Kenevo Gen1 My Brose Motor makes sqeaking sounds

is it trash?

• Total voters

JAYWE

Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Hello,

my turbo kenevo only has 650km and my motor already makes strange sqeaking sounds.
I made a short video.

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
Think I’m on circa 1000k, on 21 Levo, today I noticed a similar noise, but lesser extent, thinking (hoping) the chain is dry
I came home and lathered the chain in “dry” lube twice after measuring wear.
I intend relubing chain tomorrow and checking, though worryingly, the bike is just out of LBS with a replaced Tcu - first class service received, though prior to replacement I had two motor faults appear!
Shall be interested in others response!

kwolfkill

Jan 17, 2021
Washington, USA
Watching the video a couple times it appears that the squeak coincides with when two arms of your spider pass under your chainguide. Could that be the cause of the squeak? Dry aluminum spider (or chainring bolt) scraping dry plastic chainguide? Just a guess.

• Agree
Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Watching the video a couple times it appears that the squeak coincides with when two arms of your spider pass under your chainguide. Could that be the cause of the squeak? Dry aluminum spider (or chainring bolt) scraping dry plastic chainguide? Just a guess.
Bigger chainring? Or is the guide on the wrong way?

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
I wouldn’t spray oil in as it will displace any grease
I’d release the derailleur clutch, remove the chain guide,
Try it then remove the chain and retry checking the chain ring is not warped
If the noise is still present, I’d be calling LBS,

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Don't know if that is happening here, but I recently thought my motor was on the way out when it started squeaking. Then I noticed that it was only happening in lower gears. Turned out to be the chain guide. I'd gone over the bike, making sure the bolts were tight and screwed up the guide position. Now better.

JAYWE

Aug 25, 2021
Germany
I feel so dumb that i didn’t saw that in the first place there was also a stone in the chain guide i removed and that was also the reason why the chain guide moved suddenly

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles