New Canyon Neuron On!!

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I do not dig this old school geometry bullshit at all.
Looks like an opinion been given the status of a fact, a marketing tool applied by the opponents.
Canyon geometry has taken the EWS team championships the last two years, and this is not my opinion but the facts.
So, congratulations to zee deustchen engineeren fur zee guten werken ??

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Not saying I told you so (much... ;)), but the absence of a new motor and bigger battery is going to be a disappointment to many. This effectively confirms that the much anticipated "E9000" or whatever it will be called will only be released on MY 2021 bikes; the earliest will probably be early summer 2020.
A ray of hope though - the fact that Canyon would go to the trouble of making the battery integrated and equip it with an E8000 does infer that the bolt pattern on the new motor will be the same, otherwise they'd be going back to the well to redesign very soon...

Last edited:

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
But this shouldn’t be a down, because this bike is not intended for doing uplift stuff, its designed for having fun riding the way up.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
nice

Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 19.29.40.png

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Important to remember that this is an EMTB designed for the average rider, and is a great bike for that.

What do I mean by average rider, I mean the load of guys and girls I see riding local too me, who are doing nothing technical, nothing gnarly, but just love getting out on bikes and having fun outdoors on an MTB.

Most people who ride MTB's are not shredding the Gnar, getting rad, or whipping's and scrubbing up a storm, just loving riding in the great outdoors, and for these people the bike is spot on.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Looking at it in more depth the single most interesting thing about the bike to me is the motor cover/bash guard they have come up with - now this looks like a really good idea as aside from protection the motor from dings, it also appears to offer better coverage on the non drive side to where all the connections are, which can be a weak point on the motors. Clearly some though gone into it.

Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 20.22.00.png

Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 20.22.23.png

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Actually the bike is littered with really nice details, tidy cable routing through bars and stem, very nice little chain guide, the USB port etc etc.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Solid looking design with a good fit/finish and some little touches added on.

I dont like how the battery is placed so high/forward in the frame, surely they could have dropped it down/back a good few inches.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I agree on the over-long seatpost comment. I had a day out on my friend’s large and I couldn’t get the seat low enough to fully extend the dropper. Frustrating on a bike that was smaller everywhere else compared to my 19.5” Powerfly.

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Every frame design has compromises, and as a frame costs much more than a dropper post, they chose to size the seat tube that would satisfy the majority of users. As per using the full travel of a sestpost, many can be trickled to shorten the travel if one does not want to buy a new one with correct sizing for his bike fit.
As per getting the saddle ‘out of the way’, for me the saddle is a contact point and also a mean to input driving to the bike, getting it out of the way is good only enough to allow easy front to back body movement without entangling the shorts on it. To slam the saddle down like the slopestyle or bmx riders do is only good for these kind of rides and not for trail riding.

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I expected that at least the top model would be lighter ?.
Weight is the first and most important aspect of a bike, to me.

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
You can't get the seat low enough for decent descending, especially if you are doing uplift days, you just want it out of the way

In this video its possible to see that its not necessary to have the saddle so much down to move the body all over the bike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You would be surprised at how high some downhill riders run the saddle, Loic Bruni is a good example of this, as he like it positioned so that he can feel it with his legs, so he know where the bike is under him.

Still I dont think this bike is really about pushing it downhill, but its always nice to have the ability to slam the saddle as far as you can

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
In my dreams my trail bike weighs 7 kilos and the ebike the double ☺

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles