Noisy bearings on brose motor

Levo_+_Hope

Jul 10, 2018
Peterborough
Squeaky bearings (chirping noise) Have they updated the seals on the motor at all recently?

I’ve had this problem and oiled both bearings (without removing them) and noise is back after a few rides.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Squeaky bearings (chirping noise) Have they updated the seals on the motor at all recently?

I’ve had this problem and oiled both bearings (without removing them) and noise is back after a few rides.

Oil won’t keep the bearings properly lubricated for very long. You need to use grease on bearings

Take it to your Local dealer, that’s a motor warranty issue.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Yeah it’s under warranty. Just wondered who else had the issue and if the seals have been changed at all to stop this issue
Only have seen it once and the guy used a pressure washer on his bike. They warrantied it anyway. Seals look the same on all brose motors I’ve dealt with.

Sometimes when there is a pedal creak, it’s actually the drive side motor cover with a broken screw hole

Tmacca

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2018
Australia
mine had the bearing noise awhile back when i bought the levo in 2015. Ended up finding info on a German site, wasn't bearings and weirdly just had to take off covers and use a silicone grease around the edges, bizarre but worked.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles