Canyon Neuron On, broken axle in rear hub

Magnus71

Dec 21, 2020
Nina7602
I changed the tyre on my rear wheel the other day, and something fell to the floor when I pulled out the thruaxle from the hub (Shimano Deore)
It turned out to be the first twenty millimeters of the hubaxle on the brakerotor side.
Have anyone experienced something similar?
I havenˋt got the slightest idea as to when this might have happened. Some kind of fatigue in the metal?
The most annoying thing about it, is that the supply of spare parts seem to be scarce. The quickest way to fix it, at least four weeks delivery, seems to be to order a completely new hub and disassemble it.
531CD425-1425-4EEB-BE92-293AD2E6E09F.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
seen XTs do similar

is your rear thru axle constant diameter all the way through or a butted/stepped design?

Timochka69

Jan 31, 2018
Helsinki
I changed the tyre on my rear wheel the other day, and something fell to the floor when I pulled out the thruaxle from the hub (Shimano Deore)
It turned out to be the first twenty millimeters of the hubaxle on the brakerotor side.
Have anyone experienced something similar?

Same thing happened to my Spectral:ON a couple weeks back, also a Deore hub. I felt that the rear axle bearings were a bit tight and as I put the cone wrench to the locknut, the whole thing just fell out.

Waiting for parts now, LBS says ca. 10 weeks wait till they get one :rolleyes:. So, I ordered a new wheelset online and installed those today :).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles