• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Need help with E-Tube App for PC

TonyStyles

Aug 11, 2019
Australia
Hi everyone, I need some help with the E-Tube app for PC (windows 10 64 bit). The program downloaded and installed ok, it just wont launch. Whenever I try to launch it it comes up with an error message saying: E Tube project has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
I've restarted the PC, uninstalled and re installed e tube, but still no luck. I've emailed shimano support, but no response yet. Anyone have any ideas how I might get the e tube app working? Any help would be appreciated

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
'k - that is the latest version that is only a few days old.

Does your PC/laptop have inbuilt Bluetooth?
If it does - check in control panel - Network and Sharing Centre - Change Adapter Settings that it is enabled. Have found Bluetooth often turns itself off if not used for extended periods in Win10.

Last edited:

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Ahhh.
OK, I am guessing you have checked the USB driver has successfully installed?

Have not used one for a long while but from memory only liked being directly connected to the laptop and not through a USB hub.
I would suggest right clicking on the etube shortcut and try Running as Administrator.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Fired it up on a couple laptops last night with no issues. Seems fairly straight-forward as far as programs go and what files it calls when opening.

Am thinking perhaps uninstall it, then remove the Shimano folder from Program Files or Program Files (x86) as well as the eTube folder in the ProgramData folder (will need to change folder settings in Control Panel to see this).

tseidler

Aug 13, 2019
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Don't worry, it's not your computer that's the problem. This morning Shimano also figured out that their app was broken and removed version 3.4.4. The older 3.4.1 and 3.4
3 still work though.

To get to the download, visit the etube page, get/copy the download url and change the last digit. Alternatively, get the link off my website ;)

TonyStyles

Aug 11, 2019
Australia
Thanks tseidler, it worked. Right clicked on the big download button on the e tube website, copied url, changed the last digit to 3. All good.
Also got a email from Shimano Australia saying other people had reported this issue as well, and they were in the process of fixing it.
Many thanks to Rusty and tseidler for helping

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles