates. I haven't had any 504's but then I don't have a dongle either. I'm not sure what version they are up to now, but I don't have Tour+ on mine nor do I want it either.

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Thank you for your help ! I wait to see the firmware who exclude 510 error because is a shame to buy another motor because of this error. My ebike is just perfect as it is now, excluding 510 error presence sometimes and i don't want to risk breaking for good the motor because of this error.

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
I read somewhere that the later 85Nm update actually reduces the chance of 504 errors, because earlier versions were throwing up 504's even when not derestricted, so Bosch 'tamed down' the tampering sensing on the later updates.

I had 1.1.2.0 (85Nm) installed on mine just prior to picking up the bike, which I believe was one of if not the first incarnation of the 85Nm updates. I haven't had any 504's but then I don't have a dongle either. I'm not sure what version they are up to now, but I don't have Tour+ on mine nor do I want it either.
You could be right there. I had a 504, with no tuning ever fitted, and no fault found on inspection. Since I had the 85Nm update, no repeat.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Anybody fitted a Badass to the Gen 4, seems the least non intervention to the motor and wiring of all the units. Comments ?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Anybody fitted a Badass to the Gen 4, seems the least non intervention to the motor and wiring of all the units. Comments ?
I haven't tried,but I understand it will trigger the 504 (tamper error) error fairly quickly.

da21

Sep 25, 2021
London
I installed a Badass box on my Tree Allant+ 5 bike, it has a Bosh CX performance motor but I don't know how to find out which generation (if anyone can tell me I would appreciate it). I bought the bike a year ago.

Initially, I set the speed limit to 50 km/h, error 504 after a few hundred km. I reset the speed limit to 38 km/h, error 504 three additional times. I did not take notice of the mileage, but every time it felt it would come sooner than the last time. For my 4th error I had to take the bike to the shop to reset it (of course removing the Badass box, without which there is no way they can possibly know if anything was ever installed).

I now have the limit set at 32 km/h, and I think I have done over 2000 km without triggering any more error 504. It could also be that the shop reset got rid of that forever, but I am wary to try to raise the speed limit again.

By the way, how could the software possibly know if I am riding on the flat at, say 40 km/h, or uphill (or even on the flat, but with the wind
against my face) at 25 km/h? It seems to me that this error 504 should be triggered a lot also on restricted bikes, used for the most part on
hilly roads, is it not?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles