• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered New nx eagle 12 speed chain jumping when loaded

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Hey guys this is my third chain on my metapower and the one I had on before was a gx which is still not even hit the .50 wear with the park tool 3.2 gauge.when I was taking links out on the new one I was barely at a third of a link stretch on the total length..my cassette has no bent teeth either yet it jumps in every cog.it actually sounds smooth even though I’ve still messed with indexing and b screw just to try and eliminate the problem..put the old gx on and it’s fine🙄😂anyone had this?dodgy chain? Never had this last time with the gx one

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Its not a dodgy chain.....your cassette has worn too much to work with a new chain. Just keep using the GX chain until you get problems then change the cassette and chain. Alternatively use the new chain and wait for it wear in which it may do after a couple of rides.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Its not a dodgy chain.....your cassette has worn too much to work with a new chain. Just keep using the GX chain until you get problems then change the cassette and chain. Alternatively use the new chain and wait for it wear in which it may do after a couple of rides.
Yea was kinda dreading you say that 😂this keeping an eye on chain wear is no good if the cassette wears out anyway first..luckily I have an xd ratchet body that came with my dt Swiss rear so a cheaper nx 11x50 is on the cards.Just been told that the park tool 3.2 does not work with sram chains..if that’s true it’s gash they do not say this🙄

Last edited:

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
34FCB4BE-BAF9-4F88-B0D8-1FF4574034DD.jpeg
AD43B5F1-7A36-4A7A-999B-8B6EE825B633.jpeg

example of using the wrong gauge🙄😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles