New motor

n3il

Feb 9, 2020
belfast
I've bought a bike without a motor, shimano are saying they don't sell motors separately, only warranty returns and for manufacture. And they also say that the motor needs to be programmed to the bike. I've seen e7000 motors and e8000 motors for sale in Europe (I'm in the UK) nobody is willing to ship to the UK due to restrictions imposed by shimano. I have access to an address in Europe so thats no problem but will I have trouble getting it programed if I do go ahead and order one. The bike is an e-sommet deore spec so it had a e7000 motor previously.

Last edited:

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
I'd go for an e8000 if you do get the choice ..

Is it a size Small ??

Maybe @Bearing Man might have some sourcing ideas, or @Gary might have some madisson contacts ?
Sadly, I have been looking for over a year, found one 2 months ago, almost new, working condition. Paid an extortionate amount of money for it and the post office lost it!!! :mad:
I have an E7000 here but it's goosed (totally).

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Did the bike come with a motor? I.e was the kaput motor included? If so just warranty that with Shimano via your LBS, and then if they won’t warranty it they will likely offer you a replacement motor to buy

Stuart569

Jun 24, 2019
NE Scotland

Spain seems to be the place to get Shimano E-parts from. I just got a second battery from Bikeinn for about 100 quid cheaper than anywhere in the UK. Screenshot below for anyone too lazy to search the site as the link was for an empty basket?
Screenshot_20200217_213342_com.android.chrome.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I am pretty sure that a shop with a Madison account (in the UK, they are the Shimano distributor here) can order a motor

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles