Levo Gen 3 Gen3 noisy motor and fluctuating power

eTrax

Oct 17, 2019
USA - West Coast
When I received my Gen3 it was whisper quiet but it is quite noisy now, anyone deal with this yet?. I also started noticing I will loose some power in any mode no change in cadence. I will switch between modes up my cadence and than it seems to come back randomly.
Almost like the sensor thinks it is receiving more human watts and gives you less.

Lame dealer gave me a pushback saying it basically needs to fail before they can do anything. The service twit told me not to ride far while this is happening - WTF

Also whats the deal with the 9% forced eco crap. Sometimes I am on my final climb out and I need that 5%. Anyway to override that?

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
That's what my last two motors were like I got them changed under warranty without any questions, if you're LBS fobs you off contact Specialized 🤟🤟

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Mine can do that from time to time it also can overrun in turbo sometimes as well it's weird only does that when you transition from a hill climb to flat.

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
I stopped buying Levo's because of this exact noise. I've had motors swapped and all of the replacement motors made the same noise. Also noticed the fluctuating power on all of my Levo's and drove me nuts. If I back pedaled and then pedaled forward it would clear up. Hoping the Gen 4 motors are less noisy.

Janisj

Aug 27, 2022
Germany
I stopped buying Levo's because of this exact noise. I've had motors swapped and all of the replacement motors made the same noise. Also noticed the fluctuating power on all of my Levo's and drove me nuts. If I back pedaled and then pedaled forward it would clear up. Hoping the Gen 4 motors are less noisy.
If Specialized Levo is such a crap, why you owned 6, and after this:
My 2020 S-Works Levo has been down since April 13th. Had motor replaced a month later and 1st ride it blew again. Bike is still in the shop. Lost my love for Specialized.““

bought two more?

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
If Specialized Levo is such a crap, why you owned 6, and after this:
My 2020 S-Works Levo has been down since April 13th. Had motor replaced a month later and 1st ride it blew again. Bike is still in the shop. Lost my love for Specialized.““

bought two more?
Because I receive excellent service from my local bike shop and also Specialized. The Gen 3 Levo geometry is my favorite. When there are no issues the bike is awesome. Unfortunately I've had issues with every single Levo I have owned.

eTrax

Oct 17, 2019
USA - West Coast
Because I receive excellent service from my local bike shop and also Specialized. The Gen 3 Levo geometry is my favorite. When there are no issues the bike is awesome. Unfortunately I've had issues with every single Levo I have owned.
looks like we live pretty close to each other, where do you go for service? MyBuddiesBikeShop?

whwv

Dec 29, 2021
Bay Area, CA
When I received my Gen3 it was whisper quiet but it is quite noisy now, anyone deal with this yet?. I also started noticing I will loose some power in any mode no change in cadence. I will switch between modes up my cadence and than it seems to come back randomly.
Almost like the sensor thinks it is receiving more human watts and gives you less.

Lame dealer gave me a pushback saying it basically needs to fail before they can do anything. The service twit told me not to ride far while this is happening - WTF

Also whats the deal with the 9% forced eco crap. Sometimes I am on my final climb out and I need that 5%. Anyway to override that?

They get noisier as they get closer to failure. Had the power issue you are talking about on both motors. I’ve always thought it was a sensor issue too as my input watts seem incorrect when it’s happening ( I have power meters on regular bikes too so I’ve got a good idea of what I’m putting out). Reality is the motor isn’t going to last forever, cost of doing business. Wish it wasn’t so, but the bike is so good it’s worth dealing with. Got 3000+miles and almost a 1 million feet on the first one, and hoping to get that again in the replacement. Sounds like some of us are in the same area. For those a bit north of My Buddy’s Bike Shop, Encina replaced my motor. Took about 5 days including the time to get warranty authorization from Specialized.

Dago

Dec 5, 2020
Michigan

Dude that is terrible. Read here where someone got this sound in a brand new 2022. The dealer replaced the bike. This needs to be under warranty immediately. FYI-I got a 2022 and put a Pear tune in right away, to get rid of the stupid cut off. I did the same with my 2019 Kenevo which was even easier to hack. The Kenevo I ride for 3 years with ZERO issues. Same now with my 2022.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles