• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Gen 4 CX Smart System w/Valve Sensor Tuning ????

mwagE

Feb 7, 2022
Texas
I'm finding that no body has a derestricting tuning chip yet for the Gen4 CX SS W/VS....ugh I'm hoping I have missed something and someone on here may have a suggestion for me to research - I have a POLE Voima on the way and now I find out that this new motor of Bosch is on this bike. This will be my 3rd Ebike and Ive used the speedbox on both of my other ebikes, EP8 & Bosch cx 4gen. apparently this new smart system with the valve magnet is quite unique and no body has produced a tune chip yet. please let me know if anyone knows of something

tatane

Jun 25, 2023
Southern France
device plans are ready and device is rather easy to build (I'm pretty bad at soldering yet managed to build mine in a couple of days once all the components were sourced ;) ). Will indeed take a few more weeks before @megabobra is ready to send out the ones he offered to make ;)

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
That's all correct guys, thanks for the kind words.
There's seven currently in line for a device, and I'll make a few extras for any later requests. But yes, sadly it'll still be a few weeks before I receive everything and get them assembled.
@mwagE, reach out if you're interested.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles