Análisis tras14.000 km con Canyon Neuron ON

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Hello, after 27 months and 14,000 km, this is my analysis of the Neuron ON 5.0 that I released on 02/2020:

1) Transmission; In the Neuron ON 5.0 they should put an XT cassette and chain as standard.
At 1700 km the Shimano HG500 11-36 10v doesn't work fine, (when I put the third chain on the 11 sprocket it jerked and the paint chipped) and we had to change for a better one, I put a Shimano XT CS-M771 10-speed cassette + the XT Chain CN-HG95 and the
pinion change is now perfect.
It lasts more than 3,500 km and after 14,000 km, everything is still perfect.
2) Brakes; change to deore 4 pistons and 203mm slx discs front and rear is necessary. Improves braking by 60% going down.
3) Suspensions; They work very well together, being easy to regulate.
It has a fairly smooth progressivity that adapts very well to Trail-type use.
4) wheels; change to eliminator grip trail T9 tubeless front and rear, 9000 km without puncture.
5) Components; No problem, except for the battery switch, the plastic came off and I put a transparent 3M sticker on it and the battery base was changed due to breakage, the technical service sent me one in the warranty period.
6) Rear suspension pivots; They turn perfectly connecting rods and joints. (Change the 6 bearings for some SKF at 9000 km).
The two rear axle flanges and the igus are the original ones and are still good.
7) Battery health 86%, adjust assistance level Nm E/T/B 45/95/115, range in Km E/T/B 85/65/45. (Only hills, trails and tracks with a maximum gradient of 400 meters).
8) Using a circlip between the Shimano snapring and the 34 Shimano chainring, avoids a small axial rotation of the chainring that causes the safety thread to loosen and the snapring to deform. (After asking for a new Shimano snapring several times, Canyon technical support sent me one).

LO MEJOR:
Precio
Fácil manejo y eficacia de pedaleo bastante alta, con un comportamiento muy equilibrado que no da ningún problema.
Comportamiento dinámico natural y noble.
Ligereza y agilidad.
A MEJORAR
Deberían tener cassette y cadena XT de serie.
El único defecto del Neuron ON es la falta de compatibilidad con los amortiguadores de depósito.

CONCLUSIÓN
La mejor TRAIL/ALL MOUNTAIN relación precio/calidad del mercado. Por los 2800€ que cuesta ahora no encuentras nada igual.
El servicio postventa es mejorable.
Screenshot_2022-05-15-09-56-33-620_com.shimano.etuberidemobile.droid.phone.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles